Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 391412 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #5160 on: October 13, 2010, 10:34:03 pm »

That would be funny  :D

They choose the pop by lighting some herbs on fire and watching the smoke? Sounds like controlled election.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: October 13, 2010, 10:51:12 pm »

How did this topic go from reincarnation to WH40k? Wait, here it is.
Oh just stop all of this discussion about gods and rebirth. There is and always will be only one true god.

NOW KNEEL FOR YOUR GOD-EMPEROR OR BE EXTERMINATED AS A HERETIC!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT KAGURODRAVEN!
Should I be proud or ashaimed that with a single joke I derailed a conversation?
40K is more interesting and less inflammatory anyways. Also kind of related to Atheists, on account of the Imperial god both existing, and being a militant atheist.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: October 13, 2010, 10:57:04 pm »

God is an atheist.
I can find no logical argument as to why this cannot be true.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: October 13, 2010, 11:10:14 pm »

Probably because what you said wasn't logical in itself.

Ø

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: October 13, 2010, 11:12:56 pm »

God is an atheist.
God doesn't believe in himself? Self esteem issues could explain the last few thousand years.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: October 13, 2010, 11:36:39 pm »

God is an atheist.
God doesn't believe in himself? Self esteem issues could explain the last few thousand years.
That would explain his massive commitment issues. I called multiple times but the bastard didn't answer.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: October 13, 2010, 11:54:39 pm »

-Adam and Eve were the first humans. Wouldn't that result in tons of incest?

-The entire planet's biosphere was reduced to pairs, and a family for humans. Would this not also result in even more incest?

-Mary was married to Joseph, so wouldn't that be adultery?

-A tree of forbidden knowledge, two gullible humans, and an evil snake. Why combine any of these things?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ø

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: October 13, 2010, 11:56:59 pm »

God is an atheist.
That would explain his massive commitment issues. I called multiple times but the bastard didn't answer.
Well he used to be all about commitment. Now he seems afraid of commitment. I wonder what could have broke him so badly. Probably all the stress.

-The entire planet's biosphere was reduced to pairs, and a family for humans. Would this not also result in even more incest?

I thought the "thou shalt not" on those came significantly later? Heh "If I see you inbreed one more time I swear..."

-A tree of forbidden knowledge, two gullible humans, and an evil snake. Why combine any of these things?
A great formula for shits and giggles and the damnation of souls.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #5168 on: October 14, 2010, 12:54:01 am »

These kinds of things are why I'm not Christian anymore. My mom taught me that Adam and Eve didn't exist when I was Christian anyway, that they were a metaphor or something. Even with evolution, this would happen. You would need a lot of people created all at once to avoid this. At what point is it not incest anyway? First cousins are out, but what about third or even second cousins? It's kind of a fine line there.

So anybody else a believer in "theistic evolution"?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: October 14, 2010, 12:58:09 am »

You mean, like, God planned this universe (from its beginnings, starting with the big bang; that is if that theory's still vogue) out beforehand and then sorta interfered only occasionally after that?

I do, I think. That he doesn't interfere because we have free will to do what we please and to coddle us would take that away. That evolution is valid and real and science is correct and you should listen to it, but God was there at the very start before everything came into being.

I guess this is silly? It doesn't matter, faith is personal and shouldn't influence your arguments except on topics about faith.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #5170 on: October 14, 2010, 01:13:19 am »

My personal belief is more like god(s) exist, but the god(s) didn't really do anything to interfere at all. If evolution turns out to be false, then whatever, it doesn't affect my beliefs. Humans are just another animal, they weren't "planned for", things like that.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: October 14, 2010, 02:23:03 am »

But if God created the universe and everything has been running independently since, wouldn't the very concept have become meaningless the instant anything existed?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: October 14, 2010, 02:25:55 am »

I thought the "thou shalt not" on those came significantly later? Heh "If I see you inbreed one more time I swear..."

"Should have thought that BEFORE killing off all other human females"
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: October 14, 2010, 02:27:24 am »

But if God created the universe and everything has been running independently since, wouldn't the very concept have become meaningless the instant anything existed?

Maybe God's the kind of guy who likes model trains?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: October 14, 2010, 02:28:24 am »

Maybe God's the kind of guy who likes model trains?
No he doesn't
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 370