Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 391524 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #4335 on: September 27, 2010, 10:32:41 am »

Also, do you guys eat any sheep's milk? Or any other non-milk-or-goat milk? The hungarians got a really tasty cheese made of sheep's milk cold Yuturo or something.
I haven't had non-cow's milk 'raw', ever, that I recall.  With the possible exception of the maternal stuff, but that was a number of decades ago, and I've no memory of it.  (It may also have been before the "breast is best" revival.)

But when it comes to cheese I've definitely had several types that came from sheep, and actually admit that I forgot that a favourite French cheese is basically "Le Petite Chevre"-branded goat's cheese.  Not sure if that's the actual, proper name or just the labelling.  At the point I'm most involved in it, the details of the label are quite secondary to the consuming.

Oh, and I forgot Gouda (which I do like to try to pronounce correctly).  I had some authentic Gouda the other day, but I'd not really bought enough of it to do it justcice.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: September 27, 2010, 10:33:51 am »

Well, we say Chčvre for both the animal and the cheese.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: September 27, 2010, 10:36:37 am »

Bah. For me, it's Mozarella all the way.

Mozarella+tomatoes+olive oil+garlic+rucola or basil on a platter, with fresh bread.
Omnomnomnomnom!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: September 27, 2010, 10:39:01 am »

Toasted bread rubbed with garlic is better. with Mozzarella. And black pepper.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: September 27, 2010, 10:39:27 am »

Bah. For me, it's Mozarella all the way.

Steak+steak+steak+steak+fried onions+bacon+sausage+chilli sauce+bread
Omnomnomnomnom!

Fixed something for ya'.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:43:37 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: September 27, 2010, 10:41:08 am »

Before becoming a vegetarian, I had a great recipe of cooking a steak, then bake it with mozzarella on top and fresh-fried bacon. Molten cheese FTW.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: September 27, 2010, 10:55:34 am »

I really like Blue Cheese. I once went to a japanese sushi bar and got a fusion kind of roll that had blue cheese flambeed over it. Really good.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: September 27, 2010, 10:57:18 am »

Japanese? Blue cheese? I don't now in which country you live sir, but our Japanese are much different from yours.

P.S. I don't like to brag... Well, I like to brag, and you notice how epicly I re-railed that topic toward cheese?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: September 27, 2010, 11:03:36 am »

Japanese? Blue cheese? I don't now in which country you live sir, but our Japanese are much different from yours.

P.S. I don't like to brag... Well, I like to brag, and you notice how epicly I re-railed that topic toward cheese?

Do you know what fusion means?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: September 27, 2010, 11:10:16 am »

Well, we say Chčvre for both the animal and the cheese.
I think I knew that (certainly that Chevre[1] was goat, though mon fraincais est tres rouille, in general) although with a cheese branded here in the UK with the name "The Laughing Cow"[2], I was wondering if it might be more than just a description.

[1] With apologies for not adding the accents.  Even if I can remember where and what they were, only the acute accents are easy to put in from a UK keyboard (Ctrl-Alt-[vowel], or Ctrl-Alt-Shift-[vowel] for the uppercase version) and alternate notations (a/, e\, i^) look clumsy.  And most of the time I'm worrying about Le or La, etc.  Also fu"r Deutsche, mit(/bei?) "die", "der" und "das".  Ist nicht sur gu"t, ich kennen.  My Welsh is most from signs (Canal Y Drev, 300 Llath, Ysgol, Ysbyty, Llanfairpwchgwyngychgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch[1.5], Dynion/Merched, "Bws Stop", that sort of thing...) although I know I'd have a similar problem with the mutations...
[1.5] Entirely from memory, and typos a possibility...
[2] "La vache qui rit" en La France, ne c'est pas?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: September 27, 2010, 11:15:41 am »

YEah right.

And I know what fusion is. But no Japanese in his right mind would do fusion with cheese.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: September 27, 2010, 11:17:41 am »

But no Japanese in his right mind would--

No matter what you end that sentence with, it would still be wrong.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: September 27, 2010, 11:40:44 am »

I have a strange fascination with cheese slices. They are nothing like ordinary cheese, but they're delicious anyway.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: September 27, 2010, 11:50:48 am »

I have a strange fascination with cheese slices. They are nothing like ordinary cheese, but they're delicious anyway.
If I make a burger-like thing[1] and have had cheese slices to change it into a cheeseburger-like thing, I will tend to put cheese either side of the burger (and between them, if multi-stacking) but before that even gets to my mouth I seem to have managed to extricate at least one more slice and slurped it up.

I put it down the the saltiness and naturally-high surface area.  Or apparent saltiness, increased by said surface-area.  Despite aiming for connoisseurish tendencies with regards to the very best fromages, I still have the very same weakness for the processed stuff.

So I know where you're coming from.

[1] Beef/hamburger, pork-chop, quorn-esque direct meat substitute or vegi/bean/chilli-burger.  Just basically something I've grilled or fried and stuck between two slices of lightly toasted malt-grain bread (for preference...)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: September 27, 2010, 12:41:13 pm »

Processed cheese is evil!

Well, except in sauces, when its superior melting qualities make it a good way to help incorporate real cheese.

We need some sort of cheese holy war.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 370