Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 392446 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #3585 on: April 27, 2010, 03:26:15 pm »

*checks teh interwebs*

... Indeed we are. Thanks for that tidbit of knowledge!
Then the insult must have been "poo flinging", which is, when taken figuratively, applicable to most human beings as well.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: April 27, 2010, 08:41:16 pm »

So, you basically keep your own religion by selecting your favourite excerpts from everything you hear a wide variety of people say in reference to Christianity?

This is how many religions are born. Maybe we will see Siquoism one day  :D

Perish the thought.

Anyone know how to remove a topic from subscription so it doesn't show up in the 'show new replies to your posts' thing? As apparantly the warning i recieved late last year for posting a picture of hitler, the warning for posting a large image of a cat and the warning for calling Siquo a monkey stacked up into a 3 day mute, i'd rather not risk further punishment now that i know that warnings are dealt with on a per-thread basis rather than a context basis, and the best way to do that would be to remove this thread from showing up in 'show new replies to your posts'.
You can't remove it from there unfortunately... there are a few threads I'd like to unwatch and the other method of subscribing using the notify emails is more annoying.

Bugger.

the warning for calling Siquo a monkey

You got reported for that?! And it was an ape, mot a monkey, as I recall, which is 99% the same DNA as us, so there's hardly an insult there.
I think only the person that was actually insulted should be able to make a report.

Actually it was a chimpanzee, and i also accused you of flinging poo around your cage.

And yes, i got reported for it. There's a few people on these forums who are, i think, a little overzealous. When i was still posting the logs for the bi-weekly DnD game i'm running in another thread, one of my players was reported for saying something racist (i think) in the chat log, forcing me to stop posting them.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:43:19 pm by Neruz »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 27, 2010, 09:32:30 pm »

Well, calling people names in the first place is definately not a good idea on the forums. This is supposed to be a clash of ideas, not a clash of personalities.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 27, 2010, 10:16:41 pm »

I never said i was right in calling Ksathra a chimpanzee, just that i think being warned for it was a bit of an overreaction.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:44 pm »

Well, to formalise the new subject. Is it appropriate to worship the forum moderators?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3590 on: April 27, 2010, 11:03:37 pm »

Well, to formalise the new subject. Is it appropriate to worship the forum moderators?
Is it appropriate to worship anything?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: April 27, 2010, 11:22:15 pm »

Well, they are apparently real, they hold the power of life and death over your forum presence, they apparently created this forum, and can shape the world(posts, threads...) the suit their whims. They also accept donations and provide hope for the future. There is the foretold day of 1.0, when the righteous shall receive the ultimate reward. The sacred book of development and the teaching's of Threetoe's Stories. Should I mention that they each have their own sphere's of influence...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: April 27, 2010, 11:35:25 pm »

Well, I for one reject the existence of these so called "forum mods" and certainly deny their apparent realness.  It's more likely that I am a divine unicorn.  I can't believe any of you believe in these guys, yes, they may be possible, but certainly not probable.  Let me guess, you read some sort of holy post on these forums indicating they exist, and now you believe it?  IF FORUM MODS EXIST, STRIKE ME DOWN WHERE I STAND!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: April 27, 2010, 11:39:25 pm »

But where would DF have come from if not from the Mods? And I highly doubt that they would ban you simply because you asked them to...
Read the First Post!

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: April 27, 2010, 11:56:04 pm »

I am just a simulation, so they couldn't ban me anyway.

DF was just always here, we simply discovered it.  It spontaneously formed in someone's basement.  Everyone, it's time to move on from our belief in the forum mods.  It's destructive.  It's possible there will be those that claim to be a forum mod.  These are merely delusions of grandeur - do not believe them.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: April 28, 2010, 12:05:35 am »

But they can prove their power by modifying posts!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: April 28, 2010, 02:07:32 am »

Can't I to modify my post, Neruz? Does this make me a mod?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: April 28, 2010, 02:09:20 am »

No, because you can only modify your own posts.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: April 28, 2010, 02:12:17 am »

I see. Aren't you just moving the goal post now?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: April 28, 2010, 03:02:12 am »

IF FORUM MODS EXIST, STRIKE ME DOWN WHERE I STAND!
I've never been tempted to press the "report" button, until now ;)

I didn't though, I'd rather have military training fixed.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 370