Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 176149 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #645 on: June 26, 2009, 05:57:08 pm »

Tinning kit makes certain foods safe to eat, and makes the portions smaller so you can eat that giant corpse in one sitting and not get immensely full.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 26, 2009, 06:01:44 pm »

It plays into ALOT of things, but not food preservation, as tinned food isn't worth a lot of nutrition.

If you look at the poison resistance wiki article, then you'll see that, normally, some monsters are safe to eat for poison resistance and others aren't. However, whenever when of the unsafe monsters is tinned, it can be safely eaten while still offering the usual chance at gaining poison resistance!

This also works for old corpses too! For example: if you happen to fight Elf mummies, they'll leave a corpse that is too old to eat, however, if you tin that corpses, then it's magically safe to eat again, and you can eat it to try to get sleep resistance!

Tinning things also drastically reduces the amount of nutrition a corpse will offer, so tinning makes it possible to eat several giants/dragons in a row!

Tinned nurses also give full healing in two turns! But counts as cannibalism for human characters unfortunately.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 26, 2009, 06:05:10 pm »

It plays into ALOT of things, but not food preservation, as tinned food isn't worth a lot of nutrition.

If you look at the poison resistance wiki article, then you'll see that, normally, some monsters are safe to eat for poison resistance and others aren't. However, whenever when of the unsafe monsters is tinned, it can be safely eaten while still offering the usual chance at gaining poison resistance!

This also works for old corpses too! For example: if you happen to fight Elf mummies, they'll leave a corpse that is too old to eat, however, if you tin that corpses, then it's magically safe to eat again, and you can eat it to try to get sleep resistance!

Tinning things also drastically reduces the amount of nutrition a corpse will offer, so tinning makes it possible to eat several giants/dragons in a row!

Tinned nurses also give full healing in two turns! But counts as cannibalism for human characters unfortunately.
I see, I thought however that you could still be poisoned when you eat tinned food. I guess this makes them a whole lot more useful, thanks!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 26, 2009, 06:11:08 pm »

Lawful Archs have a big leg up on neutral ones, I think, cause they can altar camp for Grayswandir, and Arcs are the only role in the game that can get expert in Sabers.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 26, 2009, 06:28:33 pm »

Lawful Archs have a big leg up on neutral ones, I think, cause they can altar camp for Grayswandir, and Arcs are the only role in the game that can get expert in Sabers.
Thats great, Im just pudding farming right now(and Im doing damn well, getting enhanced poison resistance and lv 9)

Yeah, I usualy choose lawful characters if I have the choice. Sigurd is lawful right now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 26, 2009, 06:35:35 pm »

Brown or Black pudding?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 26, 2009, 06:38:26 pm »

Brown or Black pudding?
The black ones, their easier to come by.
I made a little island of black puddings that I farm :). I probably wont stick around much longer as they dont suppy me anything anymore.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 26, 2009, 06:47:05 pm »

I could never get a successful one going.  I either got overwhelmed and killed or killed them off by accident.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 26, 2009, 06:47:37 pm »

I saw a guy with something like 2000+ brown pudding corpses. It was crazy.

Did you get anything useful atleast?

Anyway, I wish I had a sink, it'd be useful to summon a succubus.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 26, 2009, 06:53:20 pm »

I saw a guy with something like 2000+ brown pudding corpses. It was crazy.

Did you get anything useful atleast?

Anyway, I wish I had a sink, it'd be useful to summon a succubus.
I just had two sinks. Damn gold golems are the bane of me though, I cant kill them nor can I go back down to farm my puddings becuase of them. Also for some reason my puddings were suprisingly complacent, they only attacked me once or twice.

Usualy I dont have so much trouble with them but my archies dont go well with them though :(.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 26, 2009, 07:04:37 pm »

I double checked, and I got 6 AC from the priest. Also, I found another scroll of enchant armor, where I then blessed it and used it on my speed boots. -32 AC.

I'm almost to lvl 14, I can't wait to get my PYEC.

Also, when I get my wand of wishing from the castle, I'm gonna try to get 4 scrolls of genocide, to knock out most things that can cause instant death.

Don't worry about the gold golems, just try to rely on your pickaxe (or mattock, which is better.) and be sure to always fall back on Elbereth.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 26, 2009, 07:12:09 pm »

FAUUUUUUUUUK. I just got killed by fire ants...

During prayer too, what the hell?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 26, 2009, 07:15:29 pm »

Pity, did you Elbereth like I told you? Don't do it at the last second, start Elbereth'ing the moment you see them.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 26, 2009, 07:23:47 pm »

Pity, did you Elbereth like I told you? Don't do it at the last second, start Elbereth'ing the moment you see them.
I thought I could take em, I killed a few but then that kitten appeared...

I thought they would stop when I started to pray, but nope...

Oh well, here we go again! This time Im gonna win. This guys got 81 cans. But... I just dug into a grave and the game said "You feel like a despicable grave-robber!"

I guess this guys in the wrong business. :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:29:09 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 26, 2009, 07:30:20 pm »

Yeah, Arcs recieve a small alignment penalty for desecrating graves and destroying statues.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 128