Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39

Author Topic: New Graphics set in the making (halted)  (Read 77149 times)

Grimmir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Graphics set in the making
« Reply #495 on: June 15, 2009, 03:50:12 am »

Im seriously loving this set, please continue to work on it. I would love to see some animals and orcs.

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 21, 2009, 10:15:10 pm »

This thread is fading down the list!  It must get the attention it deserves.  Come back to us, Beefmo, you are master of pixel art!

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 21, 2009, 11:54:50 pm »

These sprites are ridiculously well made. Good job, and keep up the good work! I'd love to see some orcs  ;D

chinkeeyong

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 22, 2009, 01:49:12 am »

Definitely remind me of oldschool RPG sprites, especially the humans. Please continue!
Embrace imagination
Steam Machine: DF steampunk mod

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 22, 2009, 04:00:06 pm »

Sorry... I`ve kind of been working on a second installment of "A Vile Force of Darkness" which is coming along nicely i think :P

I've actually whipped up a basic military for the orcs that I've been using for my fortresses, but I'll try to finish off the missing military units (I think its just the bow doods and some elites) and I'll Chuck that in the download on the DFFD. As an added bonus I've also done the sprites for their war elephant and dire wolve mounts!.. but I still need to figure out a spider :P

So hopefully, if i dont distract myself too much with the second installment of my little comic gif thing, I'll have a basic orcs done in the next few days and I'll really get into them and finish them off completely after im done with episode 2!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 23, 2009, 06:18:10 am »

A Vile force of darkness.. part 1 ENJOY!!:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh wow.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 23, 2009, 10:59:22 am »

Awesome...
How did you make it? For how long?

Empathaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2009, 06:29:17 pm »

Loving this set, just thought I'd pop in and add my voice to the chorus of support. I really like the lack of colour coordination, it makes the graphics seem more believable, as opposed to "game-like". MY dorfs seem to have much more personality, especially the military. Keep up the excellent work.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 26, 2009, 02:32:55 pm »

Finally got around to getting the orc military done... well.. atleast the standard and elites (but not guards or royal guards). So the DFFD download has been updated.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the text file is set up to work with any creature with the creature name of "ORC" so it will work with Rysith's orc mod straight away (including orc mounts) or any other "ORC" creature you've modded in yourself.

And part 2 of my little animation thingy is taking WAY longer than I expected.. So far I'm already at the same length of the first but its only the first scene done.. so it may be a while ><

To Everyoneoutthere: Thanks for all the support.. things have slowed down a bit lately... I keep finding ways to distract myself.. but its getting there ><

To IndonesiaWarMinister: Took me about 2 1/2 days to whip up all the sprites used in the animation and to compile it. I used photoshop to actually "make" it. WAY easier than how I used to ><
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:39:42 pm by Beefmo »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 27, 2009, 08:56:05 am »

Haha nice work Beefmo was wondering when we might see some more, I love the expression on the Orc's faces.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 27, 2009, 10:10:15 am »

Hey there Beefmo,

Been a while since I last posted but I have been watching with joy as you produce these fantastic graphics.

Special thanks for releasing these orcs, I made some of my own based of the single Orc you posted a while back but had real trouble with the elites, so thanks!

What do you plan to make next, or are you having a well earned rest?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:32:47 am by Kivish Zokun »

PMantix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 27, 2009, 08:00:52 pm »

I really like the orcs. Like all your other work, excellent job.

I will say that I think the first two in the upper left look like they have a little bit of "orc boob" going on..    Is the orc mid section supposed to be showing the orc chest, or the orc pot belly with belly button?

If it is supposed to be a chest, I say move the entire chest up a pixel to give the 'girls' some needed support.

If it is a pot belly, I think the belly button could stand on its own as the lighter colored pixel above the darker one. So put a skin color pixel in between the belly button and the 'belt'

Just my thoughts..

;)

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 29, 2009, 06:30:54 pm »

Also, Orc Master Lasher totally looks like a gimp! Heh!
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 29, 2009, 09:00:39 pm »

Does anyone have a good ini.txt setting for a 1024x768 resolution? The default settings on Mayday's makes the character sprite so tiny I can't really make out what they are.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

pugi

• Bay Watcher
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 30, 2009, 07:51:51 am »

A 16x16 tileset requires a minimum resolution of 1280x400, as the minimum grid is 80:25.

Personally i now use 1280x800 with 80:50 grid on fullscreen with a 1680x1050 monitor, so the tiles are scaled up to 21x21. It is a little bit blurred, as 1 pixel is shown on 1.3125 pixels now, but i can see them in greater details as opposed to 1680x1050 with 105:65 grid.

Oh and by the way: Great and lovely graphics Beefmo :D
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39