Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: L++  (Read 2570 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
L++
« on: April 26, 2009, 02:02:35 pm »

One idea that I have...

We all know LCS is L+...but how would LCS see L++? Would LCS seek society as being an L++ society as 'radical', 'insane' and 'illogical' and would seek to turn society back to the "utopian" L+ Society?

What if the LCS' sleepers and actions promote Liberalism, but goes a bit too far...instead of converting people to L+, people are converted to L++!

This could make the game longer, as the LCS must make society Liberal, but not too Liberal...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: L++
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 05:46:26 pm »

The Liberal Crime Squad is L+.

They're trying to make everyone see their way.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 06:31:46 pm »

I see what you mean. But I don't think you can get much more Liberal than the LCS is now without it being a minor difference.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 10:17:29 pm »

Yeah, I'm kinda in agreement here with the other replies. I'm all for new challenges that create interesting situations, but I've always felt that the LCS was supposed to be the most extreme fringe group possible (towards the liberal end of the spectrum, of course) which is what makes it a kind of satire. If there were an L++ I would expect the LCS to fill that niche and make it convert the country even more towards liberalism.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 12:36:22 pm »

If we get L++, we need C++.

At C++, conservatives program a game called "Conservative crime squad."
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 10:47:39 pm »

How exactly would 'too liberal' be presented?  L+ already stretches the bounds of satire.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:15:48 pm »

Let take a random issue, say, women rights...

L+: Women are completly equal to men.
L++: Gender is considered a conservative invention. Gender is hereby abolished.

I think it would be satire in that LCS desires for society to conform to its ideological programme. Any deviation must be punished by the use of terrorism. At all costs. So, if L++ is implemented, the LCS would be upset at how society is going away from its control, because, obivously, the LCS knows what is best for America, and if the LCS doesn't approve of it, it must be bad. Therefore, the LCS will attempt to restore the existence of Gender.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 11:27:21 pm »

Actually the LCS would believe in the L++ law.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 11:33:28 pm »

I think what you guys are describing is the opposite of the "you lose" Conservative positions -- the nightmare scenario when one side is exaggeratedly out of control. These would be fitting for the final defeat screen, if you were playing as the CCS in an alternate version of the game. When playing from the perspective of the LCS, however, the highest point of Liberalism is considered correct and reasonable -- revolutionary, perhaps, but not so much exaggerated and slippery slope action.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 01:02:04 am »

I think it would be satire in that LCS desires for society to conform to its ideological programme. Any deviation must be punished by the use of terrorism. At all costs. So, if L++ is implemented, the LCS would be upset at how society is going away from its control, because, obivously, the LCS knows what is best for America, and if the LCS doesn't approve of it, it must be bad. Therefore, the LCS will attempt to restore the existence of Gender.

But then the LCS would be the CCS for that super liberal society. Just like all those Hollywood cliches! It has become what it fought to defeat! Oh, the irony and social commentary.

However, as JSF says, this could be a decent repository for endgame society description.
First wave intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 01:49:45 am »

L+: Nuclear power is abolished.
L++: Anything reactor shaped is stigmatized.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 09:51:21 am »

L++: Anything reactor shaped is stigmatized.

Poor little Johnny "Reactor Head" Jones never has any friends in L++ society.
First wave intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 10:12:00 am »

L++: Dunce caps are considered too reactor shaped to be used in the school system.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 10:44:50 am »

In L++, all energy use would be outlawed. You would have to wash your clothes by a stream. Society as we know it would have collapsed, and returned to the times before classicism.

Guy Montag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 11:21:22 am »

L++ Caulk guns, paint guns and glue guns are all banned.

Heterosexuals are stigmitized, fined and sent to gay camp to be reeducated. Homosexuality Encouragement classes are mandatory from ages 5-12.

Speaking open treason against the government is tolerated, even encouraged.

All combusted material must be captured in a bio-degradable filter, smoking is completely banned due to pollution concerns.

Animals within the borders of the country are considered full citizens, only with more rights. Animal products are banned, because animals cannot give consent to be monatarily rewarded for their wool or milk.

Most children are aborted by law. The government foots the bill for all elective surgery.

"You know whats disturbing?"
 "what?"
"Some people want to have babies"
"That IS disturbing! How can I help?"
Pages: [1] 2