Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 391959 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #4740 on: October 02, 2010, 08:40:27 pm »

What. Have. You. Done.

Seriously, Chick is just a flame war waiting to happen. We shouldn't bring him into this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: October 02, 2010, 08:42:58 pm »

Are you kidding? Chick has no one on his side. If anything, he should be the least volatile topic in the thread.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: October 02, 2010, 08:44:06 pm »

Chick has no one on his side.

Yes. Yes he does. Perhaps not on this forum, but that's a risk I'd rather not take.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: October 02, 2010, 08:46:33 pm »

JACK CHICK IS A GOD AMONG MEN.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: October 02, 2010, 08:49:54 pm »

Chick has no one on his side.

Yes. Yes he does. Perhaps not on this forum, but that's a risk I'd rather not take.

That denomination is small enough that I really, really doubt it'll be an issue. It's hard to imagine the sort of person who'd agree with Jack Chick, but I can tell you right now that they sure as hell wouldn't be on a forum like this one. Dwarf Fortress is probably a sin akin to child murder in their eyes.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: October 02, 2010, 08:51:03 pm »

JACK CHICK IS A GOD AMONG MEN.
JACK CHICK IS A MAN AMONG PEOPLE.

You know, I'm tempted to sig that, just for the hilarity of the non-context-iness.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: October 02, 2010, 08:58:14 pm »

Could you imagine the flame war that would ignite if we got Jack Chick, Jack Thompson, and the Westboro Baptist Church on this site?

The carnage would be horrendous. That, or Toady would ban us all. Or all of them, hopefully.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: October 02, 2010, 08:59:31 pm »

That would be beautiful.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: October 02, 2010, 09:06:23 pm »

The sky itself would darken, as a thousand hungry trolls decended unto us, cruching all in their wake; leaving nothing but ash and the shattered lives of their victims, still bleeding, and begging for a death that would be far in coming.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: October 02, 2010, 09:53:04 pm »

I have a confession.

I'm... I'm Fred Phelps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: October 02, 2010, 09:55:49 pm »

No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: October 02, 2010, 09:58:28 pm »

Well, that certainly puts a new twist on the whole affair. Shocking swerve!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: October 02, 2010, 10:24:40 pm »

Shocking impact!

Shocking Airbag activation!

Shocking Swearing!

Shocking Insurance Claims!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:28:08 pm by Realmfighter »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: October 03, 2010, 04:18:05 am »

In other news, I finally figured out what "anagogic" means. I think that it implies trying to define something you don't wholly know what it is through partial analogies. Sort of like the fable of the blind men and the elephant.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: October 03, 2010, 06:11:36 am »

Chick tracts are completely futile if you start from the premise "There is no God".
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 370