Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: New Graphics set in the making (halted)  (Read 77160 times)

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
Re: New Graphics set in the making
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2009, 11:42:39 am »

ooh the baby looks like a baby.
In the graphics pack in DFG it looks like a fried egg - infact that must have taken me about a month to figure out why a whole load of my dwarves were flashing with fried eggs the whole time.
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2009, 03:06:33 pm »

OK! So I `think` I`m done with dwarfs O_O

So I`ll take this time to whip up the appropriate files and the fun of re-arranging my sprite sheet!

To Kivish: Great idea. I was trying to make it simple... then I realized that png support was a 40d/ feature so that kinda screwed up my idea :P The sheet I threw in the other post was just a quick test using mayday`s sprite sheet with some of my dwarfs just pasted over them into position. Thanks for the catch on the marksdwarfs, prolly would have slipped by me :P. I`ll be making a proper file and layed out sprite sheet for dwarfs and goblins before i start work on my next race (I`m thinking I`ll try humans for some reason) and I`ll plonk them into a zip on the DF file depot and change them to bmp for older compatability too. HOPEFULLY I`ll have it up by the end of the night.

To Neruz: I didn`t think full transparancies were in DF yet? On my version its still the flicker between tiles and everything is on black background. Mind you I haven`t been keeping up to date about the progress of the newer 40dsomethings so I may be missing something.

To DoctorZ: We could say that the wrapping the baby is in is actually his beard tied around his back and his feet? And the child has a little chin fluff although it looks more like a shadow :P

Now onto the sheets!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2009, 03:36:57 pm »

Also, for anyone playing on 40d instead of any of the 40d# versions- you can't just change .png to .bmp. You have to actually save the file then open it in paint or whatever and tell it to save it in bmp format.

If you wanna do mayday in 40d11 just copy the graphics folder in raw over and set the graphics option in the init file YES. There's nothing different about the graphics format besides accepting .png files and therefore transparency.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2009, 04:29:20 pm »

I think the current Mayday DFG is using just plain 40d.
That is true:)

I stronly recommend pasting over my stuff, just remember to check if the background is pure magenta. Transferring bmp to png and vice versa might cause problems for whatever reason... I guess I'll update DFG soon to make sure those problems no longer appear.

"OK! So I `think` I`m done with dwarfs O_O"
If you did them all, I'll gladly include this in the next DFG :D

(BTW, I sometimes get the impression that using the name "DFG" looks like I want to make others think I'm doing a work of my own here... I hope not too many people think that. I'm using this name for convenience only).
<3

Sepis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2009, 04:43:20 pm »

Using 40d11, the sheets as pngs, and the rest of maydays graphics, I have a prettier, really fast DF game.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:01:06 pm by Sepis »

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2009, 05:23:45 pm »

Just a heads up that the dwarf sprite page and corresponding file info is up on the first page now! So mebe you`ll have better luck with it now Sepis! :D

If anyone notices anything awry about it give me a holler, same if you see I`m missing something. Also i MAY try to screw around with the blacksmithing professions to give them their own unique sprite each... we`ll see how it goes.

Goblin sheet and file incoming next!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2009, 05:28:25 pm »

So, what are you making next?

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2009, 05:33:26 pm »

Still gotta whip up the goblin sheet tonight and fill in some jobs for them I THINK I`ve missed. But I`ll have to go through the entity file to make sure I didn`t skip them because goblins could not become them anyway... guess I`ll see soon enough. Then I think I might go onto humans maybe... or elves.... *shrugs*

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2009, 05:54:13 pm »

Mebe you should do a tileset before you go further.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2009, 07:23:14 pm »

Just noticed some of my craftsdwarves aren`t turning up.. so bear with me >< (God I hate the file fiddling part.....)

To DoctorZ: Wont lie... I`m putting off on the tileset to probably last... it`s WAY more work than the character sheets to do. I`ll have to fiddle around with the raws to figure out what i can change around to free up tiles.. and I hate that part! So if I try to do it now, I`ll prolly lose alot of enthusiasm :P

bokbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2009, 07:39:36 pm »

If the ones from the lower rows aren't showing up properly, it's because the text file doesn't allow for the one-row gap you left beneath the military, ie the bone carver should be at 0:13, rather than 0:12, and so on. :) I just took that gap out of my image file, less effort, and they're showing up properly now.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2009, 07:47:54 pm »

I <3 you bokbon! I was sitting here staring at it for ages trying to figure out what I messed up ><
I knew it would be something like that... SO THANKS! :D

I`ll edit the file right now!

(Edit) Text fixxed! Thanks again! So how do you like it anyways?

(Edit) Both Dwarves and Goblins up on the first post ready to be tested/used!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:04:05 pm by Beefmo »

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2009, 01:17:07 am »

If the ones from the lower rows aren't showing up properly, it's because the text file doesn't allow for the one-row gap you left beneath the military, ie the bone carver should be at 0:13, rather than 0:12, and so on. :) I just took that gap out of my image file, less effort, and they're showing up properly now.

Thank you so much!  That cleared up my problem with dysopian rhetoric's graphics perfectly!

Thanks to Beefmo too, for giving us such an awesome character set.  I can't wait until humans and elves are done, too.  I forget, but were you planning on doing creatures as well, Beefmo?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2009, 02:43:29 am »

some test results for ya

all of the dwarfs on the top line have some intrusions on the bottom one or two lines

Craftsdwarf went all blue. it is showing a dwarf resembling the peasant only its blue. darker blue for the overalls and a shade lighter for the rest of the dwarf

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2009, 04:06:53 am »

I did what Kivish said; it works perfectly except for the fact that transparency appears to be broken; all the icons are now on black squares instead of being transparent.

Interesting.

What version are you playing? I play 40d therefore it isnt transparent anyway.

Whatever the current Mayday version is.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39