Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What to do with my caged Kobold  (Read 7962 times)

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with my caged Kobold
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 09:03:16 pm »

No fire was spit.

I also tryed a cat remover (imp behind forifications, cats inside).... imp would not fireball them.

I'm pretty sure the creature needs a path to the enemy for it to use special attacks (kind of like GCS webs). My chained hellhounds never breathe fire until the enemy is right next to them, while my free hellhounds breathe it everywhere (as they path stupidly to their doom)

As to the kobold: I suggest giving him food and water so he doesn't go insane (do kobolds go insane?), train him against multiple enemies and in swimming until he becomes legendary, and then release him back into the wild. When that fort crumbles years later, check him out in legends!

Or if you are really lucky he might even come back.... and subsequently destroy your entire fort ^^

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 09:09:23 pm »

do creatures thats not related to youre civ even get like swimming skill? never seen legen goblins with any skill just the name tells what kind of weapon master he is.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 07:50:39 am »

I have this kobold in a cage, and I'm wondering what I should do with it.

Why are you wondering what you should do with it?

I (sadly) don't have a GCS, but I do have magma and an underground river.
but I do have magma
magma

!!MAGMA!!

Also, get a weapon trap with ten copper discs at the bottom of a channel, then, say "A kobold, will it blend?" then throw the kobold in. Then after it is eviscerated, say "Kobold smoke, don't breathe this!", then pour its remains into another hole, and make a funny quote which contains the word "Blendtech", happy to help! :)

I don't think this'll work, since kobolds have trapavoid.

Trapavoid creatures when prone activate traps, throwing him two z levels should do the trick, he should activate the trap, in fact i'm 99.99% certain.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 08:04:44 am »

I used to drop my enemies into a long, thin room and decorate the walls with their blood, using a ballista.  Brutal efficiency at its finest.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 11:26:55 am »

do creatures thats not related to youre civ even get like swimming skill? never seen legen goblins with any skill just the name tells what kind of weapon master he is.
They used to get swimming skill, but that was cut out several versions ago because unveiling an underground pool/river was about as fun as finding HFS.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 01:05:28 pm »

I second this idea, construct a clear glass box and place said kobold in there with a slight opening at the top, (remove his weapons first) and ocasionally drop in some food and beverages for this fell beast. Make sure it's comfortable in the clear glass box, also don't use windows to keep it inside.
If you could teach it to mime, you wouldn't even need the glass box.
Never pet a burning dog.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 01:11:46 pm »

make the kobold dance when you play on the sound box.

i mean those which some people play with and you see a bear/monkey dance when he plays.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

ProfessorA

• Bay Watcher
  • don't close your eyes, they'll get your eyelids
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 02:35:20 pm »

Capture 15 more creatures and have a tournament
Post the brackets, have forum members post their picks
Winner gets the creature named after them

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 02:40:17 pm »

That's a good idea, I think I'll do that

ProfessorA

• Bay Watcher
  • don't close your eyes, they'll get your eyelids
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 02:42:54 pm »

That's a good idea, I think I'll do that

Sweet.
Also see if you can do it regularly, once a year if possible.  Make it the festival.  Make sure your meeting place has a good view of the arena

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 03:07:36 pm »

Metting room above with a glass floor. Hope that some arm comes flying off and hits the glass. Bloody glass.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Marko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Roomies
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 03:32:24 pm »

build a giant tower to the very top z-level. Chain him there, remove all stairs up, channel down around base of tower to very bottom z-level. Pray for (or mod-in) a giant eagle.
Hm.
WHERE IS THE SAVE?
AN HOUR LATE?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 03:37:40 pm »

Make a magma trap gauntlet.

Make a maze with the first tile(s) he steps on a pressure switch, allowing a magma passage to open immediately behind where he was kept. Be sure to keep the initial switch(es) the kobold steps on to be activated by the magma as well so that it constantly flows.

Watch him run away from the magma and dodging all sorts of traps (some of which open more magma openings if he chooses wrong, and others simple easy-to-dodge traps or cage traps, provided he's skilled enough), and some clear paths. And as a final trial, have two pressure switches setup before the exit. One of which opens a floodgate to freedom, and another dropping him 1-Z into a pit just before the exit (loose floor), letting him cook in the magma just before the exit, possibly unconscious.

Of course, the floodgate is magma-proof, and can only be opened up by the kobold stepping on it on the way out. Of course, if he misses the opportunity to exit, he'll have to hit it again.

EDIT:
You can also have a possible water trap as well, forcing him towards either the exit, or into the magma encasing him in obsidian (depending on where he stands when it releases), and making use of the gauntlet as an obsidian factory.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 03:50:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 06:19:26 pm »

Alright, the cages are built, the levers linked and the audience eager! Place your bets! The contestants are:
Drikitrulus the Kobold,
2 Horse foals,
an olmman,
and a raccoon!
(sorry if that seems boring, but the Kobold is damaged from his caging and needs easy targets)

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 08:03:53 pm »

I place no less than ten dwarfbucks on our friend Drikitrulus!
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3