Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175278 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1860 on: December 08, 2015, 06:27:35 pm »

Here's a copy of the verbose changelog, if you don't feel like downloading the source. Most exciting day of my life.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 08, 2015, 07:46:35 pm »

New DF, new Aurora, and now new Nethack?? Did an angel break the seventh seal?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 08, 2015, 07:48:06 pm »

Ace Combat 7 (first since 2007) and System Shock 3 (first since 1999) are also coming out.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 08, 2015, 08:03:03 pm »

And lo, I beheld the dead coming forth from the grave and receiving updates. And there was much rejoicing.

Now somebody please tell me that IVAN is getting an update, and that Star Control and Mail Order Monsters are getting sequels, and I will die a happy gamer.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 08, 2015, 10:34:21 pm »

So all the roguelike develops are in a secret conspiracy to make sure that my GPA will fall off a cliff and that I will fail my finals.

Also, Half-Life 3 is for normal people. Nethack 3.6 is for true gamers!

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 09, 2015, 09:05:45 am »

Also, Half-Life 3 is for normal people. Nethack 3.6 is for true gamers drofs!

Fixed. ;)
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 09, 2015, 09:12:56 am »

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 09, 2015, 09:23:03 am »

Incredible. :D
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 09, 2015, 10:21:56 am »

Also, even though it seems that most distros do not have the 3.6 version in the repos yet, the alt.org server has a working version of 3.6 that can be played.

Praise the alt.org server... praise the alt.org server...

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 09, 2015, 10:22:54 am »

Does anyone here know how to compile and run C code? I want to take a look at the newest version's tileset to update DawnHack, but I can't get it myself. According to scshunt, getting the tileset is as simple as running the source code in win/share/tiletext.c using the instructions from tile.doc. Unfortunately, I barely know how to compile Python and C++. :(

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 09, 2015, 10:27:44 am »

Does anyone here know how to compile and run C code? I want to take a look at the newest version's tileset to update DawnHack, but I can't get it myself. According to scshunt, getting the tileset is as simple as running the source code in win/share/tiletext.c using the instructions from tile.doc. Unfortunately, I barely know how to compile Python and C++. :(
What OS are you on? If you're on Windows, you're probably going to need to use an IDE, or MinGW/Cygwin. If you're on Linux, gcc is probably your best bet. If you've compiled C++ code with g++, gcc works almost identically to g++. With some luck, you may be able to find some article/file that will give step-by-step instructions based on your OS.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 09, 2015, 11:09:18 am »

I'm using Windows and have Orwell Dev-C++ as my IDE. I've gotten my own C++ code to compile so I think I have MinGW or GCC? Attempting to compile from within Orwell Dev-C++ or via command line throws me the same error: "Error: config.h: No such file or directory". :(

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 09, 2015, 11:29:09 am »

My experience with windows IDEs was that they like to use MinGW, so reading some documentation may be able to assist you.
The tricky part is that you're in an IDE, which usually has a number of configuration steps to get a project imported properly for compilation. I would imagine that you're going to need to add the paths of the header files manually. (Or make sure that config.h actually exists  :P) Other than that, I would do as much reading as possible on how exactly your IDE handles projects. I've heard that compiling nethack is, under good conditions, a beast anyway, so this is probably the extent of my helpfulness.  :-\

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 09, 2015, 12:06:35 pm »

Here's a copy of the verbose changelog, if you don't feel like downloading the source. Most exciting day of my life.

Skimmed through it, the most substantive things I could see were 'It moves only reluctantly' is gone (so no more pet curse ID?), and that the vibrating square is now a trap (so I imagine can be found easier). I remember it being a pain in the ass finding that square, so that's a neat change.

Nope, there's still pet ID, just not blind petID. (The message with "it" is the only one that is removed.)

Does anyone know if they fixed the #name exploit on the Astral Plane? (The one where you can find out which shrine you need to go to.) So much in the change-log.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 09, 2015, 02:31:20 pm »

@DragonDePlatino

As a fellow Windows user and a person trying to learn C every now and then (ie. when there is nothing else to learn at this particular moment), I can tell you that it is probably a good idea to get a virtual machine with Linux and try running/compiling stuff on this. I can personally vouch for Vagrant/Virtualbox combo. It probably won't be too fast, but you are more likely to find some guides or tutorial to compiling this stuff on Linux.

At the very least, this might come in handy in the future, as using Windows for Python and C++ doesn't seem to be all that easy, too. ;)
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 128