Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 391818 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #4650 on: September 30, 2010, 09:27:21 pm »

GOT IT

Taken maybe one or two turns before his death, right after conquering Asia Minor.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:42:05 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: September 30, 2010, 09:34:44 pm »

Alright, at least two of those have to contradict one another. There is no freaking way they could all match up well.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: September 30, 2010, 09:37:14 pm »

I used to play EB a fucking lot, not much anymore since the UI looks terrible on Widescreen. 

I was really house rule based, like I couldn't fill my army with elites, elites could only be a small portion of the army and I could have at most 3-4 rangers. 

When I played Romans, I could only use a full stack army for a Consular army and said consular army could only be utilized in emergencies. For standard invasions I could only use a half stack army and it had to compose it a certain way...

If I remember right,  1 General, 1 Cavalry, 2 Hastati, 2 Principes, 1 Triarii,  3 Allied units.

Shade-O, Ground archers are the counter to horse archers I believe, Put them in spread out mode, but its mainly a expend cheap troops at the same rate as you expend their expensive troops.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: September 30, 2010, 09:39:34 pm »

Alright, at least two of those have to contradict one another. There is no freaking way they could all match up well.

I'll bite: What contradicts what?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: September 30, 2010, 09:45:31 pm »

Who doesn't have trouble with the horse peoples?
My rule:  Don't have horse archers?  Stay the fuck away from the steppe.
Corollary:  Kiss their ass so they'll stay there.

You're right!  One of these doesn't belong...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: September 30, 2010, 09:47:12 pm »

I'll bite: What contradicts what?
I don't know! At first glance, they all seem to be fine, although I doubt a womanizing warmonger would be a liberal governor with rational beliefs.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: September 30, 2010, 09:48:55 pm »

Humane Ruler + Exterminator?

Selfish but he's open handed (Open handed meaning he's generous I assume)

Oh yes and he's spartan but very wealthy...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:52:56 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: September 30, 2010, 09:50:01 pm »

Humane Ruler/Exterminator: Well, he's not their ruler when he bursts into the city and burns it to the ground.

Wealthy/Spartan: He lives a utilitarian lifestyle, so he doesn't eat gold-flaked quails or ride around on a solid gold throne. However, he could.

Rational/Religious: He believes in the gods, but he doesn't base his actions on prayer, sacrifices, oracles, etc. There is a trait for Atheism, but he hasn't got it.

Selfish/Open Handed: He's a jerk, but he's smart enough to know that treating his people well will get him a lot further.

Womanising Warmonger/Liberal Governor: He loves women. He loves battle. He loves his people. /tear
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:15:36 pm by Shade-o »

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: September 30, 2010, 09:53:21 pm »

I still remember the first time I raided the Bosporus and sacked Nikaea.  My general got the Kinslayer tag.  So I sacked Byzantium, too.  You know, for symmetry.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: September 30, 2010, 09:58:35 pm »

Looks like a cool game. Is it free? does it have live wars or one of those calculated battles?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: September 30, 2010, 10:01:10 pm »

It's a mod for Rome: Total War, which should be pretty cheap nowadays. It's free, but it's quite a large download. You can resolve battles with an auto-calc, or by manually commanding it in real-time.

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: September 30, 2010, 10:02:18 pm »

The strategy map is turn based a la Civilization but the battles are real time with regiments composed of tens or hundreds of soldiers and thousands of units on the map.  It's ridiculously well researched and has got to be the deepest realism mod I've seen.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: September 30, 2010, 10:04:56 pm »

Fun Fact: A version of ice cream was available to the weathiest of Romans. Very fast slaves would run ice down from the mountains before it melted to make it. It was perhaps the most exclusive of luxury items when it came to food.
No Gods, No Masters.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: September 30, 2010, 10:11:24 pm »

......Isn't ice cream made from milk? Not ice?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: September 30, 2010, 10:12:15 pm »

Yes, but cold tempatures are required. Like the kind provided by ice.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 370