Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175232 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1875 on: December 10, 2015, 10:45:12 am »

Anyone know why Inethack2 is always crashing?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: December 30, 2015, 08:58:20 am »

Hey everyone look here please: http://www.talking-time.net/showthread.php?t=9571&page=16

Scroll down a little and you'll see some pictures of a game that looks exactly like a Final Fantasy incarnation but includes some features (namely, monsters) from Nethack.

I wonder what game that is, who can answer? Where can I get it from?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: December 30, 2015, 09:14:06 am »

Scroll down a little and you'll see some pictures of a game that looks exactly like a Final Fantasy incarnation but includes some features (namely, monsters) from Nethack.

I wonder what game that is, who can answer? Where can I get it from?

Wow, cool.  I think he edited the images to make his LP.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 30, 2015, 03:45:25 pm »

Yeah, when people do text LPs sometimes they edit screenshots to add a little bit of personal flair. This guy seems to have gone above and beyond to make his LP presentable for those who cannot read ASCII.

On a similar note, if you're interested in having a very SNES-esque look for NetHack, there's always the Nevanda tileset!

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 30, 2015, 03:59:43 pm »

Oh and an update for the original fork is out. Are there chances they will add a better graphical UI and tiles? Hope for that.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: December 30, 2015, 05:18:14 pm »

There's very little chance of that. I sent the devteam an email a few weeks ago and offered to completely revamp the default tileset for free. Unsurprisingly, they didn't even open the email. If they wouldn't want someone else doing all of the work for them I doubt they'd be willing to do it themselves.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:20:19 pm by DragonDePlatino »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: December 30, 2015, 06:00:37 pm »

It's open source, you could just do it.

For graphical front ends, there's that Falcon's Eye that went commercial and is now on steam.   They'll probably update it.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 31, 2015, 01:17:57 am »

It's open source, you could just do it.

For graphical front ends, there's that Falcon's Eye that went commercial and is now on steam.   They'll probably update it.
I think that the guys at Falcon's Eye have said that they will update to 3.6 as soon as they can. Don't quote me on that, though.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: December 31, 2015, 01:35:25 am »

I think I remember seeing someone on the Nethack Facebook Group (I can find the link if anyone wants it) said that Vulture's Eye is either updated or done and just being tested and should be up soon.

FAKEEDIT: I double checked and Vulture should have support for 3.6 if you're looking for fancyness.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 27, 2021, 03:37:07 am »

I just started to play nethack on alt.org via telnet. I have come across two problems so far:
1: If I stop actively playing it for a few minutes, the game stops responding. Maybe it's a connection time out?

2: The game doesn't remember my options. The default movement keys is numpad, but I want to use vi keys. I have to set it every time I log in.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 27, 2021, 03:43:01 am »

*glance up* « Reply #1883 on: December 31, 2015, 01:35:25 am »

I think the realm of the dead has a new master. ._.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 27, 2021, 03:56:24 am »

I can't find a newer thread for nethack lol. Anyway I think it's relevent. There are about twenty players playing on the server everyday.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 31, 2021, 05:48:34 pm »

No other nethack players?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 31, 2021, 06:06:56 pm »

I haven't really played since high school days.  Alt.org wasn't blocked lmao.

I never actually got far but it seemed a lot of that was more on me needing to memorize tons of traps the game could have.  By now I have a lot more modern roguelite/roguelike games to pick from.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 31, 2021, 10:45:58 pm »

My Nethack is always 3.4.3 tiles offline, which... is kind of old at this point, but also the version I was closest to winning on-- died on the Astral Plane to Famine of all things. I'd say that about 90% of my roguelike time nowadays is spent on DCSS Berotato though.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128