Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106659 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #1050 on: July 29, 2009, 02:44:19 am »

I'm about to reveal Bomrek's actual secret and send him from the group temporarily.

EDIT: I'm going to PM my idea to Jackrabbit when I'm finished.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:59:14 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 29, 2009, 06:52:56 am »

Hey Jackrabbit are you still taking requests for villains? If you are could you please name something suitably evil after me. Thanks.

Great story. One of the best on the forums.

Oh, I missed this. I have just the thing!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 29, 2009, 07:15:18 am »

I'll be rereading this thread for all currently alive characters, and putting up as best a description based on their actions, with a little thrown in from descriptions if they were provided.

I remember TWO people so far, though three more are on the my mind that I KNOW exist. And there's probably six more people that actually matter enough to be included at this point.

So the group is around, like, fifteen. Or a little more. So I'll have a bit to write. reformat, cut, and leave to be poked and prodded by anyone who cares.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 29, 2009, 07:29:12 am »

I have a confession. Apart from Fil and CrazyFace, I've forgotten the other two applicants and can't seem to find there applications. Could they repost them?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 29, 2009, 08:15:44 am »

*Sigh*

When was the last time you actually gave your thread a read through?

Kroack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 29, 2009, 11:11:14 am »

Hey Jackrabbit are you still taking requests for villains? If you are could you please name something suitably evil after me. Thanks.

Great story. One of the best on the forums.

Oh, I missed this. I have just the thing!

Thanks!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 29, 2009, 11:17:03 am »

Wait, so is this like a spin-off story? Does it continue to follow the main story? Is it just a non-canon fanfic sort of thing?

Feel free to drag Kogan along, whatever you do.

Also, I'm thinking of making an application for a villain character, thinking some kind of evil strategist that serves another warlord than Eli Eremo.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 29, 2009, 11:39:54 am »

Nope its a forum game.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 29, 2009, 12:05:45 pm »

So what's happened since july 16th? I'm too lazy to read the last 30 pages.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 29, 2009, 04:21:40 pm »

So what's happened since july 16th? I'm too lazy to read the last 30 pages.

I've been lazy. I'm writing an update, I just can't seem to find two applications. Also, WD's doing a forum game.

EDIT: What is it anyway, WD? I'm worried about cluttering the thread.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:16:08 pm by Jackrabbit »

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 29, 2009, 10:05:25 pm »

I'll be rereading this thread for all currently alive characters, and putting up as best a description based on their actions, with a little thrown in from descriptions if they were provided.

I remember TWO people so far, though three more are on the my mind that I KNOW exist. And there's probably six more people that actually matter enough to be included at this point.

So the group is around, like, fifteen. Or a little more. So I'll have a bit to write. reformat, cut, and leave to be poked and prodded by anyone who cares.

I'm glad that I've made your job all the more difficult by giving my character no backstory or multi-dimensionality.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 30, 2009, 09:27:56 am »

I'm glad that I've made your job all the more difficult by giving my character no backstory or multi-dimensionality.

Meh, every group needs a Belkar. Where's Mr. Scruffy?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 30, 2009, 11:57:04 pm »

We probably ate him.

The Golden Arrow

They were walking back. Oldbeard had just finished explaining the ‘handcannon’ he had crafted.
“Bloody hell,” said Kogan. “Doesn’t it misfire?”
“Occasionally,” said Oldbeard. “But only occasionally.”
As they entered the bar, Oldbeard was immediately set upon by a breathless human, who grasped him by the hand and shook it, vigorously.
“Well done, good sir dwarf! I saw you deal with those fiends! Well done!”
Oldbeard was thrown off balance. People weren’t meant to be this polite…
“Thank ye,” he said, gruffly, before shaking the man off. The man bustled past him and out the door.
“Bloody sycophants,” grunted Oldbeard.
“You are aware, Oldbeard, that that’s the first person you don’t know that’s ever given you some respect?” said Bardbeard.
“Shut up,” muttered Oldbeard. They spied Barbarossa in the corner of the bar, sitting with two dwarves that they didn’t know. They walked over.
“And what weapon do you prefer to use Fil?” Barbarossa asked one of the dwarves.
“Sword,” replied Fil. He looked rather bedraggled and extremely young. “I’m also handy with a mace, but I’d prefer not to use it.”
“What’s going on here Barbarossa?” asked Bardbeard.
“Recruiting,” replied Barbarossa. “We’re famous now, apparently. These two lads knew where we were and came to join up. Roving mercenaries I’d assume?” he looked at the two dwarves, who nodded.
“So, Fil, what combat experience do you have?” asked Barbarossa.
Fil looked up at them and the firelight was reflected in his eye, causing him to look almost demonic.
“The demon war,” he whispered. Barbarossa’s mouth dropped open.

Olatphisphar, the west, almost a year ago

The dwarf marched up to his captain and saluted.
“Sir! We’ve discover this lad, hiding in the food stocks, sir!” he threw a young dwarf to the ground in front of the captain.
“Is that so?” asked the captain. He knelt slightly, so he was nose to nose with the young dwarf. “What were you doing in there lad?”
“I was looking around,” the dwarf replied. “My mother abandoned me here. I don’t really know where I am.”
“Your mother abandoned you?” said the captain, shocked. “Why would she do such a thing?”
“My father was killed in a goblin ambush. My mother put me on a boat with one of the family servants. We were floating for an age. Eventually, the food because mouldy and some of it was poisoned. The man tasked with protecting me died eating it. I jumped ship and I’ve been looking for food ever since.”
“Well, if that’s not a story and a half,” said the captain. He appeared to ponder something for a moment. “How are you with a sword lad?”
The dwarf brightened up. “Pretty good, sir. My father used to spar with me every day.”
“Well, that’s good. Lad, how’d you like to join up with us?”
“That… I’d like that. I’d like that a lot,” said the young dwarf.
“Well what’s your name lad?”
“Fil, sir. Fil Swordstab.”
A few months later and Fil was a part of Karis’ Fifth spears, an assortment of sworddwarves, axedwarves and crossbowdwarves. They were tasked with defending the trading hub of Olatphisphar, a human city. Fil was a respected soldier, with some skill with a blade. But, like many other cities, the place was sieged. The garrison could not hold out and they were forced to retreat to the only place available. The sea. Fil’s boat was clipped with a fireball and he was knocked unconscious and sent drifting for several days. By some unearthly luck, he washed up on the shore of Othtar Noloc and spent a few months doing mercenary work.

The Golden Arrow

“And then I heard of your group and how you’d supposedly come from another part of the world and I put two and two together,” finished Kil. Barbarossa was suddenly aware his mouth was still open. He shut it.
“Well, you guessed right. Okay, you’re in. Head upstairs and introduce yourself. Welcome to Eli Eremo.” He shook Kil’s hand. Kil left up the stairs. Barbarossa turned to the other dwarf.
“I assume you’re from Othtar Noloc?” he asked. The dwarf nodded. “What’s your name?”
“Kat. I’m an engineer,” Kat replied.
“Oh? Any weapons skills?” asked Barbarossa.
“Not really. I can handle a crossbow. Not well, but well enough.”
“Well, you could certainly help out Oldbeard. You’re in. Head upstairs.”
They shook hands and Kat moved up the stairs. Barbarossa looked up at them.
“Okay,” he said. “What’s–”
“Twenty for the gibbet and not a penny less!” came a cackle. They turned around. There was a dwarf coming through the door. His beard was black and matted, his hair the same and, whilst in great shape, he exuded the demeanour of someone rather odd. This was further reinforced by his eyes, which twinkled and gave no small doubt that the dwarf was mad.
“Yes?” said Bardbeard. “Who’re you?”
“I be well there’s a pretty thing lad! And no mistake there’s a nice walnut in it for ye if me name’s Crazyface nuncle!”
“Um,” said Kogan. “He’s insane.”
“Oh psht,” said Oldbeard dismissively. “We had far more insane people in the good old days. Why, I remember this one man, Felcodonius, crazy as a bag of cats and a banana, and banana’s are pretty crazy, which is why when we were on the banana standard…” Once he’d started there was no stopping him. About twenty or so minutes later, Oldbeard concluded his story. “And the tree bark became sentient and took dominance over the kingdom of the carrots.” Barbarossa lifted his head from the table. He sighed, a sound matched by all the other dwarves save one.
“Hey,” said Kogan. “Look at Crazyface, or whatever his name is.”
Crazyface was sitting, looking at Oldbeard with rapt attention, an expression akin to awe on his face.
“That was the most interesting thing I’ve ever heard!” he cried, and suddenly his eyes were as sharp as daggers.
“Oh, are you sane now?” asked Barbarossa, suspiciously. The moment he began speaking, Crazyface’s eyes dulled again.
“As a blueberry bush, so too goats chocolate rain. Nuncleuncleuncleuncle…” said the dwarf, before collapsing into a fit of giggles.
“Oh sod this,” said Workerdrone. He grabbed Crazyface by the arm. Six or seven very busy seconds later and he was flat on his face, Crazyface’s hands raised in a defensive position. Kogan was roaring with laughter. Workerdrone bounded to his feet.
“Shut up you ignorant bastard. I’m going to kill this little shit,” he growled, moving towards Crazyface but Barbarossa put a hand on his arm.
“No,” he said. “He seems to want to follow us and if he can throw you onto your face in a second–”
“He surprised me,” interrupted Workerdrone.
“Fine, but if he can do it in the first place, he might be useful. You want to come with us?” he asked the dwarf. Crazyface stared back.
“Do you want to come with us?” asked Oldbeard.
“Oh, of course,” said the dwarf immediately.
“Well, that’s settled,” said Kogan. “Now, Barbarossa, those men we killed were after us because we apparently have gotten some kind of contract from the warlord without our knowledge. It’s a good one, but it’ll be difficult.”
“Well, at least he’s not asking us to kill a dragon,” chuckled Barbarossa.
“Oh, so you do know?” said Kogan. Barbarossa’s head hit the table.
“I swear,” he mumbled. “If I live to 1200, I’ll never learn to keep my mouth shut.” He looked up. “Alright, get everyone down here now.”
“Don’t worry about it lad,” said Oldbeard. “I’ve got to show you this! I think you’ll like it,” he reached for his belt. He froze, before patting himself down furiously. “Shit
“What is it?” asked Barbarossa.
“That bastard who congratulated me on the way in,” said Oldbeard, turning red with rage. “He’s stolen it. The Godly Swords have my handcannon.”

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 31, 2009, 12:29:55 am »

MURDER THEM! TAKE IT BACK! EAT THEIR FLESH!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 31, 2009, 02:45:09 am »

Olon is displeased.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 105