Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mad biking skills  (Read 2031 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Mad biking skills
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:03:00 am »

You lads must see this video. This biker has some mad skills indeed!  :D Sadly we don't have a VN forum anymore, so I had to create a topic for it here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o
Enjoy!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad biking skills
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 10:05:11 am »

Yup, I have to admit, that guy is a liiiiiiittle bit better than I am  ;D

edit:
something I like:
Kranked 4 Dirtjump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miJpNxJgqmg
Hans Rey is always good for some nice moves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7LjW0O3RDY

too bad I can't find his wicked jump, in a river, from one rock to the next. It's just one jump, but it's so perfect. He's leaning backwards, wheels into the sky, midair, because it's the ONLY way he can traverse the distance. By making the rear wheel hit first, with pulled brakes.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:19:33 am by Puck »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 06:11:04 pm »

y'know whats really scary, the second i started this video i was like, "Hey this looks like edinburgh." I read the blurb thing and was like :O

Cool this is in my home town, damned i am for not watching this before now. He's... well words escape me... too good to be true... but it isn't! so im like all excited i might see him about town :D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 06:15:37 pm »

Nil0cy (1 minute ago):
Wow man, that is quite frankly astounding. It was so nice to see Edinburgh in such an amazing light! Cycle on dude!

... Groupie. :P

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 06:24:28 pm »

Shut your face! Groupies are people too!

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 06:52:33 pm »

That was amazing.  :o I cringed every time he did went into a jump. That guys gotta have some upper body power going on!

EDIT: I also can't imagine how many broken bones this guy has had..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:55:50 pm by Lear »
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 07:04:59 pm »

lol hes waring a helmat wut a nurd
!!&!!

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 08:22:14 pm »

lol hes waring a helmat wut a nurd

Please tell me your joking.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 08:35:08 pm »

It's a joke. Note the deliberately poor grammar.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 09:36:31 pm »

Way to go, Umiman, now it's not funny.
!!&!!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 08:46:27 am »

EDIT: I also can't imagine how many broken bones this guy has had..

Eheh yeah, but again..."Something for something".  :D

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 09:17:14 am »

Enough about the bike professional. Let's talk about the more down to earth types that arent all that ubar but still very very cool.

You know... like me.  ;D

The other day I happened to approach a stairset I know very well a little bit too fast. I dont know why. In the end I did a 3 metre drop into the flat, and I landed it perfectly. It wasnt intentional, at all. Midair I already saw the medical bill increasing, but I thought wtf, I might as well try to do it right, and so it went right.

I nearly shat my pants, I'll never do it again, and sorry, no finely detailed engravings available.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 09:33:01 am »

Puck....care to upload a video about your mad biking skills?  ;D

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 02:22:57 pm »

Funny, maybe I get some shots the next days, but if it doesnt happen the next chance might be in june. Let's see.

I actually wanted to make a video of myself just to see what happened to my body control. I didnt ride for almost 3 years, and this spring I started again, and I'm riding nearly every day. And improving is always a lot quicker when you can see yourself from the outside. At least for me.

So yeah, it might just happen.

But don't get too excited, I'm happy when I get my bike up on a 50cm high obstacle. But maybe I can do something that looks a lot harder than it actually is  ;D

Today I managed to do something new for me. No biggie, but I'm still proud. It's hardish because my bike is not a trial bike but a heavy ass steel dirt jumping frame with ginormous 3" tires on 24" double wide rims. Steel cranks, old school marzocchi z1 bomber in the 13cm edition. in short: heavy ass steel bike. 17.something kilo, and the fork takes out a lot of the ... "fine" control.

And I'm a tiny 1.65cm dwarf with no measurable strength whatsoever  ;D

Anyways, today I lifted the front wheel onto an obstacle, the shape of it is a bit weird to describe. Looks like a tiny house, they use it to keep gravel in it, for when the sidewalks freeze up in winter. It's about 160cm high altogether, and at about 40cm from the floor the "roof" starts. Looks like this from the side /\.

I put the frontwheel on the "roof" part, stopped and hopped around, til the rear wheel would hit the obstacle, so the bike was standing almost upright. Then I started to hop backwards, til the frontwheel touched the ground again. And I didnt put my foot down.

Have to train that a bit, because I still cant backwheel hop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twhil4VAO1M&feature=related) and that seems like a nice way to get a feel for it.

edit:
OMGOMGOMG OMG
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 06:09:06 pm by Puck »

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 06:06:45 pm »

Alright, it will take some time to get some vids, but in the meantime I dug out some old pictures....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3