Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Slug/Snail men  (Read 2034 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Slug/Snail men
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 12:10:34 pm »

I think you're being very cruel to those poor snailmen (the author declares no interest).

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 01:31:56 pm »

Malachi, if you tell your haulers to drop wild animals into a pit they will open the cage, retrieve the slugman and be attacked by it. I'm sure you've noticed this ...

However if you position the cage next to the pit before throwing the animal in there it won't have time to attack. It's just going to say "wha- THUD!" and that'll be that.

I can definitely see this being a problem in your case however since you have so many of them. To my knowledge there is no way to know which specific slugman you're throwing into the pit.

Can't you just dig out everything surrounding the pit, and putting animal stockpile in every square surrounding it? all cages should have the  wha- THUD! factor.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 01:40:09 pm »

I think you're being very cruel to those poor snailmen (the author declares no interest).
your point being?
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 02:09:52 pm »

Do you have rock salt on-site?  Build the pen walls out of it.

malachi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 02:23:10 pm »

Sadly, no, I do not have rocksalt. I have silstone. LOTS of siltstone. Walls of siltstone, Floors of siltstone, screw pumps of siltstone, bridges of siltstone, artifacts of siltstone, engravings in siltstone walls about my artifacts of siltstone.

I think I'm going to make them as comfortable as possible (with the exception of sending in an occasional recruit to see if I can turn any of them into deadly fighters) in a zoo with climate-controlling mist. It'll have both aboveground and underground sections (both of which will have soil AND rock, just so I can see what they like).
Pages: 1 [2]