Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106668 times)

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #1035 on: July 27, 2009, 01:02:08 am »

While I'm not a huge fan of the somewhat questionable smokey flashey weapons, they do make loud noises. Count me in.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 27, 2009, 01:27:20 am »

Haha. Dwarfs with guns= awesome. Crazy dwarfs with guns= Crazy Awesome!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 27, 2009, 03:17:09 am »

Give Vilien a pistol instead of a rifle. So he can still use a sword or whatever.

Infact, give him a rapier. That sounds pretty badass actually.

Still not changing Olon out of his gold plated armour and axe crazyness.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 27, 2009, 10:29:41 am »

I think we can divide this into two seasons at this point. I like the way the story's going, but I notice it's drastically shifted to the original style of storytelling, which was more about individuals battles in a war between the dwarves and goblins. Now it's about the survivors of the dwarves fighting in another war between humans, with several dozen subplots running around unhindered.

I would compare it to the evolution of the Order of the Stick. Originally, something simple with a simple premise, but slowly growing into a much larger and grander thing, slightly less funny (but still funny) but a better story overall.

I'm still wondering what Labs could possibly have to do with this story, besides slaying a dragon, considering he is one of the more useless dwarf professions.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 27, 2009, 01:04:20 pm »

Hey, fishing and wrestling are VERY helpful. :P
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 27, 2009, 06:21:55 pm »

Aw, thanks CJ. As for Labs, yes, you'll help.

Kroack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 28, 2009, 11:39:25 am »

Hey Jackrabbit are you still taking requests for villains? If you are could you please name something suitably evil after me. Thanks.

Great story. One of the best on the forums.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 28, 2009, 12:50:35 pm »

I'm stealing Eli Eremo from you. Just for a little while. IT'LL BE COOL, AND TOTALLY NOT CANON. I PROMISE. I'LL TOTALLY BRING THEM BACK.

WorkerDrone has his fingers crossed behind his back.

Oh, and heres a test application for BoTG.

I KNOW I didn't get everyone, and two people must write something for their heroes, as they are the only ones I'm vetoing completely to take part in this. Whether they like it or not.

The rest of you don't have a choice, come forward. NOW.

Oh and Jackrabbit, you're Mercenary Band, you're history, you write it. DOIT.

Application:

Eli Eremo

Deity:

Various, most having a panthenon, though religion was never a large application worry for being a Dwarf. Most have a few connections to the Blood God, while others seek to worship fine booze more than anything else. Every Dwarf has a craft of some sort, so they probably worship that.

Race:

One morning after after rubbing the grit out of my eyes, I crawled out of the hole I had found for myself after the latest batch of adventures clear my cave. There was the stoutest and buisiest group of fellows I had ever seen. I crawled closer, sniffing at a barrel they had left lying behind their wooden cart, my eyes glazing over. Booze...and than I noticed the crossbow bolts flying through the air. -Thurlysukuge, Kobold Thief, on Dwarves.

Civilization:

Eli Eremo, or The Blades of Bashing in Human, which had been used to name the band as they traisped about in Othtar Noloc, a mostly human continent, was and is a band of Dwarves who had accomplished many a great task, and includes quite a few oddities within its ranks. The Mercenary band, once soldiers of a Dwarven civilization on a continant wrought with political strife within in ranks, least of all between its ruler and its military commander, and the total invaision and genocide by dark powers at work, led it across an ocean to a continant with just as many problems.

Artifacts:

Oldbeard - Oldest Dwarf. Ever.

The 'Hotshot' - A contraption Oldbeard designed and created, using his newfound Mad Dwarf Engineering skills, is the first in many such inventions of his, to professionalize lighting people on fire. The design set in stone, is that you pull the trigger, and a gout of searing torrent rips out and incinerates all in its path. Clunky, deadly at short range, its almost been shelved due to the advent of...

The Handcannon - A big boomer Oldbeard designed, and keeps adding to, as Oldbeard is ALWAYS in existence. Oldest Dwarf Ever. The weapon is basically a precise killing machine, speedloaded by hand, using black powder, a readily applied resource, and lead or whatever else is used pellets, to pound home a high velocity missile to an enemy. While a realistic design would have a REGULAR handcannon fire inaccurately huge shots, Oldbeard somehow got his design pattern mixed up, and it fires supremely accurately. But let's just say its not going to replace the Hotshot. Yet.

THE GOLD PLATED ARMOUR - Olon's RIDICULOUS Armour is worthy of SMALL note. Seriously, how does he carry around that Gold plated steel armour through battle? The point is he does, and it doesn't slow him down a bit.

The Axe - Another oddity, a talking axe that a certain member had kept secret this entire time. Bromrek had kept it secret this entire time, and he still intends too. (Interpretation of Bomrek is still ENTIRELY up to Archangel. I'll hardly touch him.)

(The) Heroes (of Eli Eremo):

'Captain' Barbarossa: Once a simple recruit of a Dwarf, wielding his Crossbow for the Royal Armies, the militarized fist of the king, and strong arm of General Cog's Regime, he was the one to return from a failed expedition to find out what had happened to a certain outpost in the Northlands, where their story all began, and supposedly would end. Quickly promoted to Captain at the start of the Demon War for his many services after recovery and debriefing by Cog's officers, he lead many skirmish against the goblin menace, and followed the band of Dwarves, who's fates would intersect the moment two Regiments of the Royal Army, the Swords and the Axes, we're merged together. While some we're lost, he remained. And he is firm on his leadership of the band, and their survival in a increasingly harsh world...and he still plans revenge on the demons that killed his own Captain.

Oldbeard: Interpretations open to TNME.

Bromrek: Same as Oldbeard. Ex-Goretrooper.

Kogan: Son of the great founder of Winddimples, the Mountainhome said to contain the greatest treasure any single Mountainhome had ever forged, hidden away inside its very depths. He has made it his single goal, to return home after the fighting is done, and reclaim Winddimples, the city which is rightfully his. That and killing Olon Irongloves.

Labs: Labs is a Dwarf who's comparably burned out on the war as any other, yet he had made it clear he was intent on following out a quiet career strong arming traders in ports as a Fisherboat Captain. He shall be sorely missed. Or will he?

Olon Irongloves: Ex-Goretrooper, a warrior, and a bard! So he states. He wields two axes, and wears golden armour. He loves fighting, and drinking, and he has a checkered past with many a lass. In fact, he has made it a goal not to die, so as to return to certain unfinished business. He keeps a trunk full of journals of his past campaigns, which are filled to the brim with songs and ramditions, poems and stories, and certain...materials he'd rather not get into the heads of his fellow Dwarves. He takes a certain stance on religion, in that he makes blood for the Blood God, and does battle for all gods, he worships no god, and he goes to where the fighting's best in the afterlife. And explicitly states on the matter "...and if anyone of those godly louts wants to stop me, they can face me in a fist fight." Secondary goal is killing Kogan.

History:

Trust me.

It'll be glorious.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:53:53 pm by WorkerDrone »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 28, 2009, 12:52:22 pm »

This will involve my death, won't it...
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 28, 2009, 12:54:17 pm »

Totally not.

I'm am SO not allowed to kill people off.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 28, 2009, 01:16:55 pm »

May i be in this legendary story?
Name:Fil Swordstab

if backstory is allowed...

Family:Unknown
He was abadnoned by his parents at the start of the demon war.They took a boat and gave the servent orderes to gaurd and feed the young baby on the boat, unfortunatly some of the supplies became infested with mold,the servent let himself
die for the young baby
Race:whatever works.Dwarf preferably.

Wait... i already signed up??!?!?!?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:05:20 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 28, 2009, 04:23:40 pm »

Stats to come when jackrabbit says i can.

Fear not, I have you planned for the next update. I just need to head back and check the application.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 28, 2009, 10:44:43 pm »

Oldbeard travels to the new world. Call him an old, old, bitter, old, perpetually annoyed, old, extremely inventive, old, battle-loving, old dwarf who is very old. He hates everything, loves almost nothing and is liable to shoot you just because your face is too high up. Shuffles slowly and carries a big gun.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 28, 2009, 11:15:29 pm »

Did you mention that he's old because I don't think you did?
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 28, 2009, 11:32:32 pm »

Name:Fil Swordstab

if backstory is allowed...

Family:Unknown
He was abadnoned by his parents at the start of the demon war.They took a boat and gave the servent orderes to gaurd and feed the young baby on the boat, unfortunatly some of the supplies became infested with mold,the servent let himself
die for the young baby
Race:whatever works.Dwarf preferably.

Wait... i already signed up??!?!?!?

I could have sworn you did. Maybe I'm wrong. Ah well.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 105