Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarves in SPACE  (Read 2080 times)

Pure_W

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves in SPACE
« on: April 25, 2009, 07:37:34 am »

Hello!

This is a roleplay about, you guessed it, DF in space!

Story:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Map:

Currency:

Ships

Commodities:

Rules:

Could anyone help, and be a thread mod?  That is, help moderate the RP?

If you want to make suggestions please do, I would like a diverse selection of stuff in this.

From herein, I shall be IC unless otherwise stated.  Also keep an eye on this post.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:41:14 am by Pure_W »

Pure_W

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves in SPACE
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:42:30 am »

This is Captain Pure of the Starship Adamantine, does anybody read?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 12:33:47 pm »

Greetings Adamantine, this is Ukat of the DSS Magma Forged, reading you loud and clear.  You have the look of a mighty warrior indeed!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 12:51:49 pm »

Hello, this is Captain Anderson of the starship NMV GreenMars. Can anybody hear me?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 01:02:48 pm »

A menacing (but tiny and unarmed) black starship moves into view out from behind a nearby asteroid. Having not heard the captain of the NMV GreenMars, it hails and addresses the Starship Adamantine and the DSS Magma Forged.

"Well, it looks like we meet again, Captain Pure. Although I do not need an introduction, I will offer one for the sake of the Captain of the Magma Forged, who you seem to be busily harassing. I am Captain Inaluct of the starship Cellophane Breakfast. You no doubt must have heard of me. As you most likely know, Captain Pure and I are enemies. Nemesis-s, so to speak. You would do well to be wary of the deceptions and traps he will set against you."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 01:16:24 pm »

Some where, a black container, roughly the size of a coffin silently floats through the emptiness of space. It's surface is covered with all kinds of engravings, engravings which have been in perfect condition for centuries.
Many engravings are of carps, one image stand out, since it show people worshipping a carp.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:19:20 pm by Ultimuh »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 01:22:11 pm »

..... What the hell is a cellophane breakfast?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 02:34:09 pm »

"Looks like this patch of space is a regular watering hole in the desert today.  Look, dwarves, here ain't the place to be pullin' each others socks off.  We got space monkey's for one thing.  Caught one of the buggers trying to raid my pantry.  And there's some kobalds too.  You guys want to start a fight, wait 'till your on ground and can settle the matter with axes.  Looks like we got someone else out here too."'
Ukat flips the comm and asks herself "What the hell is a cellophane breakfast?" under her breath before hailing the green Mars.
"Hear you loud and clear, Green Mars.  Ukat of the Magma Forged here.  You hear anything about spacemonkey's or kobalds round this patch of space?"
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 03:05:40 pm »

" This is Hackett, Captain of the Lucky Bastard. She's a fine ship, and anyone who disagrees can meet my axe."
A small, old ship appears, covered in space junk. The communications channel blinks on and off, and it is clearly damaged.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 10:15:19 pm »

"Yeah, we got space monkeys something bad in the maintenance tunnels. We tried to get 'em by flushing the waste heat from the engine. Turns out that they're fireproof, which does not stop them from being pissed off by it. At least they later moved into the crawlspace under the floors."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 10:23:29 pm »

"If you think that space monkeys are bad, you should see space marmots. They gnaw the crap out of everything, and-"

High pitched chattering noises are heard, followed by screaming.

"Wait, I have to deal with this."

There are sounds of a struggle before the communications system cuts out into white noise. The Cellophane Breakfast careens wildly, narrowly missing a nearby asteroid. It zooms off into the distance, swerving uncontrollably.

Pure_W

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 04:35:42 am »

"They are really bad, want me to help, I've got tons of space repelent in my hold!"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 05:49:54 am »

" You have problems with space monkeys and marmots? You should see what I've got back here. I haven't been in the engine room since...five years ago. I'm not sure what it is, but it's big, evil, spiky and big. I tried flooding them out by crashlanding into the ocean, and it found a friend. The whole room is underwater. I'm not sure how the engines are still working."

There is a pause.

" Oh, actually they aren't. Guess...guess I have to go in. Uhh..I'd appreciate any help..."
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 06:10:34 am »

I'll help you!

here's my plan:

1. Connect crawlspace to engine room

2. Dump heat to crawlspace, flushing the moneys into the engine room

3. Either your problem is solved or mine is.

4 ???

5. Profit!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 06:40:05 am »

"The only problem is; the space monkey's will be killed by whatever I have back there. Your problem solved alright, but my one is not. Even if they would survive, I don't want to let space monkeys loose on my engine, so yeah, not gonna happen. I'm gonna fight these bastards! Raaaaaagh!"

He jumps off the chair and charges down the corridor towards the engine room.

" Taste my axe!"

He kicks the door open.

" Oh...I kinda forgot it was full of water.

There is a 'flooosh' sound and the communications system goes off.
Pages: [1] 2