Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39

Author Topic: New Graphics set in the making (halted)  (Read 77212 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: New Graphics set in the making
« Reply #360 on: May 21, 2009, 01:50:13 am »

Kobold Master Thief definitely needs to be a small cardboard box with eyes.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 21, 2009, 07:53:15 am »

No it doesn't.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 21, 2009, 08:09:05 am »

Yes it does; these are Kobolds we're talking about here.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 21, 2009, 10:06:49 am »

That's exactly why it doesn't.  Feel free to make your own box with eyes, though.  Should only take about 2 minutes in paint, and that's if you want it fancy!

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 21, 2009, 11:28:01 am »

Whoa.. just realised something... kobold permitted jobs = grand total of like 6.....

So apparently I dont need to make many helmets at all! T_T

THEY CANT EVEN COOK!!!!!!!

So the question is.. should I do a full sheet for them for anyone that want`s to play as kobolds? Or just leave them with vanilla jobs...

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #365 on: May 21, 2009, 11:35:53 am »

Whoa.. just realised something... kobold permitted jobs = grand total of like 6.....

So apparently I dont need to make many helmets at all! T_T

THEY CANT EVEN COOK!!!!!!!

So the question is.. should I do a full sheet for them for anyone that want`s to play as kobolds? Or just leave them with vanilla jobs...

Full sheet please? Kobald Camp is insanely fun at times.

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 21, 2009, 11:41:41 am »

Honestly.. I was really just looking for an excuse to do the whole sheet... And your it!

THANKS! ;)

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 21, 2009, 12:33:57 pm »

I suck at writing instructions.. or anything for that matter.. but lets see what I can do to get them to work for you:

Firstly, unless your using 40d11 you'll have to open each of the sprite sheets in paint or something similar and manually convert them to .bmp files via save as (Since .png support was only introduced in 40d11 and any version prior wont recognise them).
Yep, I know that much. 40d11 here.
Secondly if your using a graphics pack thats not the DFG (MikeMayday pack) youll have to find the "graphics.txt" file in the raw/graphics folder in DF (It may have different names depending on the set you were using, which MAY consist of several .txt files) and find the relevant entry positions in those files for the text under each sprite sheet in the first post (Note: you'll also have to change the line from [FILE:mayday/dorfs.png] to[FILE:mayday/dorfs.bmp] if you had to convert them to .bmp files due to another version pre-40d11)
Oh, your post wasn't graphics.txt in its entirety?  It might be easier on people (and you!) to just post the whole thing rather than having us AND you teasing out which bits and pieces need to be changed.
Thirdly it "SHOULD" work.. But it is late and I am stupidly tired so I might have missed something. If your still having problems post here and I'll check back in the morning.
If I can get it to work tonight I'll put up a simple archive of it, with your permission.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Jakkarra

« Reply #368 on: May 21, 2009, 12:54:09 pm »

would you be at all willing to do the graphics for my modpack when its out mate?

it'll take a while before its ready though, and i don't mind if you don't want to, but my set sorta failed...

love, jakkarra

Beefmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrug?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 21, 2009, 01:59:30 pm »

So I kinda got this idea for kobold military.... Not sure on it though.. You can use pretty much anything as a weapon in adventure mode right? Even Kobolds?

To Corona688: Yeah the text in the first post is just the entry text that you need to replace the original entries with. And the problem with making it into a pack at the moment is that I havent got everything done.. so you really need to use it with a `complete`pack for everything else atm, and that would mean that youd have to rummage through their graphics.txt`s to delete any conflicting entries anyway. But if you can work something out go for it!

To Jakkarra: Still got alot to do before I can start doing requests for other mods im afraid :( But if I dont get burnt out by the time I`m done I`ll gladly give it a shot for you!

Jakkarra

« Reply #370 on: May 21, 2009, 02:09:25 pm »

those 'bolds look awesome-sauce dude!

also, yeah, its gonna be a while before i finish my mod and whatnot, so yeah.

love, jakkarra

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #371 on: May 21, 2009, 02:14:28 pm »

Haha, now that's some innovative kobolds right there!

Bonus note: updated DFG with your latest dwarves file. I think it'd be a better idea to link to the site rather than the file, as the latter is prone to change often these days.
<3

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 21, 2009, 02:18:45 pm »

i think they use copper gear, love the master thief, how about the normal theif? "Me no Kobold, Me pot. Shhhh"

I'm worried the elven military would be confused with the (animal)men.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #373 on: May 21, 2009, 02:23:16 pm »

Honestly.. I was really just looking for an excuse to do the whole sheet... And your it!

THANKS! ;)

I'm good at providing excuses. Could I use that kobald master thief as an avatar? I really love it.

Jakkarra

« Reply #374 on: May 21, 2009, 02:27:13 pm »

Huzzah for beefmo avatars!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39