Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: New Graphics set in the making (halted)  (Read 77188 times)

Jakkarra

Re: New Graphics set in the making
« Reply #435 on: May 28, 2009, 05:18:05 pm »

i think his mention of scan was to virus scan  ::)

i knew this.

Laghed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 28, 2009, 07:04:32 pm »

How to make them not stretch on my screen? They are all scrunched. I don't have one of them new massive screens.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 28, 2009, 07:24:47 pm »

How to make them not stretch on my screen?
You may stretch your screen instead
http://www.eldamar.net/house/ht/screenHowTo.html

On a serious note, go to your /data/init/init.txt and change the resolution in it for your liking.

what is your native language, may i ask?

Russian.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Laghed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 28, 2009, 10:50:15 pm »

Where is resolution?

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 29, 2009, 12:41:42 pm »

Oh boy.

FlexibleDogma

• Bay Watcher
  • xGiant Cave Spider Silk Sockx Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 29, 2009, 02:12:36 pm »

To edit the resolution, take a look at this page on the wiki.  It will tell you how to edit init.txt, the file that controls the size of the game window.  In particular, GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX, GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY and GRID are going to be the ones you need to pay attention to if you are running in a window, while FULLGRID, GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX, and GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY are for the fullscreen mode.

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Technical_tricks#The_game_window

The minimum grid is 80:25, which means you can't go smaller than 1280x400 for the window without letting the game do some scaling for you with this tileset, unless I'm being an idiot.  (This IS a 16x16 tileset, correct?)  So if you need a lower resolution than that, this might not be the tileset for you.

Edit - I like like repeating words and leaving other ones out.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:57:16 am by FlexibleDogma »

Laghed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 30, 2009, 06:23:55 am »

Oh boy.

Yeah fuck you to fred savage, I have been playing this game for a few years and don't really spend alot of time under the hood. Not all of us have taken courses in Dwarf Fortress.

Thanks to the other guys who actually helped.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 30, 2009, 11:04:42 am »

Oh boy.

Yeah, fuck you too Fred Savage, I have been playing this game for a few years and don't really spend a lot of time under the hood. Not all of us have taken courses in Dwarf Fortress.
Nobody has;  there is no such thing.  We learned this information the same way as everyone else did:  Reading the mountain of information freely available on the internet via the wiki and forums.  Not that asking on the forums was such a bad thing but you didn't even pick a related subforum to ask in, let alone a related topic.  Swine flu notwithstanding this thread's supposed to be about something.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:07:24 am by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 30, 2009, 12:51:50 pm »

Oh boy.
immature cursing

Apparently you haven't been using the internet very long either.  You might want to go brush up on your manners before returning to this board.  This isn't the wretched hive of scum and villainy that exists in most places on the internet.  I also suggest you grow some thicker skin, because if an "Oh boy" sets off your panic button, you sure won't do well at any aforementioned hives of scum and villainy.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #444 on: May 30, 2009, 07:10:45 pm »

Oh boy.

Yeah fuck you to fred savage, I have been playing this game for a few years and don't really spend alot of time under the hood. Not all of us have taken courses in Dwarf Fortress.

Thanks to the other guys who actually helped.
Thank you, Captain Butthurt, with your !!witty comeback!!

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 31, 2009, 08:59:46 am »

Try not to take this out of proportions....

I could understand how the "oh boy" could annoy people... not because it says a lot in itself, but because of everything it implies...

Someone got offended by a post that was in no way constructive or helpfull. He then felt the need to write a reply that might have come off a bit harsh, but in reality, all it really said was:* "That was uncalled for, I usually just play the game with default settings, and I haven't really bothered to get into the ini and raw files.

Let it die there.. Please? ;)
*(Personal interpretation, does not equate to the actual intended meaning of the post)

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 31, 2009, 02:16:49 pm »

::)

Anyways, Beefmo!  Update on flu status--how ya doin', man?  Please don't die on us!

ThreeToe

• The Natural
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #447 on: May 31, 2009, 05:42:28 pm »

I would be a hypocrite if I jumped on everyone who used the occasional curse word, but still, lets try to keep it friendly and get back on topic.
Show your true champion nature:  support Bay 12 games!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 31, 2009, 07:45:49 pm »

Thank you, TT :). The problem is that it's not an "occasional" curse word.

Beefmo! I really need an unique arabian-type human set. Could you elaborate at least a "base" sprite or two? I need an idea :D.
I've just added a mid-eastern type race in my mod and I need an unique graphical set for them.

[EDIT]Your humans wear turbans and face veils... May I use them? :D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:52:15 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 31, 2009, 10:22:00 pm »

WHOA! what happened in my thread! ><

Anyways, I be back to good health (as much as that can apply) and its back to spriting!

Kobold sheet is not complete with the number 3 green that pretty much everyone said was more fitting. I tried to do one with the real copper showing through, but it did make the helmets look too cluttered, so they're back to mat patina. I gave alot of the "not really kobold" jobs a pretty much stock sprite with just a placeholder helm, pretty much so I could save some of the helms i was messing around with but it also adds to the kobold clutter look for when you have your 5th cheesemaker show up.
So that will be up on the first post in a few mins and then it will be time for some hawt elf action!

Just a quick thanks to Flexibledogma for trying to help there and madrain for trying to rerail the thread, and threetoe for timely intervention! :P

(Edit)

Forgot about you Deon! Feel free to use my sprites for your humans :P

And apparently my first post is exceeding its allowed length.. so i'll have to sort something out there... ><

So for now I'll just chuck it in here till i can be buggered sorting it out tomorrow :P

Sprite sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Text entry:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:39:42 pm by Beefmo »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39