Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 391466 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #4515 on: September 29, 2010, 07:05:48 pm »

Wow, um, apparently I missed a large quantity of intelligent discourse. Ah, well, maybe next time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: September 29, 2010, 07:10:13 pm »

Okay, seriously, what was that last sentence for?
A joke, therefore: the winky ;) He said you should only become atheist if you have proof, but there's no proof for atheism (or theism, for that matter). I found that funny.

At first I thought, hey, I missed another joke but that's so incredibly, blatantly not true that I think you're just falling back on the "I was just joking" escape, because he didn't say that. He didn't say that and your previous response to him indicates that you knew that. You said:
I also had to laugh at "if you're going to convert an Atheist, you'd better bring proof", because there is no proof that there is no God (there's occams razor and other logic, but not "proof") ;)
Which means that you understood that what he said was that:
if you're going to convert an Atheist, you'd better bring proof
not:
you should only become atheist if you have proof
Because that's not what he said at all. In fact, his entire sharpie post indicates to me that the reason for no longer believing in God was not proof that there was none but overwhelming lack of proof that there was, and a deep interest in finding out what was right scientifically (which is admirable, incidentally). And then you responded to his question in a manner that makes it pretty obvious you knew what he was saying. So, uh, yeah, I'm calling bullshit. Either you're totally blind to both his argument and yours or you realized you messed up and you're trying to pull damage control by pretending you were joking.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:11:59 pm by Jackrabbit »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: September 29, 2010, 08:03:31 pm »

That sentence makes no logical sense and flatly contradicts itself, so... forever?
Exactly
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:14:35 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: September 29, 2010, 08:16:40 pm »

Aw, you don't mean me.

Sad face.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: September 29, 2010, 08:17:21 pm »

Okay, seriously, what was that last sentence for?
A joke, therefore: the winky ;) He said you should only become atheist if you have proof, but there's no proof for atheism (or theism, for that matter). I found that funny.

At first I thought, hey, I missed another joke but that's so incredibly, blatantly not true that I think you're just falling back on the "I was just joking" escape, because he didn't say that. He didn't say that and your previous response to him indicates that you knew that. You said:
I also had to laugh at "if you're going to convert an Atheist, you'd better bring proof", because there is no proof that there is no God (there's occams razor and other logic, but not "proof") ;)
Which means that you understood that what he said was that:
if you're going to convert an Atheist, you'd better bring proof
not:
you should only become atheist if you have proof
Because that's not what he said at all. In fact, his entire sharpie post indicates to me that the reason for no longer believing in God was not proof that there was none but overwhelming lack of proof that there was, and a deep interest in finding out what was right scientifically (which is admirable, incidentally). And then you responded to his question in a manner that makes it pretty obvious you knew what he was saying. So, uh, yeah, I'm calling bullshit. Either you're totally blind to both his argument and yours or you realized you messed up and you're trying to pull damage control by pretending you were joking.

Exactly
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: September 29, 2010, 08:33:47 pm »

Who needs proof? I got probability, and God seems awfully unlikely.
When evaluated from a neutral disposition.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: September 29, 2010, 09:16:28 pm »

The viewpoint that all ideas are not equally valid, is valid according to the viewpoint that all ideas are equally valid.

The same can't be said for the viewpoint that all ideas are equally valid.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: September 29, 2010, 09:17:15 pm »

I don't believe in Atheism! I believe in Tautology!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: September 29, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »

I don't believe in Atheism! I believe in Tautology!
Hail!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: September 29, 2010, 09:30:36 pm »

I believe this thread needs to die
>_>
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: September 29, 2010, 09:32:36 pm »

I believe this thread needs to die
>_>
That was quite a while ago. its now undead tautological cheese
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: September 29, 2010, 10:10:05 pm »

I am the man who arranges the cheese...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: September 29, 2010, 10:25:41 pm »

I AM THE MAN WHO ARRANGES THE CHEESE!
Fixed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: September 29, 2010, 10:27:15 pm »

I proudly proclaim my belief in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.
I logically know that it is invisible, because I cannot see it, but I also have faith that it is pink.
 ;)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: September 29, 2010, 10:27:29 pm »

They come down and I spin them around so I can argue about where they came from
I proudly proclaim my belief in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.
I logically know that it is invisible, because I cannot see it, but I also have faith that it is pink.
 ;)

Oh, hello again attempt at provoking intelligent debate with tired rhetoric. I missed you.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 370