Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 176343 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #300 on: May 23, 2009, 03:01:16 pm »

That'd be crazy. Food hoarding would be a vital part of the game if they did.

Sokoban is officially the bane of my existance. I messed up one block, and it takes 4 charges from a wand of striking, an an earth scroll, and a lot of swearing to get through that level.
I beat Sokoban and all I got was this lousy bag, also remember not to use too many earth scrolls in sokoban, its bad luck.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 23, 2009, 03:06:36 pm »

Today is a valkyrie.

Which would be an awesome name for a nordic metal song.
Damn, if I ever join some sort of metal band, I swear that I will make this song.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2009, 07:17:53 pm »

Sokoban is officially the bane of my existance. I messed up one block, and it takes 4 charges from a wand of striking, an an earth scroll, and a lot of swearing to get through that level.
I beat Sokoban and all I got was this lousy bag, also remember not to use too many earth scrolls in sokoban, its bad luck.

I know it's bad luck, so is breaking all those blocks with the wand of striking. I have the luckstone though, so it's kinda alright

I hate how being satiated abuses dexterity, it's crap that I can't eat all I want.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2009, 07:33:24 pm »

There's ways to reduce your satiation though, aren't there?  Eat icky things?  Or was that just in ADOM...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2009, 07:35:40 pm »

There aren't even icky things in NetHack, as far as I know.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2009, 07:36:27 pm »

There's ways to reduce your satiation though, aren't there?  Eat icky things?  Or was that just in ADOM...
Nethack needs vomiting like IVAN... ::)

I think acidic things count.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2009, 07:38:54 pm »

That bag was a bag of holding.  No ordinary sack, I daresay!  It is indeed very special to be a Sokoban reward.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2009, 07:47:21 pm »

*checks wiki*

Okay, I was wrong.  There isn't anything like that, no potions of salt water, nothing.  Oh well...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2009, 07:47:52 pm »

That bag was a bag of holding.  No ordinary sack, I daresay!  It is indeed very special to be a Sokoban reward.
Personaly I prefer the amulet of reflection, its a much more usefull item. A BOH is ok, but more often then not I tend to find it just laying around.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2009, 07:51:22 pm »

I'm gonna have to start picking locks more and manage my eating better so my dexterity will stop dropping.

And yeah, a bag of holding is a great item. I'm about to get my first one. The wiki says that it decreases weight by 1/3 or something IIRC, and even more if it's blessed.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2009, 07:56:18 pm »

*checks wiki*

Okay, I was wrong.  There isn't anything like that, no potions of salt water, nothing.  Oh well...

Well, Angband has potions of salt water. And icky things.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2009, 08:34:43 pm »

If you pushed a boulder into another, you can squeeze into the gap and push them apart. But you will need to drop almost all your worn and inventory items to do that.

Also, any violation of the rules (teleport/break boulder, squeeze into gap, scroll of earth) will give you bad luck. With bad luck you can't pray, among many other things.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2009, 08:48:12 pm »

If you pushed a boulder into another, you can squeeze into the gap and push them apart. But you will need to drop almost all your worn and inventory items to do that.
I always forget you can do that...

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 23, 2009, 08:54:09 pm »

I think acidic things count.

There's green slime... which with a mere touch can slowly turn other creatures into green slime. The victim's skin will slowly turn into slimy green slime, and to cure the sliming you'll have to burn it off.

That's icky enough for me...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 23, 2009, 09:04:03 pm »

[Tshirt]

I beat Sokoban and all I got was this lousy bag.

[/Tshirt]
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 128