Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Most hated: Elves or Nobles?  (Read 3239 times)

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
Re: Most hated: Elves or Nobles?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 11:47:33 am »

How could I hate the elves? They're a source of endless entertainment. First I get to watch them punch their mules to death, then I drink Sunshine while carving ammo from their bones! What's the downside, here?

Nobles are garbage, though. They can all go take a long walk off a short pier. Even if I have to help them by dropping the pier into the cistern. The philosopher's cool, though. He likes to hang out near my magma cannon lever. Oh, and the dungeon master is a respectable, hard-working dwarf. I don't even mind the hammerer, because I never build a justice system for him to cause trouble with, and slaughtering them gives me a steady supply of artifact hammers. By the time you've got a hammerer, you don't need migrants anymore. The baroness will churn out plenty of reinforcements for you.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

grendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 01:06:42 am »

my choice would be the elves, especially that damn tree-hugging ambassador. I want to lock him in a wooden cage, load the cage on a catapult, and shoot it into the magma. But in the next version we get to send out armies. Nobles are harmless without any fortress guard, just have good food and a legendary dining room and you are set.

[edit] After being at war with elves, I have developed a liking for the elves and the tasty unicorn meat they provide

« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:54:37 pm by grendel »
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

24 felsite is bring you baby to repel the goblin siege day.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 04:11:39 am »

Elves, some nobles suck ass, elves suck ass in general. So slightly more hate for the Elves.
Simply because they're stupid tree hugging hippies...That said they got me my entrance sentinel. "Tiny" the Giant Leopard. He ripped a kobold to pieces with one bite. Fun fun :).
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Retales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 04:45:41 am »

Elves, because they make 'short' jokes. Dwarves have feelings too  :'( . Then again, so do elves and that's why throwing them off cliffs or into drowning chambers is so fun :)
Quote from: roundedge link=topic=27527.msg362681#msg362681
And so, little dwarfling if to mayor you rise
never forget to heed this advice
when it's items outdoors, no matter how small
remember remember to forbid them all.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 06:50:22 am »

Elves have feelings?

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 08:56:34 am »

for trees.....
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Swiftfreddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 10:49:17 am »

Nobles can pull my levers.
Elves can't (or I would have some slaaaaaaves)

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 11:11:58 am »

Nobles can pull my levers.

ಠ_ಠ

Literal, or innuendo?

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 11:30:25 am »

sorry for sounding stupid but what is innuendo?
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 01:47:49 pm »

Suggesting something indirectly through context. "Pulling his level" is a sort of that.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 02:10:52 pm »

Suggesting something indirectly through context. "Pulling his level" is a sort of that.
Innuendo pulls my levers.

Screeny of "Innuendo", Stonecrafter.  Its name is blue.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 07:09:42 pm »

Nobles, when killed, stop the flow of immigrants (which I greatly need and enjoy recieving), where as the death of elves results in free silk and food.

Nobles also require a bunch of rooms and crap, they mandate stuff nonstop and imprison or kill my most important workers, and they contribute NOTHING!
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 09:28:25 pm »

The last Elven caravan brought me the following tame animals.
Raccoon
Groundhog
2 cougars
Muskox
Gray squirrel
2 Hedgehogs
Wolf
Bactrian
Grizzly bear

So I'm starting to like the Elves more.  I wish they would keep that up.

Also it's funny to think how they brought all those animals in by making their camels carry them.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 01:49:20 am »

Isn't it ironic, elves are so quick to start wars, yet even KOBOLDS are better equipped. And they "ambush" your millitary most of the time and get their ass handed to them.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 02:15:10 am »

Definitely elves.  I can never create a world where I'm at war with them (or anyone else for that matter =[ )

If you don't want your nobles littering their rooms just make them a nice big tomb full of coffers and cabinets.  They'll merrily store all their crap in the chesties and cabinets, and keep their floors nice and clean =]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4