Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 391322 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #4410 on: September 28, 2010, 10:55:31 am »

If he does he is a massive dick. (Not literally)
Now, how can you be sure of that?  There's a reason people elevate the penis in society.  Obviously, it's because the penis was modeled after the creator.  Also, how do you explain that the natural birthing(procreation) process requires that organ in some manner.  It's not by accident!
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: September 28, 2010, 11:00:54 am »

I've known a number of procreations that have been entirely by accident...  Although most of them considered happy ones, at that.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: September 28, 2010, 01:07:31 pm »

If he does he is a massive dick. (Not literally)
Obviously, it's because the penis was modeled after the creator. 
Oh wow, the mental image that gave me is amazingly hillarious. A giant dick giving orders from the top of a cloud to the people down below.
"I AM YOUR GOD, KNEEL BEFORE ME." *snickering from down below* "DAMNIT, STOP GIGGLING!!!!!" *smite* *smite*

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: September 28, 2010, 01:39:15 pm »

Smite with white lightning? *snicker*

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #4414 on: September 28, 2010, 03:12:46 pm »

ehm...

that woman that was turned into a salt pillar... maybe it was more like hit by a salty pillar.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: September 28, 2010, 03:58:34 pm »

Let's end this before someone starts wondering where the great flood came from...

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: September 28, 2010, 04:00:23 pm »

I was an atheist for a while when I was an angsty teenager but to be honest that got boring and I acted stupid, plus the Christians I know are really nice people, so I stopped. God might not exist, but I like the feeling of being a Catholic, belonging to a group. Our cathedrals are so fucking awesome compared to those shitty little churches the other Christians have.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: September 28, 2010, 04:07:45 pm »

I was an atheist for a while when I was an angsty teenager but to be honest that got boring and I acted stupid, plus the Christians I know are really nice people, so I stopped. God might not exist, but I like the feeling of being a Catholic, belonging to a group. Our cathedrals are so fucking awesome compared to those shitty little churches the other Christians have.
Code: [Select]
if(trollPost(PreviousPost))
return;
else
display("PicardFacepalm.jpg");
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:09:18 pm by alway »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: September 28, 2010, 04:22:29 pm »

Code: [Select]
if(trollPost(PreviousPost))
return;
else
display("PicardFacepalm.jpg");
I'm having a hard time parsing Melagius' post as well... mainly because it sounds sarcastic, but it sounds real at the same time...

I mean, going to Church for the social aspect I get... but because you like the buildings?  It's a status symbol?

I should be following the return void but I just can't...
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: September 28, 2010, 04:58:11 pm »

Berserk button: Anyone telling me atheism is a phase that I'll grow out of.

I've never properly believed in God dammnit

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: September 28, 2010, 05:03:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haters gonna hate.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: September 28, 2010, 05:10:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haters gonna hate.

That's spectacular. A spectacular waste of money and resources.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: September 28, 2010, 05:56:31 pm »

So is any other building, most of which are a hell of a lot uglier, and not open to the general public.

Melagius has a point, and has experienced personal growth some people here might someday achieve. But most won't. There's actually a choice for you, what you believe in.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: September 28, 2010, 06:04:28 pm »

If by "personal growth" you mean "gained a tendancy to show off the architectural merits of his church" then... yes?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: September 28, 2010, 06:06:53 pm »

A) Any other building includes a heck of a lot of other places. Schools, hospitals, libraries, museums...all can be beautiful, and are certainly not a huge waste.

B) Melagius' point seemed to be, "The buildings are cool, so I'm gonna hang with these guys." That's like determining your friends because they have cool cars. *facepalm*

C) Millions of people experience personal growth outside religion worldwide. Just because some of us are having a little bit of fun talking about cheese in a religious thread doesn't mean we don't experience personal growth. As a husband, father, martial artist, once homeless and recovered alcoholic, I know plenty about personal growth.

D) I can honestly say that I could never believe in any religion, not with any intellectual integrity. So, my belief hinges on the rest of the world. If anyone can bring about testable, repeatable, verifiable proof of any god anywhere, I'll look into it, and if I can test, repeat, and verify the existence thereof, I'll convert. Until then, I stay an Atheist.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 370