Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: A ham in the clouds, RPG  (Read 16987 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
A ham in the clouds, RPG
« on: April 25, 2009, 09:53:43 pm »

Recently Ive had nothing to do, so I've decided to start an RPG. mainly inspired by peasant adventure(as well as some other now dead fourm rpgs), This is A Ham in the Clouds.

Alright so heres the makeshift story:
Its march 23, 2005. Canadas weather machine had helped them take over much of America, The place you was born. And you and 3 of your friends have gone off hiking into the mountains to escape canadian hail attacks on your small mountain town of Lionsblood.

BUT, soon while camping in the safety of the mountains you notice something queer. Something is stirring down below! No, it isent canadians, its much worse...  Demons and Monstars can be seen from your eye in the sky. THEIR ATTACKING YOUR TOWN! You watch in horror as Lionsblood colapses into smoking rubble.

You and your friends huddle around the campfire in the dark, deciding what to do next.

So thats that. This games mainly about combat, I should mention there are quite a few stats for things. You want stats in green to be higher(as they usualy represent modifiers like +3), and stats in red to be lower(as they usualy represent 1/x chance). Heres some examples:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Most are pretty self explanitory but feel free to ask about them if your not sure on something, dont worry how its all calculated, Ill take care of that.

You can choose the starting race, cloths(no armor though), gender, and favored weapon type(martial arts is possible btw, as a matter of fact you can choose ANYTHING here) of your character. If you dont say what you want Ill just roll your character to determine these.

I will keep a waiting list but dont expect anyone to die soon, its not really that type of game. Theres two ways for a character to die:

1. If the absolute value of a knocked out characters negative HP is greater than or equal to the value of their total HP. IE: -54/54 HP (note that KOed characters have no def and a 100% chance of being hit if attacked, so they should be taken care of.)
2. If the character is traveling alone and is knocked out by an enemy, or if all the characters in a group are knocked out.

So as soon as I get 4 players the game starts. Oh and if someone is inactive? I will just "autopilot" their character for them until they return, just to keep the game going of course. If they dont return in a while(like 5 turns) Ill just free up their slot.

And one last thing, this isent a very serious or chronologicaly minded game, but even so I probably wont let you shot lasers out of your eyes without knowing how to first.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:10:35 am by cowofdoom78963 »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: A ham in the clouds, RPG
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:21:52 pm »

So....
Human Male, Loose Cotton Shirt and Loose Cotton Pants with cozy slippers (pajamas, basically)
Prefers Archaic fighting styles, but mainly Axes

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 10:31:19 pm »

Name: Buzzbreath.
Human Male, white, worn and kinda filthy clothes, a worn paper bag on my head, and lastly, an almost toothless mouth with a horrid breath able to damage and possible stun anything living. (Various effects from breath depending on what alcoholic beverages he drinks.)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 01:59:17 pm by Ultimuh »

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 10:46:46 pm »

Human Male, white, worn and kinda filthy clothes, a worn paper bag on my head, and lastly, an almost toothless mouth with a horrid breath able to damage and possible stun anything living. (Damage increases temporarily by drinking alcoholic beverages.)

(Too much?    )
Nah, a breath attack is fine, but stunning right off the bat is kinda overpowered. Is it ok if the ailments you cause is based on the type of beer you drink?

Also by race I ment what race of human you are, but I guess you can also be... like a dog or something that occours in real life two if you want.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 10:54:06 pm »

Ok, Howabout now?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 11:00:57 pm »

ok thats fine, now we just wait for 2 more people and we can start. Although Ill set the stats of the items and stuff when the game starts, I need to make it so everyone starts balanced.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 11:03:15 pm »

Human, Male, Naked and is able to make explosive out of everyday objects.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 11:12:41 pm »

ok thats fine, now we just wait for 2 more people and we can start. Although Ill set the stats of the items and stuff when the game starts, I need to make it so everyone starts balanced.

Ok, Ill change the stats on my stuff when youre done.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 12:44:58 am »

seeing as your lacking any type of ranged person

Human Male, jeans and a regular t-shirt(with something horribly nerdy on it preferably)
like to throw weapons of various type (whatever he finds, be they daggers, hatchets, shurikans, whatever he can find. Has a staff if he needs to engage in close combat. ^^

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 02:59:25 am »

Alright we have four players now so I guess we can start, Ill put up the first turn tomorrow as soon as I get up. But for now Im pooped and going to bed.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 01:32:05 pm »

bump.

Sitting around the campfire wondering what to do.

you consider your surroundings, from what you remember:
Lionsblood lies someplace to the southeast,
Wilderness is all there is for miles to the west, southwest, but to the northwest you have heard of a small village.
All that lie to the north, east, and northeast are vast mountains, that, while seemingly untouched by demons, are still pretty harsh.
to the south there are feilds and a road leading to lionsblood.

Right now you are camped on a mountain, there is a fire here, it seems to be late into the night, but your not sure of the exact time as you have no watch.

You can speak in character using quotes "like this", you can interact with your environment as you please, you can travel in any direction you want from here on, its up to you.

Stats
------
Spoiler: Jack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buzzbreath (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Little (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monk (click to show/hide)

Note that all stats have been decided by dice roll, altough I tried to make it somewhat balanced.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:26:55 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 01:57:54 pm »

So Ill delete my old stats then? Oh and I think I shiould have stun resist like the others instead of fire resist, dosnt make sence with all the flamable stuff I have. (clothes, paper bag, booze and my breath might even be flamable. XD )

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 02:03:35 pm »

So Ill delete my old stats then? Oh and I think I shiould have stun resist like the others instead of fire resist, dosnt make sence with all the flamable stuff I have.
Heh, these are just starting stats. The resistances are decided by a dice roll:
1-no resistances
2-stun
3-poison
4-fire

so yeah, but dont worry, you will be able to mold your character as the game goes on, just as well it will come in useful when you encouter demons, and if you want stun resist just wait untill the next level, you can get another perk(stun resistance being one of them)
(oh yeah, thats not right, its burn resistance, not fire resistance. Ill have to change that.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 02:15:26 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 02:28:42 pm »

Go northwest.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 03:27:39 pm »

Let's out a loud stinking belch and starts talking with a beer guzzled voice. "So uh, we gonna stand 'round this fire all night or wut?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16