Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 391945 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #4710 on: October 01, 2010, 10:16:24 pm »

This thread is either about Rome Total War, Cheese, or Ninjas. I forget.

Vanilla R:TW had overpowered Roman ninja battalions.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: October 01, 2010, 10:18:26 pm »

Did they throw cheese Fuma Shurikens?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: October 01, 2010, 10:23:18 pm »

They can throw anything you want, baby.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: October 01, 2010, 10:23:45 pm »

This thread is either about Rome Total War, Cheese, or Ninjas. I forget.

Vanilla R:TW had overpowered Roman ninja battalions.
And flaming war pigs!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: October 01, 2010, 10:28:51 pm »

I'm new to this thread and what is this.
Seriously, 3xx pages? You must've tossed every straw man there is into this one.

So what's up in this topic? Where's the discussion stranded ATM?

And a snippet: Actual belief in any manner of deity supposed to interact with the physical world is either delusional or highly unreasonable.
Reason was the last thing to be discussed actually... but yes, all but the past 10(?) pages have actually been everything from scale of grasp, feasibility of onmi_____, the logical, the rational, the irrational, the reasonable, and unreasonable... cheese, ninjas, robots, and dinosaurs are recent (because I have a feeling some people want this thread closed [because it is huge and nobody's going to read it] opposed to letting people ask questions [which most likely have already been discussed ad nauseum.])
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: October 01, 2010, 11:37:08 pm »

It's a good thread.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: October 02, 2010, 12:18:51 am »

People shouldn't hate that other people ask questions that have already been asked. Just makes us look smarter when we answer them.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: October 02, 2010, 05:07:16 am »

Also, *every* board needs an atheism discussion.

...so I can feel at home  :D
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: October 02, 2010, 05:10:32 am »

Also, *every* board needs an atheism discussion.

...so I can feel at home So that Trolls have easy targets and ignore everyone else. :D
fixxed that for you.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: October 02, 2010, 08:27:21 am »

People shouldn't hate that other people ask questions that have already been asked. Just makes us look smarter when we answer them.

The thing about that, though, is that there is a search bar. People should use it. The fact that they don't is considerably irritating. It's fun to answer the first or maybe even second time it's been asked...but without derails we'd be up to probably 5 or 6 by now. Look at the Religion and Spirituality section of Yahoo! Answers (yeah, I know, lol, that's why I stopped going there) for what that looks like unchecked.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: October 02, 2010, 08:36:45 am »

On the contrary, as far as I'm aware it's essentially impossible to search a single thread in SMF. Even if you search for something extremely specific there's a good chance the forum will just give you a single result per thread (yes, even if you've told it to list individual posts and not threads) even if exactly the same thing comes up over and over.

I suppose you could do it with Google-fu, but I doubt anyone's motivated enough to bother (even if it does just mean pasting a URL in the search bar).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: October 02, 2010, 08:56:57 am »

Plus, unless you've read all 315 pages, you can't really complain about other people doing the same.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: October 02, 2010, 09:05:53 am »

You can search a single thread as long as you input the search while in that thread. The same goes for indivdual subforums.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 09:08:24 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: October 02, 2010, 09:07:13 am »

The thing about that, though, is that there is a search bar. People should use it. The fact that they don't is considerably irritating. It's fun to answer the first or maybe even second time it's been asked...but without derails we'd be up to probably 5 or 6 by now. Look at the Religion and Spirituality section of Yahoo! Answers (yeah, I know, lol, that's why I stopped going there) for what that looks like unchecked.

Lol, I rather dislike the "please use the search" idea. Some people do use search, reply to an old topic, then get flamed for gravedigging. And in a hot topic like this, you'll almost never be pleased with the responses. People love to dodge the question or give some dumb metaphor, so you end up asking the same thing again to get a straight answer.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: October 02, 2010, 09:21:59 am »

See, I would be okay with, "This question was asked earlier, but I didn't get a quality answer, so I'm asking again: ..." This shows that a) you've taken the time to see if your question was actually asked, and b) that you actually care if the question gets answered or not.

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 370