Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: New Graphics set in the making (halted)  (Read 77179 times)

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
Re: New Graphics set in the making
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2009, 07:35:59 am »

Woke up WAY too early today ><

To Madrain: The initial plan was to do everything, but I'll get through the vanilla races first, then probably a tile set, then hopefully creatures! We'll see how it goes though :P

To Bloogonis: Hrmmm.... there shouldn't be any intrusions occuring. Has anyone else seen this happen? And good catch on the blue craftsdwarf... I dont actually have one made O_O

To Neruz: To my knowledge true transparencies don't actually exist in DF atm. As in a sprite isn't shown with its underlying tile in the area's where magenta are, just the background colour of that tile, which pretty much = black. May be wrong though.. since I just woke up and me brain still be on auto pilot!

Craftsdwarf inc.. then... On to humans!

(Edit)
Just found the zombie/skeletal entries so I'll get those done first!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:27:36 am by Beefmo »

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2009, 07:41:25 am »

Hmm. Looks interesting..
ahh, the internet, where all that you need to aquire the blueprints of war-capable submarines is an email account
Ironblood vs Morul. Natural badassery vs intense lifetime training. Nothing will survive.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2009, 11:56:52 am »

Skeletal and Zombie dwarfs done!

Nothing really great about them.. but hey.. the maceman has a leg to beat you with?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2009, 01:29:40 pm »

sweet, Its just a thing with me, but how do you think the zoms would look with just a little more necrotic flesh on the head. I mean the meat on your head is not very thick so it doesnt slough of the bone that easily. (plus Ive seen similar half skull showing on other graphic sets)

Update on the testing, Dyer showed up as a black square. at first I thought my moving the entire thing down one pixel did it but my mechanics are looking fine. (moving the whole thing down one pixel fixed the intrusions, Might have been an error in how I pasted it in)

PS: love the Zombie Macedwarf

Edit: Holy smokes! the Goblins are squished! looks like the dimensions for hight is double somewhere, and Bowyer is generic dwarf but yellow. Trapper is generic but green
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:21:25 pm by Bloogonis »

Sepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2009, 04:21:05 pm »

Oh boy, my sprite alignment must be off.  My brand new expedition is populated by zombies.  And what's worse, they're abominations with the top half on the bottom and the bottom of something else on top.

Here's hoping I can adjust that somehow.

For what it's worth, however, the parts that are visible are awesome, and it makes me want to start out in a hostile city with a party of 7 zombies and wreak havoc.

E: [PAGE_DIM:12:23] instead of [PAGE_DIM:12:18]; after you fix this, the graphics work as expected.  And look great.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:29:20 pm by Sepis »

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2009, 04:43:59 pm »

To Bloogonis: Yeah I`m not to happy with my zombies apart from the club :P Did them when i just woke up and I had to go out so they were kinda rushed.. I`ll give them a rework. And did you paste the png into the mayday bmp? I`d say just open it in paint and save it as a bmp instead to save any pixel missing that might happen. Give it a try and see how it works out.

To Sepis: Thanks for that catch! Could have sworn I changed that in the first post.. but sleepyness I guess got the best of me... So its fixt now!

Time to go mess with meh zombies again!

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2009, 05:09:21 pm »

The graphics don't work for meh! D:

It just has my tileset dwarf with the different colors D:

Sepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2009, 05:30:07 pm »

The graphics don't work for meh! D:

It just has my tileset dwarf with the different colors D:

Having screwed this up a number of times already and found fixes for myself...what version are you playing and what tile/graphics packs are you editing to try and make these work?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2009, 05:39:06 pm »

I'm using 40d, and I downloaded MayDays stuff and just took out the tileset and the graphics, modifying them how I needed too, and put them in the folders.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2009, 05:58:15 pm »

So you`re just stanking what you need from the mayday pack and adding it to your original 40d? Did you remember to take the .init file across? .. I sucks at trouble shooting >< Usually a swift *WHACK* to the side of my computer fixes my troubles :P

But I`m pretty sure the mayday pack has alot of the raw`s edited too although that shouldnt really do what you say is happening to you appart from the .init file if you forgot to change that. I`m hopeing Sepis has your answer!

So in the meantime amuse yourself with some new zombies!

Lasher now has intestines instead of whip!

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2009, 06:00:13 pm »

Yeah, I cahnged the Init to maydayMAX.bmp

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2009, 06:03:34 pm »

And you have the graphics_mayday.txt in your /raw/graphics folder?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2009, 06:04:29 pm »

Da.

PMantix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2009, 06:06:46 pm »

Zombies + Skeletal Sprites = Win

Great job.  ;)

Intestine whip is freakin' sweet!

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2009, 06:10:40 pm »

I R Stumped DoctorZ.. I mean it sounds like DF isn`t knowing where to look for your dwarf sprites, but those are the only idea`s I can come up with.... Lemme download a fresh DF and try to recreate what you`ve done. Might take me a while ><

And bad news is that I forgot to save my zombie sprite sheet before I made a 200% piccy for here.... so I`ll have to redo those after too! T_T

(Edit)

Ok, so I downloaded a fresh 40d and the mayday graphics pack. Copied across the init.txt from the mayday pack and the graphics_mayday.txt from the /raw/graphics folder along with the corresponding mayday subfolder. Saved the dorfs-1.png from the first post, opened it with paint and saved it as dorfs.bmp to overwrite the mayday one. Replaced the [TILE_PAGE:DORFS] entry with the one on the first post under the sprite sheet, and it worked for me O_O....

So that`s not really any help... was kinda hoping to get your error so I could atleast try to figure out what was wrong.

Hrmmmm..... did you do the whole open dorfs-1.png in paint and save it as dorfs.bmp to replace the mayday one thing?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:32:05 pm by Beefmo »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39