Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding [PET] to every creature  (Read 1244 times)

Irrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adding [PET] to every creature
« on: April 27, 2009, 10:16:00 pm »

I added the tag [PET] to every creature then realized I couldn't look at nobles' requirements in fortress mode. Does anyone know if this will cause any other problems?
A dwarven Architect can and will build an unbalanced skyscraper from lead with only a single supporting column at ground level on top of sand.

Truly the greatest minds of this world.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Adding [PET] to every creature
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 10:27:41 pm »

What do you mean by every creature?

I'm sure dwarves, humans and elves should not have stuff like this, as well as megabeasts. Possibly.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sir_Geo

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 10:29:27 pm »

I'm not sure but it may affect your ability to assign jobs to your dwarfs. I've done this to my dwarfs before along with removing the intelligent tag (replaced with [CAN_CIV] and [CAN_LEARN]). It was hilarious tragic to see my butcher kill all his friends then throw a tantrum about it.

Edit: I did this along with adding the [PET] tag.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:30:11 am by Sir_Geo »
The logistical problems dealing with a private space colony are at least as bad as dealing with the zombies.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-5403-fortressdipped
Fortressdipped, my ice castle.

Irrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »

I'm not sure but it may affect your ability to assign jobs to your dwarfs. I've done this to my dwarfs before along with removing the intelligent tag (replaced with [CAN_CIV] and [CAN_LEARN]). It was hilarious tragic to see my butcher kill all his friends then throw a tantrum about it.

Oh crap. You CAN butcher anything with the [PET] tag unless you have the [NON-BUTCHERABLE] tag, huh? Good thing I turned it off for Dorfs.
A dwarven Architect can and will build an unbalanced skyscraper from lead with only a single supporting column at ground level on top of sand.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 10:44:22 pm »

Oh crap. You CAN butcher anything with the [PET] tag unless you have the [NON-BUTCHERABLE] tag, huh? Good thing I turned it off for Dorfs.

Having [CAN_SPEAK] or [INTELLIGENT] really as well as [PET] stops butchering. It causes a huge heap of bugs, so you should not add [PET] to a creature without removing [CAN_SPEAK].

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:56:57 pm »

Creatures with [CAN_LEARN] made into pets are... annoying.  Since they are idle all the time, they get skill/stat ups.  And I think it bugged my gremlins into not procreating.

So yea.. thats my experience with it anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 07:19:54 pm »

Creatures with [CAN_LEARN] made into pets are... annoying.  Since they are idle all the time, they get skill/stat ups.  And I think it bugged my gremlins into not procreating.

It wouldn't make them procreate if they couldn't before.

You do realise that, by getting skill/stat ups, you can turn your war pets into the most epic legendaries imaginable? It's not all bad news =)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 07:27:00 pm »

You do realise that, by getting skill/stat ups, you can turn your war pets into the most epic legendaries imaginable? It's not all bad news =)
Eh, didn't give the gremlins time of day.  They were just cheap to buy on embark, on default. 
I'll look into their stats to see if they can actually procreate to begin with...

I believe they also had [CAN_SPEAK] so I guess that didn't help with my view of em... its been awhile, so I forgot my 2nd reason to ignore em...

And yea, I know.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Irrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 09:01:18 pm »

Ok. So I can understand from Sir_Geo that removing the [INTELLIGENT] tag and replacing it with the [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK], I can butcher them. I'm going to find out if this will let me tame stuff also.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:05:55 pm by Irrational »

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 03:15:25 am »

what exactly are you attempting to tame? You can never tame civ creatures (like kobolds, elves) no matter the tags. Everything else will be tameable simply by slapping [PET] onto it (but can_speak and intelligent will cause bugs).

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 10:47:56 am »

Until one gets elected mayor, then all your upset dwerfs follow it around forever requesting it grant them a meeting.