Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Scamps caption  (Read 7984 times)

LordDemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Scamps caption
« on: April 27, 2009, 09:43:13 am »

Ok, here is my idea. Occationally we get pictures of scamps, right? He is doing his rather normal kitty stuff and hogging attention away from the dwarf fortress development.

I suggest we start a scamps caption thread. Ideally, we get a picture of scamps. Then it is simply a way to add a caption to picture. Every member should only add one caption per picture, and each should have some sort of DF reference. Winner get's nothing and everyone wastes time, so it is perfect for Internet.

For example: We use this recent picture.
What is your caption for this?

My suggestion is :" Oh no you don't! I know all about the kitten biscuits. Leave me alone."

For those who are worried, this is not suggesting anything about toady, but a reference to scamps defensive posture in the picture, and the DF reference.

What is your suggestion for capture?

If you are a goblin, you know you joined the wrong siege when the grates come down and bridge raises behind you, trapping you inside.

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Scamps caption
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:55:58 am »

Scamps has become an Elite Wrestler!

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 10:02:20 am »

Scamp cancels sleep: interrupted by giant toad.
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 11:16:28 am »

are you telling us to make him into a LOLscamps ?

forget it
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 11:18:05 am »

This is an engraving of a toad and a kitten by Urist McEngraver. The Toad is stricking a menacing pose. The kitten is cowering.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 11:40:03 am »

Floorcat is watching you vote for yourself.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41:39 am »

"Toady and Scamps plan out new Features for dwarf fortress"
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:57 pm »

This is an engraving of a toad and a kitten by Urist McEngraver. The Toad is stricking a menacing pose. The kitten is cowering.
Win!

LordDemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 02:00:06 pm »

forget it

Well, I support proper spelling, but if you feel like it why not. Just make it funny.
If you are a goblin, you know you joined the wrong siege when the grates come down and bridge raises behind you, trapping you inside.

DgnBiscuit

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been nauseated by the sun lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 03:04:05 pm »

"Scamps enters a martial trance."
Urist McKitten has been ecstatic lately. Urist McKitten can has cheezburger lately.
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 03:42:25 pm »

forget it
Aww jeez-
Zeguthir , "Tattooedseared", a invisible piano. Weight 667. Basic Value 228000.
This is a invisible piano. All craftcatship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with red spidersilk cloth and encricled with bands of dog leather. The object is adorned with hanging rings of cave aligator leather and menaces with spikes of green glass and turtle shell.
On the item is an image of a cat and giant toad in Andesite. The cat is playing to the giant toad.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 07:31:00 pm »

''This is an engraving of Toady and Scamps by Urist McUseless. Scamps is performing the Sacrifice to Armok.''
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 09:53:07 pm »

"Scamps, kitten, has mandated the coding of certain creatures into the underground."
EEEEEEEEE's placed 100/100.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 11:51:13 pm »

Scamps Glares.
Toady hand is tries to escape.
Escape is IMPOSSIBLE.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 07:07:40 am »

Good one!  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3