Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175514 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1290 on: August 20, 2010, 01:30:27 am »

Spam Fireball and you'll be fine.
I don't have it, strangely, it seems to have escaped my grasp for most of the game for some reason.

Oh, and remember you can pray! After long trips in Gehennom, it's easy to forget about praying.
Eheheheh... Thing is I (ACCIDENTALLY) killed two pets by polymorphing them. Killing two pets is -30 Alignment... Hopefully, though, my god will be happy by the time I get back due to the sheer amount of monsters I've killed.

Anyway, I just prepared for my run to the Vibrating square, I dug out the walls, burned Elbereth on the up-stairs and the square, and I also got good placement on the level before the vibrating square's level, with the stairs being two squares away from each-other. So I'm well prepared. I'm going to take on the wizard now. Wish me luck!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 20, 2010, 01:36:34 am »

No luck needed, this next part is easy. FoD Rodney, invocation ritual, walk down the stairs, come right back up, then branchport down back into Moloch's Sanctum. If you're lucky, you'll literally appear next to the High Priest. If not, either go back up the stairs and try again or find the door into the High Priest's lair hopefully via /oSDD. Then you just FoD the High Priest and run like hell out of there.

Cone of Cold will substitute for Fireball, although I think it costs more mana to cast and does the same damage.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 20, 2010, 01:53:36 am »

I've now got the amulet.

RUNNING NOW!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 20, 2010, 01:55:51 am »

Dont worry too much about it, the wizard only appears a few times. Dont get all excited, that's more dangerous then the wizard coming back.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 20, 2010, 01:57:47 am »

Well, it's wildly variable. I've had ascension runs where he didn't appear at all. Where I've had others where he popped up once every couple floors. It's best not to waste time, but don't rush so much that you endanger your character.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 20, 2010, 02:01:27 am »

Yeah. You probably dont have much time to do something like linger around an alter fixing your alignment, but you could remember a few spells if you get to a place you put your books.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 20, 2010, 02:06:03 am »

He's being quite nice to me right now, he hasn't done anything aside from teleport me around when I try to go up.

Anyway, I'm on level 29 of 48! Still running.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 20, 2010, 02:07:17 am »

you can DIG, right?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 20, 2010, 02:19:21 am »

Yep.

Anyway, I'm on the plane of Earth now! Nothing can stop me now (somehow, I have a feeling these will be my last words)!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 20, 2010, 02:22:34 am »

Be sure to take screenshot of your totally imminent victory. For posterity.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 20, 2010, 02:50:19 am »

Okay, I'm taking screenshots.

The Plane of Air was nasty, though I'm fine now. (Note: I only started taking screenshots after this plane)

I owe getting past the Plane of Fire to a Hellhound, who accidentally stepped on the teleportation trap, because I had no more scrolls of gold detection.

I'm currently on the Plane of Water, it's taking freaking forever, the only interesting thing is that I killed the wizard with a finger of death.

I'll save the screenshots for when I win/loose.

Edit: Oh dammit, I just realized I forgot my other spare weapon artifacts/trophies and my gigantic gold pile back in the dungeon! AAARRGH! I worked so hard for them! Oh well...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:56:07 am by Tarran »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 20, 2010, 03:01:56 am »

You said earlier something about having extra wishes. BURN those wishes to get a magic marker if you have to, gold detection scrolls are awesome for the elemental planes.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 20, 2010, 03:06:32 am »

Not if you're already on the plain of water. although that place is a bitch to find the portal.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 20, 2010, 03:16:14 am »

I used the Amulet to find the portal, but it did take awhile.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 20, 2010, 03:39:07 am »

I'm out of wishes! I used them all earlier!

BUT I'M AT THE RIGHT GODDAMN ALTAR ON THE FIRST TRY YESSSSS!

WOOOOOO!

(Note: There are no gameplay images or images of the list of kills I've gotten in there due to laziness and having a brickton of images about my relativity unimportant kills respectively. But if you really want me to I can release them.)

Also: If you're wondering, who "Nighthawk" and "Annya" are, the answer is that I've played Nethack before I even signed up on this forum. Thus I never had a main name for my guys.

I'm happy now. And I can now safely say that I've ascended. Too bad it wasn't with a knight, my favorite class.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 128