Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39

Author Topic: New Graphics set in the making (halted)  (Read 77206 times)

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
Re: New Graphics set in the making
« Reply #375 on: May 21, 2009, 02:31:20 pm »

So people are cool with the helmetweapon deally? I went for the patina`d (If thats even the word I`m after) Copper pot helmet look for the military since they are kobolds.. and they would never polish it right? Maybe Elites or Royal guards or something might get polished copper helmets.. don`t know yet.

To Mikemayday: Done and done.. and I mean done.. well.. done as in I`ll fix it after this post.. so not really done, done.. but soon to be done!

To Simmura McCrea: Consider him all yours!

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2009, 04:55:34 pm »

I like them; I'd support if they had normal clay pots and actually held weapons, too, though.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2009, 05:51:22 pm »

I R COMPROMISE!

So I`ll go the weapons/clay pots for regular military, and copper helmweapthingies for elites!

Totally need more helmets btw :P

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2009, 08:00:35 pm »

this is sooo sick, i really love your char set.
Is there any way to make you do a matching tileset that doesn't fuck up text?

P.S. they need to make that sprites for objects are assigned the same way as for characters (every specific item can have it's own sprite). that way we would have fully sprited game and avoid test fuckup
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2009, 08:20:20 pm »

fisherkobold and farmer kobold
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2009, 08:47:25 pm »

I R COMPROMISE!

So I`ll go the weapons/clay pots for regular military, and copper helmweapthingies for elites!

Totally need more helmets btw :P

You are possibly the most awesome person ever.  I've been too busy to doodle with helmet designs, but I hope some other people are toying around with some!  How many are you looking for in total?

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 22, 2009, 09:02:34 am »

I *adore* the kobold elite lasher.  Very tempted to replace my snow-leopard avatar with it.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 22, 2009, 11:56:44 am »

Kobold Military complete!!

Kinda of a big pic so I`ll hide it in a spoiler...

Not to sure on the royal guard "polished copper" gear.. they might just go to clay helmets.. ANYWAYS!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To Kiberkiller: I'll prolly get going on the tileset once all the races are done (Including orcs) since it will need the most raw diving and be the least amount of fun :P But There are some things you just cant help but screw up the text with like the "O" for ends of walls and also for the letter "O", but I can try my best.

To Vactor: Time to get to work on the jerbs! So I'll be saving yours (since I've been to lazy) and check them out. Really loving the cooking pot on the head for a kobold cook, so more than likely he's going in! (With your permission of course :P)

To Madrain: They DO call me awesome aswell as compromise alot now that you mention it! :P And I be needing possibly a small helmet for each job sprite and some larger grander ones for nobles. So quick count tells me 66ish helms? O_O Lots will probably get recycled ones looking at that now ><

To LumenPlacidum: He was the hardest for me to come up with.. a helmet thats a whip... took me ages to figure out something that didnt look stupidly lame. He actually reminds me of.. .hmmm... Plocky i think it was? An old SNES game that had this little dood running around shooting his legs and arms at ticks! ...fun times...

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #383 on: May 22, 2009, 03:40:57 pm »

you will make orcs?! awesome.
it would be awesome with a tileset too.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 22, 2009, 04:52:20 pm »

Just some kobold job sprites!

Bone Carver -> Leatherworker -> Woodcrafter -> Stonecrafter
Mason -> Carpenter -> Weaver/clothier -> Gem cutter/setter

To Kiberkiller: I'll definitely be doing orcs just because they make the game FUN! :P If you scroll back a couple pages... no idea where back in there, theres a couple mock ups for orcs in the process.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 22, 2009, 06:56:40 pm »

Here is a simple archive for beefmo's set as of the current (may 22, 2009) revision of his opening post.  The archive contains the complete raw/graphics folder and nothing else.  Anyone using a 16x16 graphic set should be able to just replace their graphics folder with this one, I think.  For those wanting a complete new setup, you can grab the complete graphics_mayday.txt from this archive instead of hand-editing it.

What mod gives you orcs?  I've never seen any and the wiki denies their existence.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:59:19 pm by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #386 on: May 22, 2009, 07:44:20 pm »

Jeweler looks really funny ^^i like him

Edit: Orks looks good but there is one thing that bothering me, no matter how much i stare at human sprites i don't understand what is that red thing, i'm not saying that sprites are bad (they are sharing first place with MayDay's maybe even better) it's just i don't know what to look for.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:50:37 pm by Kiberkiller »
Relationships?

Redhades

• Bay Watcher
  • That boy needs therapy
    • View Profile
    • My Linkedin.com profile is all bout me
« Reply #387 on: May 22, 2009, 07:54:03 pm »

Sorry, but I'm not to much of a fan of those helmweapthingies:-\
I actually prefer the more regular ones with the claypots. They're just more charming.
Those helmet weapons are a bit too silly, even for DF. An the arm position gives them more of a zombie posture then a stronger looking one.

Just giving constructive comments. I still think these are wonderful pixel art.

Also...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 12:21:07 am by Redhades »

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 22, 2009, 10:14:21 pm »

I R COMPROMISE!

I love it.  I can just picture the elites ramming people's legs for horrific injuries.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 22, 2009, 10:44:59 pm »

Yet more job sprites!

Miner -> Woodcutter -> Engraver -> Architect -> Cook (If Vactor doesnt mind)
Butcher -> Fish Cleaner -> Fisherbold -> Animal caretaker/trainer -> Trapper

To Corona688: Thanks! I'll chuck that up on the first post page aswell. So I'm assuming you got it all to work?

To Kiberkiller: The red things on the humans (If I'm understanding right) are meant to be cloth. So for the non elite soldiers its like a cloth draped rim on their helmets, for the elites its like a cloth facewrap attaxched around their helmets, and progressivly more cloth going into a facewrap/shouldercover/sash thing for the guards to full robes for the royal guards.

To Redhades: The thing to remember though is that your not going to see a screen full of weapon helmed kobolds seiging you, just the leaders of the groups comprised of the normal clay helmed ones. So I'm hoping that wont put you off too much. And space balls ftw! But I was actually given the idea from this
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39