Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46

Author Topic: Age of Restoration game discussion (Still one spot open!)  (Read 50755 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration game discussion (Full)
« Reply #435 on: June 21, 2009, 05:04:28 am »

I suppose that it wouldn't work. I really just need one wood by this turn.  :-\

We need to set embassies up for everyone!
Once I get a horsepuff (or possibly mountain goat rider),
I'll be sending units off to look for the other civilizations.
I propose that we all allow embassies to be built in our capital cities. There would be the following rules for our diplomatic corps.

- Each embassy staff may consist of no more than 20 guards (combat troops of any kind, including mages) and weaponry for those 20 chaps. There could then be up to 10 civillian diplomats.
There are six players here, so you can use one unit to be divided amongst the other five nations.

The zefie would be willing to enter into trade negotiations with any non-hostile country (once we found them). The puffs have relatively major qualms with dealing with aggressor nations though, so be advised. Obviously, attacking my scout units as they wander about would be instant war. And the zefies would be forced to use wave tactics at this point, and no one wants that.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 21, 2009, 06:55:41 am »

....The puffs have relatively major qualms with dealing with aggressor nations though, so be advised. Obviously, attacking my scout units as they wander about would be instant war. And the zefies would be forced to use wave tactics at this point, and no one wants that.
Why must you ruin the fun? Being an aggressor nation is fun! Wars in games are fun!

Wait, waves of Zefies armed with bows they can barely use? I've changed my mind, this next war may well be fun.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 21, 2009, 07:06:55 am »

It'd be a painful war, but I'd be confident that I'd win it.
I still outnumber you by a fair amount. Not to mention my huge population advantage (look at it this way, I had 10 labor units that I didn't know what to do with this turn).

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 21, 2009, 08:12:54 am »

Are Zefies flammable?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 21, 2009, 11:24:39 am »

Since the last time I made a zefie mod, no. However, that's not in their race profile (I was considering adding it in, but wanted to avoid a Mary Race), so I'd assume that they're as flammable as a person would be (which isn't much). Zefie architecture, meanwhile, is mostly stone (helped along by my meager forest area), so they're cities would be somewhat resistant, I guess. Nothing extraordinary.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:14:16 pm by Strife26 »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 21, 2009, 12:15:21 pm »

they're as flammable as a person would be (which isn't much).
Then this sounds like a problem I could solve with grenades, swords, and hammers.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 21, 2009, 12:38:33 pm »

The problem would be my mobilization efforts. Your troops are better than what I'm fielding right now, true. However, I'm not going to be attacking you. I've got a +10% everywhere, with more in the actual city. Plus, because it takes a turn to attack, I'll spend that turn mobilizing and fortifying. I'd pop up a fortress and start walling in my more important locations. Assuming that I get horse riding as well, I'd have my troops centered around a calvary unit with iron lances, iron armor, and wooden shields. You get might get lucky and wipe me out, but I don't think so.

Plus, we all have the problem of backstabs. I don't think any of us could take a two-front war right now.

If you don't wipe me out in one turn, then you get in a big problem. I can field a much larger army than you guys can (I've got lots of gold stored and the highest population). This would end up getting you into the problem of being forced to attack every turn. You couldn't let me turtle up tell I outnumber you (and modernize my forces). However, because I'm going to be on defense, I get an innate advantage. You could tie up my country, but defeating me would be tough.

Don't think that I want war right now. The zefies aren't belligerent, I'm just laying it down like I see it. It'd hurt my expansion plans to have to divert wood from settlement groups. I doubt that the morale bonus and anything that I'd get when I surround your city and demand terms would balance up.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 21, 2009, 12:56:27 pm »

I agree completely. In a one-on-one fight, the Zefies would win. I wonder how many players intend to be aggressors though. The Zefies cannot force the entire world to remain at peace.

they're as flammable as a person would be (which isn't much).
Then this sounds like a problem I could solve with grenades, swords, and hammers.
It's clearly a problem for magic to solve.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 21, 2009, 01:04:52 pm »

Zefies don't do magic. Like at all (although in some cases their fortresses become impervious to siege weapons). I have the advantage of defense though, for keeping a peaceful world. I don't think either of our aggressive types want to attack me right now, but as time goes on, my troops will get better. Then, provided I can depend on at least one of the more peace minded nations, I think that I can make a run at peace. I doubt it will work though. I expect war long before I get my 18 unit expeditionary army.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 21, 2009, 02:43:31 pm »

I'd assume that they're as flammable as a person would be
As flammable as a person made entirely from lint would be, sure.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 21, 2009, 03:13:34 pm »

I'd put it more like fur, personally. And, I can say with confidence, that fur doesn't burn nearly as well as lint.

It didn't involve starting a cat on fire. Really!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 21, 2009, 03:20:57 pm »

I'd put it more like fur, personally. And, I can say with confidence, that fur doesn't burn nearly as well as lint.

It didn't involve starting a cat on fire. Really!
Zefies are real creatures and he has a dozen in his basement to which he does unspeakable things.
Long Live United Forenia!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 21, 2009, 03:27:58 pm »

Zefies don't have any internal organs, they pretty much run on rule of cute/funny/cool/awesome.

I just got some cat fur and some fresh dryer lint; then burned them. The fur was surprisingly fire resistant. In both packed and non packed forms, I didn't get much more than sizzling. On the second trial in unpacked fur, there was some extended burning on the far outreaches.

Packed lint behaved similarly. Some of the outreaches burned, but that's it. The loose lint burned surprisingly long. The core remained untouched though.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 21, 2009, 03:32:35 pm »

Zefies don't have any internal organs, they pretty much run on rule of cute/funny/cool/awesome.

I just got some cat fur and some fresh dryer lint; then burned them. The fur was surprisingly fire resistant. In both packed and non packed forms, I didn't get much more than sizzling. On the second trial in unpacked fur, there was some extended burning on the far outreaches.

Packed lint behaved similarly. Some of the outreaches burned, but that's it. The loose lint burned surprisingly long. The core remained untouched though.

Yeah, but my fire grenades are basically napalm. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 21, 2009, 03:53:47 pm »

They're still limited by a lot of stuff. Range, difficult to use, prone to killing your own chaps, ineffective (won't do much against armor), collateral damage.
I prefer cold steel.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46