Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46

Author Topic: Age of Restoration game discussion (Still one spot open!)  (Read 50657 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration game discussion (Full)
« Reply #630 on: August 15, 2009, 08:40:07 pm »

GET YOUR DAMN TURNS UP, PEOPLE!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 15, 2009, 09:15:38 pm »

Okay, people, the next turn should be up on Sunday. Have your turns ready or else... well, I'll have to think of something :P. But seriously, it's been almost three weeks; get something up, okay?
Where'd the thread go?
:P

Thread can be found at the following location:

We must have turns! I want this game to live on.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:17:43 pm by Nirur Torir »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 21, 2009, 10:08:09 pm »

Okay, so: We're clearly mired here. Three turns are posted, three are not. Here's what I'm going to do: Anyone who doesn't have a turn posted by this Sunday is out of the game. Since RPB hasn't even logged on since the fourth, this means there will almost certainly be at least one opening. Anyone who wants in can post a nation; we'll see who gets in this weekend.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry. Turn up tonight, RP if I get the chance tomorrow.

EDIT: Wait. I lied. I've got to get up early so I'm going to bed now. I've got to work at an airshow tomorrow, followed by normal work, so I'm not sure when I'll be done. I'll try to do it when I get back (say 26 hours from now), hopefully, that'll be soon enough, although I understand if it isn't.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:21:08 pm by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Last chance for anyone else then...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darn. I've slashed my schedule to do this, wrote my turn, then went through everything to try to figure out what weapons I have. I'm positive that I've made iron hand weapons, but I didn't write them down.

I'm going to have to include a few Russian jokes with my next RP I guess.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Yay! Openings!

Before i post an application, 1 question
For my race, could i possibly have Manakete from Fire Emblem games? They could start without dragonstones or something like that, but they would be my preference.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't really know anything about them, but they sound kind of overpowered. Even just natural flight would be a huge advantage.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Yeah. They are a little OP.

On that note:
City/civilization name: Ruin
Race: Death elves: a subspecies of elves tainted by an evil death god. They seek to kill or enslave anyone not a part of their "perfect" race, all in the name of their god. They will try whatever they can to sow the seeds of death and evil, and wish to force all tto worship their god and be subservient to their empire. They have unquestioned loyalty to their god, and often will choose to join him than to be crippled.
     Physically, they invariably have pitch black hair, bloodred eyes, and pale skin that has an unearthly glow.
     They are governed by the Oracle, who they believe is a connection to their god. The Oracle has absolute power and is believed to be a sacred vessel possessed by their god, so only their high priests are allowed to even see the Oracle, and only the lesser priests are allowed to speak with the high priests.
     Almost every aspect of their society deals with the death god. They are an arrogant people, believing their god has made them absolutely perfect, and the non-priestly people often argue about who is highest in his standing and who is most perfect among them. This arrogance give the race as a whole a disrespect for other races and their deities. The priests enforce equality, saying that their purpose is to worship their god and spread his path rather than argue amongst themselves.

Theme: Dark-elven death fanatics

History:
Their legend of the beginning of their race
     Atop a plateau by a river, a group of elves founded a city. Soon after its beginning, a strange being approached them. He had an aura that felt like death, and he called to them, "Be my servants in this world. If you follow my path, you will be perfected and shown the truth, for I am a god." Angry at this being for his claim, one of the elves attacked him, but the arrow just dissipated in shadow. The god morphed his body into a grotesque mockery of life, and chained him to the ground with a black metal. They called him Ruin in their language and renamed the city after him.

The Age of Ash
     When their city was utterly destroyed near the end of the Age of Glory, many groups left the plateau in self-imposed exile for failing their master, going their own ways and wandered, killing or converting all they met. Those who converted slowly became like the others in physical appearance, and were soon indistinguishable. The priests, Oracle, and some of the most loyal followers stayed behind to defend their "sacred" ground. They were utterly annihilated. Near the end of the Age of Ash, all of the groups felt the time had come to return to the plateau. The only things that remained were a tattered piece of cloth that had been the flag of the city, a five foot cube of the same dark rock that had formed the walls, and a mysterious chain of black metal, all from the being that calimed godship.
Reclaiming: For Ruin!
     They chose the leader of the largest group as the new Oracle, and picked some of the other leaders as the priests. Before the official appointment of the Oracle, he called out, "Many years ago the world pushed us from  this sacred place! We suffered by their hand, and they shall pay! This city was the jewel of our empire, and it so it shall be once more! For Ruin!" At this brief speech, the people were roused, and soon the work was done to build a temporary wooden settlement.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:36:36 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Atop a plateau by a river, a group of elves founded a city, when a strange being approached them. He had an aura that felt like death, and he called to them, "Be my servants in this world. If you follow my path, you will be perfected and shown the truth, for I am a god." One of the elves attacked him, only for the arrow to stop in mid-air and turn into shadow. The elf was grotesquely mutated and went truly insane. The death god chained the former elf, now a mockery of life, to the ground as a sign. The city was dedicated to their new master and they all worshipped him.
This bit's kinda screwy, but other than that it looks workable. Needs some more detail, though. What's their government and society like?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Atop a plateau by a river, a group of elves founded a city, when a strange being approached them. He had an aura that felt like death, and he called to them, "Be my servants in this world. If you follow my path, you will be perfected and shown the truth, for I am a god." One of the elves attacked him, only for the arrow to stop in mid-air and turn into shadow. The elf was grotesquely mutated and went truly insane. The death god chained the former elf, now a mockery of life, to the ground as a sign. The city was dedicated to their new master and they all worshipped him.
This bit's kinda screwy, but other than that it looks workable. Needs some more detail, though. What's their government and society like?
Screwy as in hard to follow, or screwy as in seriously messed up?
I'll edit stuff to include government and society.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Screwy as in hard to follow, or screwy as in seriously messed up?
Seriously messed up, and also that direct manifestations of deities are... extremely unusual, to say the least. It could be part of their mythic history, but I don't really want something like that as an actual historical event. You can still have the tormented dude, but he's secretly a series of condemned criminals twisted by the priest's magic and replaced when he starts getting close to death. And he's not there anymore, since the rituals involved have long since been lost.
I'll edit stuff to include government and society.
I suppose when you say the priests enforce equality you mean they enforce equality of everyone who's not a priest?
Also, I don't see much by way of societal change during their semi-nomadic period. If nothing else, where has the oracle been sequestered all these years?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Okay, so I'll make it say "their legends say that..."

And I was assuming the elves are the "quasi-immortal" kind, but i guess maybe the little spells they use take that away.

Yes, they enforce equality of non-priests
I'll add in the stuff about semi-nomadic period and stuff.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:36:54 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Elves. Bah.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Evil dark elves who're going to have troubles with certain puffs if they meet them.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46