Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caging and Trapping Creatures--im doin it rong  (Read 745 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Caging and Trapping Creatures--im doin it rong
« on: April 26, 2009, 06:42:52 pm »

i think so, anyway.

First of all, creatures caught in traps: how do i move them to the zoo I have set up?

Goblins caught in cage traps--same question.

i did try to sell a captured goblin to the merchants, but apparently the goblin got out and i only sold the cage.

Can you sell caged creatures to merchants?

in other news, been attack by goblin ambushes 4 times today alone. Woah.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caging and Trapping Creatures--im doin it rong
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 07:51:15 pm »

To place a caged animal you have to build the cage ('b' -> 'j').  Use 'x' to get the detailed listing so you can see the contents instead of just the cage materials.

Building a cage or transferring one to a stockpile is safe; trying to sell a caged creature is not.  They tend to escape, I believe this is a bug.  It might be possible to sell caged tame creatures though.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 07:55:37 pm »

I, too, have suffered from that bug. I tried to sell a goblin hammer lord to the humans once, with predictable results.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:17:01 pm »

I, too, have suffered from that bug. I tried to sell a goblin hammer lord to the humans once, with predictable results.

Did he actually start bashing heads or was he still in "FLY FOR THE HILLS" mode?