Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 391607 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #4275 on: September 25, 2010, 11:06:07 am »

I can't believe I agree with Il Palazzo on anything. But In this case yes. Read the thread, the whole thing, before you start flinging poo at each other again.
!!&!!

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: September 25, 2010, 11:18:35 am »

Just when you think the thread is dead, it shows up in your unread replies section again.... *sigh*
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: September 25, 2010, 11:21:33 am »

Welcome back to the party everyone.  We have cake, punch, and napkins with one-liners for you all to read... Unfortunately, there are only a few and we'll just have to read them over and over again.

Also, don't spill your punch on the rugs please.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dinosaur thread
« Reply #4278 on: September 25, 2010, 11:26:59 am »

So I think that a major problem when trying to have ninjas fight dinosaurs is elevation and brain size. The key to combat for a ninja is to just up and behead your enemy in as few strikes as you can, usually one given that they will surprise you. The problem is, dinosaurs aren't smart enough to be surprised. Since they can't really formulate ideas of what to expect in a situation, so the ninja is fair game instantly, without the delay of "holy fuck a ninja!" crossing the mind. Also, ninjas are great at leaping, no doubt. But are they great enough to even get to most dinosaurs neck level? I don't quite think so, which means that their primary mode of attack is taken away.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: September 25, 2010, 11:31:38 am »

Ninja's will just teleport and cut the dinosaurs head off inside the body.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: September 25, 2010, 11:33:16 am »

I don't quite think so, which means that their primary mode of attack is taken away.
I thought their primary mode of attack was to slash with a katana, which is made of steel folded ten thousand times and beats european knight anytime.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: September 25, 2010, 11:34:30 am »

Two issues though: A), is there enough room to get the leverage to swing the sword, given that the dinosaur flesh would be enclosing them, and B) is there enough oxygen present that they can make enough room via squirming and such?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: September 25, 2010, 11:35:23 am »

Two issues though: A), is there enough room to get the leverage to swing the sword, given that the dinosaur flesh would be enclosing them, and B) is there enough oxygen present that they can make enough room via squirming and such?
Ninja's are so awesome that the insides of the dinosaur will MAKE room FOR the ninja.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: September 25, 2010, 11:46:44 am »

LEAFSNAIL: you're thinking of "Bible Thumpers"
That'd be the American version of the phrase.

I wish there was a rule concerning this thread: You shall not post an idea that has been already posted here.
C'mon people, it's just 280-ish pages, you can read that.
The same would have to apply everywhere.  For instance, can you be absolutely sure that in 1439 pages noone else has ever been happy due to having a new girlfriend?

Incidentally, hasn't that idea been expressed hundreds of times on this very thread?  I mean, it's weirdly self defeating :P.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: September 25, 2010, 11:50:52 am »

I don't quite think so, which means that their primary mode of attack is taken away.
I thought their primary mode of attack was to slash with a katana, which is made of steel folded ten thousand times and beats european knight anytime.
Not sure if you are serious, but most are only folded ~20 times.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: September 25, 2010, 11:52:36 am »

Andir, can you provide any documentation which proves that the mighty katana, the best sword ever made and wielded by gods due to superior japanese steel was not folded seventeen million times in the womb of a volcano?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: September 25, 2010, 11:53:57 am »

I believe we've got a katana denier there, don't you reckon so, sonerohi?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: September 25, 2010, 11:55:32 am »

I do rightly reckon so Missa' Palazzo. See, 'round these hyeah parts katanas are the law.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: September 25, 2010, 12:03:50 pm »

Assumptions:
ninja > knight (obviously)
dragon > dinosaur (dragons are basicly more intelligent, fire breathing versions of dinos)
Knights are known for slaying dragons, and thus knight is also > dragon
Assertion:
ninja > dinosaur
Proof:
ninja > knight and
knight > dragon, thus ninja > dragon
Since ninja > dragon and dragon > dinosaur, ninja is also > dinosaur.

And there you have it: a mathematical proof that shows without a doubt that ninjas > dinosaurs and would win in a fight.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: September 25, 2010, 12:08:22 pm »

Ha! I can see a fault in your reasoning there, mr.alway:
ninjas > dinosaurs
You substituted mutliple ninjas for a ninja there, completely forgetting about the law of conservation of ninjitsu.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 370