Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Strangest Demands.  (Read 2502 times)

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest Demands.
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 07:17:02 pm »

Obviously the noble likes the item/material, so he wants a lot them to be made and not exported. Nobles always forbid the export of items they like.
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 07:26:53 pm »

I think it was the bed in dining room thing.  That's pretty funny.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 08:27:01 pm »

Demands? Bed in dining room. His dining room overlapped his bedroom, so he noticed it and I did nothing.

Mandates?
Export of shields prohibited. In summer. After I was planning to shift the wooden shields the elves left behind when they mysteriously all drowned. He got magmaed and I sold them.

Construct three adamantine items. On a flat plain. Just after he arrived. Fuck that for a laugh, boss. Here, pull this. What do you mean, it's locked? I'm sorry, what? You're thirsty? Hungry? Pissed off? Demanding the hammerer do something? I think he's right next to you, boss.
Hey, we'd better bury those bodies in there.

I once had a mayor who would demand flutes. Cue mass stonecrafting. Annoying, but he stayed because he wasn't TOO bad, and was a triple-legendary.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 08:42:03 pm »

There is a way to choose your mayor.  One with desirableeasily fulfilled no-hassle demands and mandates.

I believe its based on social skills. Just takes a little work... and it stays that way if you make sure everyone else stays working and/or you make BIG meeting places. (Less chance of them talking, making friends and usurping the true throne of power...  The Mayor...)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »

Once I had my Mayor order 3 aluminum tables built while my Baron ordered 3 aluminum statues. There were only 3 bars of aluminum.

The magma won.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

katyrnyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 10:39:53 pm »

The strangest demand I've had was from a DungeonMaster who wanted a bed in his tomb. 

I'm not sure I want to know why.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 10:45:51 pm »

The strangest demand I've had was from a DungeonMaster who wanted a bed in his tomb. 

Maybe he and his wife are a freaky couple, and his wife's a necrophiliac.

Apparently death would not part them.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 12:30:19 am »

Anyone else have a request for windows?  My mayor asked for 2, I built them and he didn't/couldn't notice - just kept mandating 2 windows.

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 07:00:58 am »

I got three words for you: restraint in bedroom.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Akkristor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 09:22:45 am »

I got three words for you: restraint in bedroom.

Kinky

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 10:23:06 am »

I think he misunderstood the phrase "final resting place" and wanted his rest to be comfortable.

Like the Pharoahs.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 10:33:26 am »

At last the secret of the pyramids is revealed!  They are just very good sound-proofing so the pharaoh doesn't wake from his nap.

I think the weirdest demand I have ever gotten was for an armor stand in a tomb.  My current fort has been able to avoid hammerings because the adamantine item wanting duchess-consort is appeased by my making adamantine wafers while the bismuth bronze wanting tax-collector was appeased by me melting a tin cage and mixing it with a bar of bismuth I got from the dwarves and 2 bars of copper I got in like manner.  I'm now waiting for a new hammerer after the orcs killed my last one.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

dornbeast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 01:17:56 pm »

There is a way to choose your mayor.  One with desirableeasily fulfilled no-hassle demands and mandates.

I believe its based on social skills.

It is.  I've taken to picking my mayor carefully, in the hopes of not getting mysterious "item in location" demands, and avoiding requests for expensive gems.

It seems to be working so far, but it's early days yet.
Quote from: Dornbeast
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 01:20:53 pm »

Anyone else have a request for windows?  My mayor asked for 2, I built them and he didn't/couldn't notice - just kept mandating 2 windows.

They want glass windows, gem windows don't count.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 01:25:17 pm »

Great, now I want to mix this with Strange Moods!

"Pants!  I must have Pants!"
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3