Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175253 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1725 on: January 23, 2012, 12:15:19 pm »

Minotaurs...

I've lost more than one otherwise exceptionally promising character to them because I wasn't sure about their E-status and didn't want to check the wiki. M's hit hard when you're just sketching pretty pictures to the ground. I always play this game pretty much until I can get a character to ascend, and then take a long break, just long enough for me to forget most of the essentials (E-word, lizards in inventory, all that jazz). This results in many deaths that could be easily avoided. It doesn't help that I prefer not to rely on the wiki any more than I have to.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:40 pm »

So future Acehack is going to have multiplayer. Currently it's only avalible to a few people though.

I got whitelisted on it while in IRC, and played a bit with other peoples. It's pretty awesome. How it works is that you can play normally while on your own floor. When on the same floor, players alternate turns. You can save and quit, which (I believe) removes you from the game world. There's quite a few bugs though, like a few Ace specific things not working, and if you are the only person only and you die the game ends for everyone (averted by not playing alone).
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 23, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »

So future Acehack is going to have multiplayer. Currently it's only avalible to a few people though.

I got whitelisted on it while in IRC, and played a bit with other peoples. It's pretty awesome. How it works is that you can play normally while on your own floor. When on the same floor, players alternate turns. You can save and quit, which (I believe) removes you from the game world. There's quite a few bugs though, like a few Ace specific things not working, and if you are the only person only and you die the game ends for everyone (averted by not playing alone).

Cool. Most certainly going to keep watch of this, since it's multiplayer in a roguelike game, after all.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 23, 2012, 10:44:23 pm »

Cool. Most certainly going to keep watch of this, since it's multiplayer in a roguelike game, after all.
I will post if it is made public.
Also, check out TomeNet, I made a thread on it before, it's a real-time multiplayer Roguelike.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 26, 2012, 06:37:51 pm »

An invisible choir sings, and you are bathed in radiance...
  The voice of Tyr booms out: "Congratulations, mortal!"
  "In return for thy service, I grant thee the gift of Immortality!"
  You ascend to the status of Demigoddess...

http://alt.org/nethack/userdata/q/quinnr/dumplog/1327439417.nh343.txt

I can now rest in peace. I genocided 'L', 'Master Mind Flayer', and 'Mind Flayer' pretty early on, and had relatively few issues throughout the game. I also got two throne wishes (one from Vlad, one from a random throne room in the DoD) which I used on a magic marker and a 'ring of levitation named Vlad's Toe'. I also slaughtered Demogorgon. The wishing wand was not used until the Astral Plane (I got my SDSM from a revgeno of Silver Dragons very early on with my magic marker wish.)

I also had five amulets of Life Saving (all found around the dungeon), of which I used zero.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 26, 2012, 06:56:40 pm »

Congrats on winning the game!

I'm amazed that you managed to use 0 out of the 5 "oLS you had. Usually, I tend to go splat before ascending due to something stupid, and to counter that, I keep an amulet outside with me at all times to wear.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 26, 2012, 09:20:50 pm »

You did it Quinnr! After all these years you did it!

Internet high five!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 26, 2012, 09:28:28 pm »

Internet high five!
Once I really started trying hard, I realized that there was a steady rate of improvement, until I finally did it! Also, I lied in the previous post. I used one wishing charge for the Marker, and the throne wish for the Sceptre. Conflict is amazing.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 26, 2012, 10:57:11 pm »

Internet high five!
Once I really started trying hard, I realized that there was a steady rate of improvement, until I finally did it! Also, I lied in the previous post. I used one wishing charge for the Marker, and the throne wish for the Sceptre. Conflict is amazing.
Indeed it is. RELEASE THE PURPLY WORMS!

bhaak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #1734 on: February 06, 2012, 11:37:07 am »

Hi, there. It's a pleasure for me to announce the 3.6.1 release of UnNetHack.

Source code, Debian package and Windows TTY and GUI executables can be
downloaded here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unnethack/files/unnethack/3.6.1/

The Windows version has now a Console and GUI executable included and
HTML dumps enabled.

The most prominent gameplay improvement is probably the removal of utter
destruction effect of a bag of holding explosion (originally from
SporkHack). Instead of destroying the complete content of the bag of
holding its content gets scattered around. Of course there's still the
possibility that something breaks when it hits the floor.  ;)

This release is save and bones compatible with 3.6.0.

Screenshots of the the Linux terminal and Windows GUI versions:
http://unnethack.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/unnethack_3-6-1_inventory.png
http://unnethack.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/unnethack_win32_3-6-1.png

The complete changelog can be read on the development blog:
http://unnethack.wordpress.com/2012/02/05/unnethack-3-6-1-released/

Bye
Patric
NetHack-De: NetHack in German!

UnNetHack: The newest NetHack variant!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 06, 2012, 04:19:03 pm »

I always thought that being able to lose your entire stash of helpful items you were too lazy to stash by pressing four buttons was in the spirit of Nethack...

Anyways, it's so hard to choose between UnNetHack and AceHack. Both have some pretty cool features! Instead of making a decision though, I shall continue playing on NAO.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 06, 2012, 04:29:09 pm »

I too had no idea as well, it just seemed natural for the game to be that unforgiving in that regard.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 07, 2012, 09:08:09 pm »

Is the multiplayer thing for Acehack still being worked on?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 08, 2012, 09:23:17 pm »

Is the multiplayer thing for Acehack still being worked on?

It is public now, at acehack.us
Just start a new game, have them hit join game, and then use #invite.

bhaak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #1739 on: June 04, 2012, 11:49:49 am »

Just wanted to point out quinnr's announcement of the Junethack Tournament tournament and his DF clan:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110857.0
NetHack-De: NetHack in German!

UnNetHack: The newest NetHack variant!
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 128