Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: New Graphics set in the making (halted)  (Read 77182 times)

Laghed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Graphics set in the making
« Reply #450 on: June 01, 2009, 04:05:44 am »

Sorry guys, my cat died that day and I wasn't up for it. I am feeling much better now. I managed to fix the problem after the mountain of wiki was clearly pointed out and I fiddled with it for a bit. The problem was that I had spent an awful lot of time trying to fix it and it didn't go, so I asked here and fixed it in 5 minutes. Cheers.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 01, 2009, 10:08:18 am »

Oh, it's sad :(. I feel pity, I love cats.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jakkarra

« Reply #452 on: June 01, 2009, 11:38:24 am »

Oh, it's sad :(. I feel pity, I love cats.

and yet, you play dwarf fortress.                                                          i realise there is a huge difference, do not correct me.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 01, 2009, 12:19:31 pm »

Hi Beefmo!  My set-only version of your charset is working very well for me so far but for one thing:  My legendary trader is a flashing purple skeleton.  Observe.  I haven't seen any other glitches whatsoever.  Are dwarven traders defined in your set?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:23:10 pm by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 01, 2009, 12:38:46 pm »

Since I realised I cant keep putting my sets up like I have (as in a text in the first post and a sprite sheet there too) I`m taking today to sort out the unfinished sheets and I`ll complie them into a zip or something.

To Corona688: I`ll have a look at that, the trader `SHOULD`be defined in the text entry, but give me a few mins and I`ll double check the entry to make sure its corresponding correctly.. so bear with meh!

(Edit)

Just had a really super quick look and it looks like it should be lining up, but did you do the little fix to the entry that gives trader and trapper a capitol T and R? ... but that wouldnt really explain why he would be a skeleton.. hmm... I'll go have a propper look.

(Edit)

OK! so I figured it out, With that prepackage you made you forgot to change the trader and trapper entries in the text file to have capitol T and R's. If you give them that that will fix yer problem! :P  .....on a side note.. why doesnt the forum like T and R right next to eachother? O_O
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:48:40 pm by Beefmo »

Jakkarra

« Reply #455 on: June 01, 2009, 01:00:49 pm »

actually ive wondered that too Beefmo. im assuming its how the code in-game works, not a forum failmo.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 01, 2009, 01:44:35 pm »

The code in-game works well, I've tested it. Just change tr to TR.

Also, Beefmo, you haven't answered, is it ok that i use your tileset as Ahrabim human subrace in my mod? I gave credits, but I want official approval, to avoid possible misunderstandings in future.

why doesnt the forum like T and R right next to eachother? O_O
Because TR is a table raw tag and it authomatically makes it lowercase by the forum engine. I know, weird. Same with LI to li (list).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 01, 2009, 01:47:03 pm »

Well.. that makes sense! (Not really... but I'll pretend I know what your talking about to sound smart! :P)

And I did say you could a couple posts up, it was a late edit since I forgot to reply to you :P

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 01, 2009, 01:51:59 pm »

Also, Beefmo, you haven't answered, is it ok that i use your tileset as Ahrabim human subrace in my mod? I gave credits, but I want official approval, to avoid possible misunderstandings in future.

Because TR is a table raw tag and it authomatically makes it lowercase by the forum engine. I know, weird. Same with LI to li (list).

If this is done automaticaly, why it is shown corectly in your post?
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 01, 2009, 02:00:17 pm »

If this is done automaticaly, why it is shown corectly in your post?
Because the forum doesn't think it is a tag, since it has no [ in front of it.

Thanks, Beefmo!  I've updated the zip.  I should have caught that.  I blame lack of sleep.

If you want a place to upload text which won't mess with it, try pastebin.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:06:06 pm by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 01, 2009, 03:42:33 pm »

Don't make the Elf Action toooo Hawt, we don't want you getting banned for adult content now do we.  ;D

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 01, 2009, 05:56:43 pm »

OK! Finished off the missing zombie and skeleton sprites for the goblins, and added in some placeholder nobles and jobs for all the races that don't have certain jobs turned on (for those playing as other races in fortress mode). And fixed the misarranged militaries so they are all now in the right order.

PLUS! Zipped the whole bunch up and stuck them on the DFFD so you dont need to do the whole copy/paste thing any more for the text entries... well.. you still will have to if you use a different graphics set and want to use these sprites :P

Gave the added bonus of clearing the first post for me so I'll start using it to post the elves as I get them done for anyone that just wants a quick check on progress.

OH! and I forgot to mention.... the new link for the DFFD is up in the first post now too!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:58:19 pm by Beefmo »

FriedFish

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 01, 2009, 08:26:46 pm »

The metalcrafter bug got back into the txt file in the DFFD zip file. Metalcrafters for dorfs, goblins, humans and kobolds are set to 0:19 (bone carver pic) instead of 8:19.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 01, 2009, 10:45:31 pm »

Thanks for the catch! consider it fixt :P

Jerkald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Polish Games
« Reply #464 on: June 02, 2009, 12:10:08 am »

Excellent work on your graphic sets.  I liked them so much that I registered an account to let you know!  On a side note, I don't know anything about modding the game but it appears that your zip file contains a typo in the graphics_mayday.txt. At the very top you have [FILE:mayday/dorfs.png], but your included file is actually dorf.png.  Its an easy enough fix, but something that probably should be fixed if its in error.

Its good to see such wonderful graphics as I can't stand to play the game without actual graphical representations.

EDIT:
 I spoke to soon it looks like its also looking for Kobaldz.png and your file is kobald.png.   I'm hoping I downloaded the correct file... >_<
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:14:56 am by Jerkald »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39