Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106576 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #1245 on: September 12, 2009, 06:09:08 am »

Okay, y'see, I keep seeing these odd structured updates from you, kind of like your saying "I'll get to making those pictures EVENTUALLY so lets keep with that format. But I'm not seeing any new AsciiDraw images. Or at least you've never said anything like "Oh hey, added pictures to the last update" making it irrelevant. Also you misspell a few things like I do at times. Though these are mostly things (like me) that you would catch and as quickly immediately fix if you had seen them. Though let's not forget that NOW for some reason you are making pictures again for new updates, but it kind of seems like there's no time to do it, which counts towards my point in style, because their still awesome when you see them a sixtieth time. These are some great literary devices.

And as for style, I read back, and I gotta give you props for how easily you molded an world that can be expanded upon because you didn't leave plot holes.

And then how you laugh in our faces by destroying a third of that world by having it overrun by goblins and demons with fire cannons.

EDIT: ELABORATED.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:14:01 am by WorkerDrone »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 12, 2009, 06:16:43 am »

Okay, y'see, I keep seeing these odd structured updates from you, kind of like your saying "I'll get to making those pictures EVENTUALLY so lets keep with that format. But I'm not seeing any new AsciiDraw images. Or at least you've never said anything like "Oh hey, added pictures to the last update" making it irrelevant. Also you misspell a few things like I do at times. Though these are mostly things (like me) that you would catch as immediately fix if you saw them. Though let's not forget that NOW for some reason you are making pictures, which counts towards my point in style. These are some great literary devices.

Absolutely true, I agree completely. I am notoriously lazy and really couldn't keep to ascii pictures simply because I took too long to do them. Most of the time the story was ready way before the pics were, compounded by the fact I'm not that good at them and have to go really slowly. Here's what should happen.

a) Battles should (but won't always) have pictures.
b) Most other scenes won't.

Thanks for the feedback.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 12, 2009, 07:19:49 am »

FEED THE BEAST THAT IS YOUR MIND BROOOO.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 12, 2009, 07:21:35 am »

...what just happened?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 12, 2009, 07:31:46 am »

The question is, what DIDN'T happen.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #1250 on: September 12, 2009, 07:51:38 am »

*Shivers with disgust*
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 12, 2009, 07:56:52 am »

Sanity.

EDIT: Also. Jedi, Zombie Apocolypse, DF, A continuation of the storyline or Diablo III
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:23:39 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 12, 2009, 08:01:24 am »

*Shivers with disgust*

I see what you did there.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 12, 2009, 08:38:10 am »

Hey, I had to edit my last update a bit to make more sense. Try and discern things from it!

For those who don't want to look, here's the addition, spoken to Raptor after his demise.

"There are other factors as well. We cannot influence the mortal plane as much as you think."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 12, 2009, 08:51:27 am »

The Throne Room

Barbarossa threw the toe onto the floor.
“We killed your damned dragon.” he said. “Give us our money so we can get out of this place. I’m sick of your guilds and your wars and your Godsdamned dragons. ”
“Of course!” said the Warlord. His advisor gave him a sack, which he threw to Barbarossa. The dwarf caught it easily. It was extremely heavy and, checking inside it, did appear to be gold. He resolved to have it checked by an alchemist. “But I must speak to you. Come, walk with me.”
The Warlord turned and walked off. Barbarossa watched him for a second, before turning and walking out the door.
“Bastard,” he muttered. Passing through the doors, Workerdrone and Bardbeard fell into step with him.
“Got it?” inquired Workerdrone.
“Yes. Let’s get the hell out of here.”
They quickly left the building and, half an hour later, the city. Back in the throne room, the Warlord sat, fingers arched.
“See to it that if they come within bow range of the city again, they’ll be fired upon.”
His advisor nodded.
“Didn’t even think to ask. The fool. War will overtake him. He can’t run from it. My army will rule this land.”
The advisor quickly left the room. He always did when his master began to soliloquize.
“He could have joined me. He and his men could have been placed into a position to rule. Bah. Where is he? Arthur!”
The advisor re-entered. 
“My lord?”
“Tell my generals to muster their troops. The problem has been dealt with, we can move out.”
“And then you will lead a campaign and conquer the world.”
“And then,” said the Warlord with a dramatic flourish. “I will lead a campaign and conquer the world!” The advisor sighed, internally, and left.
The Warlord sat down. Things would come to fruition soon. Everything made so much more sense when he was in the throne room.
Looking down at his sword, he smiled. Looking back up, he screamed. In front of him floated what appeared to be a mishmash of pulsating meat and gristle.
“Who are you?” he whispered, to afraid to draw his sword.
“An advisor.”

11 pm, The Camp of Eli Eremo

Walter lay on his bedroll. He was glad they were out of the snow. It was so much nicer sleeping out under the stars. He – his thoughts were cut off by the hands closing around his neck. He struggled for several seconds, before blacking out. The three men quickly lifted him up and set off.
“Why is he so keen, anyway?”
“He’s his son. I don’t think he needs a reason.”
“Whose there?” called out Urist. “Hello?”
shit. Run.”
By the time Urist got to where they had been they were long gone.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:53:54 am by Jackrabbit »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 12, 2009, 10:10:53 am »

Kogan's Journal

Bardbeard Barbarossa and Bastard are back; they have gold; looks like gold at least. Something not right about that warlord, but what can I do. I can't lead us out of it, I couldn't even save my unit. I couldn't save them, I couldn't save my family, my family couldn't save Winddimples, it runs in my damned blood.

I'm beginning to question if I'm writing coherently, 7 mugs of scrumble might do that.

I wonder if I was insane this whole time. Maybe pappy Truebasements never talked to me, maybe I was just re-assuring myself that there was hope. Maybe I'm insane.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 12, 2009, 12:00:15 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

Well, I got all sobered up when I saw that gold. Gold! Lots and lots of gold!

"You seem to really like gold. Is there any reason behind that?"
I'm a dwarf. Also, gold is in the family!
"It is?"
You're an elf. You're smart. How haven't you figured it out?

Regardless of that, all of that gold made me think about my axe some. It's an artifact, alright; one of the least crazy, anyways. At least it doesn't menace with "spikes of leather" or something...

It has quite a history. The first Limul Thak was named for this artifact, due to its intricately made golden lock that connects the head and handle together. If you examine it closely, you'll notice that there's room for it to open, but nobody can figure out how... and nobody knows what that will do.

"Can I wager a guess?"
...No, no you can't. How did you figure it out already?
"It is rather obvious, is it not?"
You can figure out a millenium-old mystery but not how gold is in my family? The Limul Thak family?
"Wait... if that is but your surname, what is your first name?"
Don't have one. Don't ask why; I don't know.

So it seems like Navi knows stuff I don't, now... That's gonna bother me. I need another drink.

~LT
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 12, 2009, 10:02:49 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

"Hmm..."
What is it?
"This may be a strange question, but..."
Yes?
"Have you ever heard of a world called... er... Gielinor?"
...No, no I haven't.
"What about... Runescape?"
Um... yeah, I've dreamed about it before. Why?
"Nothing. Just a... feeling about that world. You have a link there somehow."
Well, the Limul Thaks are a prolific bunch.
"You have a nice job there. You guard a private mining area in some city called Keldagrim."
Keldagrim, eh? Sounds like a nice place. Anything else about it?
"Well, you did not exist there until a few days ago."
Now that's freaky.
"Yes, it is strange."
...You know what I'm gonna do?
"Will it involve alcohol?"
I'm going to get plastered on this drink I stole from the bar in town!
"Of course it involves alcohol..."

~LT

Apparently the name I suggested for one of the dwarves in the latest quest in Runescape was good enough for them. ;D
I don't care what you think about that game... I like it and this just made my day! :D
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 12, 2009, 10:27:05 pm »

I know! It makes my day when I ruin everyone else's too!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 12, 2009, 10:52:36 pm »

So Walter just died?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 105