Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Hammerfall  (Read 8444 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hammerfall
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2009, 09:45:05 pm »

Thank you very much.

I have but one more question.
How can I get the shields?
Fight in the arena against the shield using dudes.you kill them,they drop the shields,then you hover near those to pick 'em up.

Need to survive at least until the dude offers a special fight for a item and leave with the shields.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 09:59:47 pm »

So does anybody have any alternative solutions to getting through hammer ball? (I gotta see the rest of this game!) No matter how hard I swing it just isn't enough.  :-\

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 10:00:42 pm »

Go into the save and start experimenting with changing the level. The names that you can go to are in a different folder.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 09:14:52 am »

You can change the mouse speed value in the game's config file.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 01:47:46 pm »

You can change the mouse speed value in the game's config file.

I went into the config and found mouse speed AND hammer density.. so I changed the speed to 14 and the density to 400  :o  Worked like a charm. Thanks man!

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2009, 01:40:31 pm »

Dang, other than needing a decent Russian English translator, and a few irritating weapon bugs, this is a really polished looking game.  IMO very difficult, though, even after you get the hang of the physics.

I put the blood opal in the longest mace I could find and linked up the assault arquebus...very satisfying to whack all the fellows with swords and such from beyond their reach.

However, does anyone know what's supposed to be going on in the first cave mission?  I can't figure out whether the electric spewing guy is friendly or hostile...either way, his pulse attack and electricity keep toasting me.

KG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2009, 02:03:51 pm »

Electric squid is hostile, very hostile.  What you have to do is kill him three or four times, then you progress to a broken level which has to be skipped by editing your save slot.

Also, hooking up another weapon to a mace is generally not a good idea.  The counterbalance doesn't really work well with a flexible weapon like the mace, and damned if you can hit anything with the other end.

Unless, of course, you hooked up the arquebus to a shield.  In which case you just have the weird weight distribution to deal with.  Myself, I always try to use a sword or axe or something that's relatively on-par with the gun's weight, so I can get a steady shot.  Also, if you're only going to use it for long-range attacks, I believe the arquebus is actually more efficient than its assault counterpart.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2009, 03:06:37 pm »

The sword+assault arquebus combo has the advantage of an effortless slash attack, because of the latter's unbalanced recoil.

And speaking of which, I suppose I can mention that here as well.
Somewhere in the data/weapons folder there's a gun_blade.seria file. Open that with Notepad and change two lines (I think MAX_AMMO and some other AMMO line) to 1000. Reload the game, get the assault arquebus joined with the normal arquebus (this is important - otherwise you'll have a hell of a time piloting), start the Grim scenario, and have fun gunning down the buggers. It's a hell of a gamebreaker though.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2009, 03:19:55 pm »

Electric squid is hostile, very hostile.  What you have to do is kill him three or four times, then you progress to a broken level which has to be skipped by editing your save slot.

Also, hooking up another weapon to a mace is generally not a good idea.  The counterbalance doesn't really work well with a flexible weapon like the mace, and damned if you can hit anything with the other end.

Actually, I've gotten very good at spinning up the mace, firing a shot off when the arquebus is lined up, then whacking with the mace.  I might try dropping the gun and using the relic axe for short range stuff though.

Any recommendations for dealing with the electric squid?  I was really hoping it was friendly, since I die almost anytime I'm on the same screen.

KG

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 03:34:06 pm »

Stay at the bottom. As soon as it fires a shockwave, which will deal negligible damage when you are at the bottom, fly up and smash it. Its fairly weak. After you kill one, retreat to the bottom and wait for the next shock wave.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 03:44:53 pm »

I prefer to whip out the ice-sword and just whack it before it can shockwave me. The machine mace works, too, but you'd better get a large red gem into it to improve damage.

By the way, I didn't expriment (for some reason), but maybe the green gems allow to be unaffected by the shockwave? Then they can be another solution.

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2009, 09:27:44 pm »

The arquebus makes for a very useful aid for your spin. If you attach it to your sword, smack an enemy to the ground, lay your sword on them, and fire the arquebus, you'll generate enough spin to instantly kill them. This also works in mid air as well.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2009, 12:24:10 am »

Umm how do you edit the seria files so you can get rid of the time limit? My computer doesn't seem able to alter the files.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2009, 05:46:49 am »

Open them with notepad.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2009, 12:30:54 pm »

Man, I found this game almost 2 years sgo and still love it. What exactly do I edit in the .seria files to disable the time limit?
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7