Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 392058 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #4080 on: May 16, 2010, 12:46:00 am »

Which, despite my previous anger about it, I find really, really funny. This thread is like a sinkhole. All the previous arguments have been lost to its depths. And then lost to its depths again. And again.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: May 16, 2010, 12:54:35 am »

Nonsense...How many times have you said that, and then a new topic that has not been discussed popped up? For instance.

I just googled atheist backwards, "tsiehta", and found many amusing websites. Omg the conspiracy theories are flowing out my head.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: May 16, 2010, 12:55:42 am »

How do you know that the topic has not already been discussed? Unless you actually read the whole thread, you can't. That's the point.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: May 16, 2010, 01:11:45 am »

Search function???

How do you know all these topics have already been discussed?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: May 16, 2010, 01:15:13 am »

I don't. That's the whole point; I'm willing to bet nobody does. I mean, you try and use the search function, that thing is a bastard.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: May 16, 2010, 01:15:38 am »

Because we've been in the thread for a long time, Micro.

It's the same thing over and over. This isn't even the first time I've had this conversation in this thread, which is pretty hilarious. It's like we're trapped in an infinite loop, and we know we're trapped, but we keep doing it anyway.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: May 16, 2010, 01:17:04 am »

We can never escape. It's also like stairs, in a way. You were warned about stairs, bro, but you keep falling down them.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: May 16, 2010, 01:18:47 am »

Except that you eventually hit the bottom of the stairs and break your neck, and this will never die, because somebody is bound to interrupt this discussion with a direct reply to post number one that they think is ingenious and will end the discussion but is really just conjecture and opinion, thus starting it up again.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: May 16, 2010, 01:19:54 am »

Yeah, but that just mucks up my awesome SBaHJ reference.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: May 16, 2010, 01:20:42 am »

Then please go through the entire thread and show me these "exactly the same" posts. Either that or stop saying they exist without trying to give any pr-.............................................................................ZOMG.

lol that was a fun realization. Anyway it would be easier for you to link to these previously said things then for me to look through the entire thread and try to prove to you that I looked through it and found no mentioning of "tsiehta".

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: May 16, 2010, 01:22:34 am »

Like I said. Infinite loop, no way to stop it outside of stopping altogether. And that won't happen.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: May 16, 2010, 01:36:23 am »

lol that was a fun realization. Anyway it would be easier for you to link to these previously said things then for me to look through the entire thread and try to prove to you that I looked through it and found no mentioning of "tsiehta".

It would be easier for you if I searched through the entire thread and you didn't have to, yeah. I had to search my own posts to find some cases in the past where I brought up the same thing. The third quote is last month when some one-off person gravedug the thread two weeks after it almost died. Does anything he says look familiar?

I wonder why I've never heard the question : do I want to follow this god.

Because you haven't read any of the posts in this thread.

Hi, welcome to every page on this thread. We are very glad that you offered us a new redrudging of everything that has been said before. Your ability to repeat the same 'checkmate' logic where there can only be one conclusion to every statement you bring forward, while ignoring previous points and comments which debate those conclusions, is very refreshing. Glad to have you on the board.

The reasoning that a deity might be unwilling to prevent evil has been heavily discussed, and it is apparent that, at the very least, malevolence is not the only possible conclusion.

[Some stuff where I make the mistake of actually joining into the conversation, as I will again one day.]

A) Ampersand just won. At life.
B) He is completely wrong in every way. Ever.

C) (also referred to as "flying inevitable-return-to-the-topic-at-hand of the yard") :

It seems to me that the traditional christian interpretation of God falls apart when you attempt to counterbalance omnibenevolence and forgiveness versus the concept of Divine Justice (sinners --> hell) and the observed phenomena of human suffering.

How can God permit sinners to suffer for eternity if He supposedly forgives? And if He permits such suffering among the innocent, then that would make God... well, a bit of a jerk (read: NOT omnibenevolent)

Consider my two cents in the debate.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: May 16, 2010, 01:50:35 am »

Well that's good, now that you have heard everything this thread has to offer, you can now leave it alone and not look at it anymore right? And thereby not adding more to the repetitiveness with your "everything is repeating but me saying this won't change it" every 3 pages...

Back to atheist backwards.
I just googled atheist backwards, "tsiehta", and found many amusing websites. Omg the conspiracy theories are flowing out my head.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: May 16, 2010, 01:52:12 am »

It's a shame that Neruz had to be sacrificed to the sake of this thread.

Countrymen and women, I hope that you learn from his example, and put aside your differences, embracing each other with open arms!
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4094 on: May 16, 2010, 02:26:42 am »

It's a shame that Neruz had to be sacrificed to the sake of this thread.

Countrymen and women, I hope that you learn from his example, and put aside your differences, embracing each other with open arms!
Of course.

Its much easier to stab them in the back that way.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 370