Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 176267 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #435 on: June 14, 2009, 12:48:35 am »

Wouldn't a unicorn horn fix the stat loss from a mind flayer?
yep

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 14, 2009, 01:15:37 am »

Yes, it does. I forgot to do so before eating it ("Like sucking on my brain huh? Now I'll have yours!").

Doh!

My wand of wish has 2 charges, so I wished for a pair of levitation boots. I've cleared the first level of Genhennom, right now back in the castle store room to further enchant my stuff.

I am overpreparing it by altar camping. So far I've got Mjolnir, Dragonbane, Firebrand, Frostbrand and Trollbane generated. I wanted to generate Grayswandir to see how great it is. But I guess I'll have to settle with Excalibur + Silver Sabre.

AC is -15, and I've yet to see one magical marker generated. I think before diving deeper into Genhennom, I'll go back to my main stash on DL9 to polypile some. I got a lot of unihorn stashed. I really need the enchanter armor/weapon and fixing.

Edit: This game has a severe lack of identify scrolls, magic markers and magical boots/gauntlets/rings/amulets.

I caved and wished for a cloak of magic resistance and a ring of free action... 2 wishes left, and now I have all the important intrinsics without being crowned. Not much luck getting more enchant scrolls, so most of my items are still unfixed. AC is -17 with a little bit of protection.

And I had yet another encounter with a mind flayer... >_< I remember to use unihorn first this time, so at least I got more Int out of it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:56:14 am by kcwong »

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 14, 2009, 02:09:16 pm »

yep

Doesn't fix memory loss though and that's the annoying part >:(
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 14, 2009, 02:21:22 pm »

yep

Shit, you get memory loss from mind flayers?

Well you could always write it down hen you meet them....

Remember to wear a greased hat, it protects well enough.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 14, 2009, 03:07:11 pm »

yep

Actually, Mind Flayers are dangerous enough enemies to warrant the use of a charge of your wand of fire/lightning to burn Elbereth the moment you see them, or at the very least athame it into the ground with Magicbane a 10 times or so. That way you avoid the amnesia-causing tentacles altogether.

It's too bad Orc's maximum intelligence is 16, I need a helm of brilliance or something.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 14, 2009, 08:05:23 pm »

yep

Actually, Mind Flayers are dangerous enough enemies to warrant the use of a charge of your wand of fire/lightning to burn Elbereth the moment you see them, or at the very least athame it into the ground with Magicbane a 10 times or so. That way you avoid the amnesia-causing tentacles altogether.

It's too bad Orc's maximum intelligence is 16, I need a helm of brilliance or something.
for casting with armour? or without armour and a robe?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 14, 2009, 08:14:19 pm »

for casting with armour? or without armour and a robe?

For reading difficult spellbooks and hungerless spellcasting.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 15, 2009, 10:18:45 am »

I found a stone giant corpse inside an ice box in a delicatessen, but both the stone giant corpse and the ice box are too heavy to lift. I want to eat the corpse to gain strength, but I can't get it out of the ice box to interact with it. Is there anything I can do to get that corpse?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 15, 2009, 12:33:14 pm »

Drop a bunch of stuff outside and see if you can pick it up when you have nothing (or next to that)?  That's all I can think of.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2009, 08:16:43 pm »

I found a stone giant corpse inside an ice box in a delicatessen, but both the stone giant corpse and the ice box are too heavy to lift. I want to eat the corpse to gain strength, but I can't get it out of the ice box to interact with it. Is there anything I can do to get that corpse?

Giant corpses are very heavy - 2250 to be exact. Your carrying capacity is (25 * (Str + Con)) + 50, capped at 1000. The minimum Str + Con combination is thus 38. You will need to have gauntlets of power and drop everything to lift it out of the icebox.

I don't think there is a way to destroying icebox. It's plastic, so a gelatinous cube won't be able to eat it. It isn't lockable, so you can't lock it and then #force it with a blunt weapon (and that would destroy its contents anyway).

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2009, 09:15:10 pm »

Try kicking the icebox.  That might work.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 15, 2009, 09:18:43 pm »

IIRC, there is a bug where ice boxes get generated too heavy to lift, and so you can't eat what is inside of them.

For the guy missing a magic marker, wish for one. Only semi worth polypiling for.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2009, 09:43:31 pm »

Durn Giant Corpse, evading my hungry stomach! Trapped inside a ice box, too heavy to lift OUT of the ice box, and I can't stick my head into the ice box to eat you there.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 15, 2009, 09:48:18 pm »

Sadly you are screwed, there is no way to get a extra heavy corpse out of the ice box. I think the eat command should be extended to support eating out of unlocked contaners.

Anyone here willing to make a patch? 
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 16, 2009, 12:20:32 pm »

If I get bored while my roommates are gone, I might just try to make that patch.  There's an awful lot of things that could go horribly wrong though...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 128