Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2 river bugs  (Read 1566 times)

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 river bugs
« on: April 28, 2009, 06:20:23 am »

1. River is on two z-levels, one empties into the grass, carp spawn on it and die (yay) other is a basic river, kind of weird to see a river empty and then recreate itself 15 squares ahead of itself

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. Strange waterfall like thing, river dissapears (with whatever is in it (blood in this example)) then is recreated on level below it, then one level below that, is also a river without a back wall

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this is occuring on the same map in a 6x6 area, temperate woodland, 4 biomes, no aquifer, no HFS, apparently magma although not revealed yet
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: 2 river bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 06:45:41 am »

Those BMPs are like 4 megabytes each.  You should probably convert them to PNG (MSPaint is all you need for that) and re-upload them.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 06:57:08 am »

so what if they're big, and how do I convert them?
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 07:05:49 am »

Images that take that long to download make the thread annoying to read.  Open the images in Paint, go to Save As, select PNG as the file format, re-upload them to a site like Tinypic or wherever you've got the current images, then edit your post so it loads the new images instead of the old ones.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 07:08:27 am »

umm.... if you are assuming I have vista you are mistaken because I dont see any save as PNG on paint

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 08:31:08 am »

umm.... if you are assuming I have vista you are mistaken because I dont see any save as PNG on paint

You can save an image as a .png in XP.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 08:32:45 am »

with paint??

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 09:00:33 am »

Save as -> Select the bar that says BMP and select from the sliding box PNG. You should notice a massive decrease in filesize.

But yes, interesting bugs. Hopefully they will be fixed with the new terrain features reorganization in the next version, but we all know they will just unleash an army of bugs upon us.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MarineElite

• Bay Watcher
  • The End is Nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 05:59:36 pm »

That river sounds/looks pretty awesome.
Also to those it may concern How to bybass Troubles with your IP on Byond

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 06:29:49 pm »

lol it would be if my wagon didnt start right next to it instantly killing my woodcutter, my trade, both my miners and a farmer instantly upon game start...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 07:15:44 pm »

Also: Waterfalls look like that. I think there is one water tile in that darkness, so be careful of flooding. That waterfall produces a LOT of pressure.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 07:36:32 pm »

Also: Waterfalls look like that. I think there is one water tile in that darkness, so be careful of flooding. That waterfall produces a LOT of pressure.

They do look like that but I'm not convinced they're meant to.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 08:17:32 pm »

I always figured it was made to hide any possible additions of waterfall-hidden caves. You know, for when waterfall-hidden caves get in.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 08:25:28 pm »

I hear there's HFS behind waterfalls.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 08:58:37 pm »

I do not believe I started this fort with HFS though
Pages: [1] 2