Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106691 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The plight of Eli Eremo
« Reply #825 on: June 27, 2009, 01:40:59 am »

Screw it I concede defeat.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 01:43:35 am by WorkerDrone »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 27, 2009, 02:21:43 am »

It's not really worth arguing over anyway. Religion, now theres something I could get my teeth into.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 27, 2009, 02:38:13 am »

It's not really worth arguing over anyway. Religion, now theres something I could get my teeth into.
I'm a Quaker.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 27, 2009, 02:44:53 am »

I'm a Quaker.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Okay, I lied. I don't give a rat's ass about religion and almost never argue about it.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 27, 2009, 02:47:02 am »

I'm a Quaker.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Okay, I lied. I don't give a rat's ass about religion and almost never argue about it.
Never say anything you don't mean.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 27, 2009, 03:21:39 am »

I shall lie to whoever, thank you. No, I'm lying, I wouldn't do that  ;D. Anyway, because I spent most of today finishing a GalCiv 2 game on the largest map size (Diplomatic victory, the lazy mans conquest) and updating my RTD, I have here, a prelude and nothing more. Actual, actual update tomorrow, I PROMISE. I really promise. Unless something comes up. But I'll try and prevent that if it does. Anyway, onward.

Nazushfikuk

Galdon Mezoran looked out at the camp of invaders. He still wasn’t sure what side to take. But he would end up on that battlefield, he knew. He was worried about the numbers, though. They only had three thousand men. It was the Gods blessing that one third of that number consisted of… Today would be an interesting battle.

The camp of the invading army

“Why did we come here first again?” asked Vilien.
“Because,” said Bjorn. “It’s normally far more difficult to join the besieged due to there being a wall in the way. This is easier and therefore, first. That’s how it works.”
They were getting dirty looks from some of the men in the camp.
“You there!” called Bjorn. “Direct us to your commander’s tent, if you please!”
The man grunted and pointed to a tent. The group headed over.
“The commander’s tent is within thirty feet of the front of the camp,” said Barbarossa. “Why is that?”
“He’s showing off,” replied Bjorn. “Wants to prove he’s tough.”
“Ah,” said Barbarossa. They walked up to the guard.
“I need to speak with your commander,” said Bjorn, trying to sound intimidating.
“aw’ight, e’s through there,” replied a bored looking guard. They walked through. At a round, roughly made wooden table sat a man in red and silver armour, flanked by two men wielding poleaxes. The guard followed the company through.
“Sir, a company wishes to speak with you,” he said, saluting.
“You may go,” said the commander, not bothering to return the salute. The man left.
“What is it you wish, gritsuckers?” asked the man. Workerdrone’s eye twitched.
“We to know how much you are willing to pay us to work for you,” said Barbarossa, ignoring the ‘gritsucker’ comment.
“Oh? Well you should know something,” said the man. Bjorn was studying him closely. I know you… He gasped. Oh no.
“I am the commander of the third army of the glorious Warlord Gardar, and I am tasked to take this city by whatever means necessary. I do not deal with gritsuckers. You now work for me, slaves.”
“Right! That settles it, we’re working for the besieged,” said Workerdrone.
”Wh-“ began the commander.
“No, shut it, we don’t give a damn,” said Workerdrone. “You had a chance and you blew it, let’s kill this fool.”
The man was going red with rage.
“You Gods damned dipshit, did you really think that’d work?” Vilien asked the now fuming man.
GUARDS!” he screamed, but suddenly, there came a commotion from outside. He, his aids and the group rushed out. The gates to enter the city had opened and men riding horses were rushing out.
“Oh Gods, they’re sallying,” said Bjorn.
“What, does this mean we’re trapped in the middle of two large armies?” asked Workerdrone.
“Yes,” said Barbarossa. “exactly.”
Alright” said Workerdrone. Barbarossa shook his head.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 27, 2009, 04:01:05 am »

Meanwhile, outside.....

Oldbeard: "I'm telling you, I'm not yer damn grandpa!"

Guard: "But you look just like him, act like him and sound like him."

Oldbeard: I'm too young to be yer grandpa, you amur-lŒnem izeg!"

Guard: "You even use the same insults as him..... How old are you, anyway?"

Oldbeard: "Them's is dwarf insults, how does he know them!? Also, I'm (Oldbeard's age), and don't you forget it, youngster!"

Guard: "Are you blind you old git, I'm a dwarf! Also, I seriously doubt your that old, that's something like five hundred times the dwarvern lifespan.
"
Oldbeard: "Wha? ....err....I...knew that..... Also, I am so that old, I've even got the history books to prove it ya damned youngster hippie!"

Guard:"...history books?"

Oldbeard:"yep, right in me pack." He takes the book out, it's far too big to have fit in his pack.

Guard:"Still don't belive you."

Oldbeard:"Fine, suit yerself you ignerant young agak-gasol." He then goes to join the others inside.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 27, 2009, 09:39:07 am »

First speaking line bitches. Also, I'm going to be on vacation for a week with no internet access, meaning the suspense of anticipating this battle is going to be killing me.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 27, 2009, 09:49:43 am »

Nobody make a joke about there not being an update by then. My childishness know no bounds when it comes to detaching body parts.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 27, 2009, 09:57:45 am »

*Oldbeard bursts in and knocks out Jackrabbit with his cane*

"Back in my day we used to have updates on the electron-tube-mo-webbing 15 times a day! Nowadays you'll be lucky to get one a week you are! Why if I was in charge I'd show you youngsters what-fer I would! I'd show you how  to update one of these web-mo-jiggers once a day. See, ya just gotta....."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 27, 2009, 10:21:52 am »

Kogan's thoughts

Damn it Vilien, let me speak!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war
« Reply #836 on: June 28, 2009, 09:31:13 pm »

Holy crap, I'm so sorry. No picture in this, because imageshack is once again being a bastard. However, in two day's I'm increasing my download limit to 20 Gig so that shouldn't happen again, so expect pictures in two days time. Also, tell me what you think of the extend combat descriptions. People with characters not yet added, that'll happen next update.

The camp

Men were rushing out from all sides, in complete pandemonium, trying to obtain weapons and get their armour on and get to the front of the camp, all at once. The dwarves and men of Eli Eremo were a rock in the middle of a raging sea, the mercenaries breaking around them.
“Kill the dwarves, kill the dwarves!” screeched the commander.
“Oh he-“ began Vilien before Kogan cut him off.
“Not now, let’s just get out of here,”
The dwarves began to run, all except Workerdrone, who pulled out his axes and removed the commanders legs, followed by his head.
“WHO’S A GRITSUCKER NOW?” he roared, before running out of the  camp with the other dwarves. It was a blessing that the entrance was so close, or they might have been brought down beforehand. As it was, the two men who had been guarding the Commander charged them. Humaan drew his sword and parried a blow from the guard’s poleaxe, then grabbed it and wrenched it out of his grip. The man simply drew his sword and charged. He swung down viciously, a blow which Humaan only just managed to block, before slashing upwards. Humaan stumbled back, then thrust. The man jumped to the side but knocked into another man, rushing to get to the rapidly growing pool of mercenaries, and stumbled. Humaan stabbed again, thrusting his sword into his opponents armour and driving it home, piercing his heart. The man die almost instantly. Meanwhile, Raptor was under attack. His battle didn’t last as long, as Ryan let loose a bolt that stabbed deeply into the shoulder of the man, causing him to drop his poleaxe and grasp the wound, allowing Raptor to lop off his head.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

“Now what?” asked Barbarossa, impressed.
“Now,” said Kogan. “I suggest we get out of here.”
A low horn sounded. The line of horsemen had begun to move.
“Oh Gods… That’s Quirin’s Crimson Hooves,” said Bjorn. “The biggest and the best cavalry company there is. They number about a thousand. We need to get out of here now.”
They were standing a short distance behind the still unprepared invasion force, but before they had a chance to run-
“Hey, dwarves!”
“What the hell are they doing here?”
“Yrjar, take your company and get rid of them! Where the hell is the commander?”
“Oh hell,” said Bardbeard. “Get back into the camp!”
The cavalry were about half a mile away, and getting closer by the second. The dwarves ran for the camp, follow by about forty men, probably Yrjar’s company. They made it into the camp, turned around… phwush

Crossbows fired, trying to take out the horsemen. Some fell but with a colossal crash, with neighing and screaming, with sword on sword and sword on bone, the cavalry thundered into the line. Instantly, the mass of men was pushed back and the entire length of the line buckled. But they held firm and suddenly both sides were fighting for their live, screaming in terror, pain and anger. Behind them, the rest of the garrison was charging across the field.
“Holy hell,” said Kain, but the company had no time to stop and admire the view. The group of men chasing them had also stopped to watch the charge, but now they were focused on the dwarves and charging.
“Spread out!” called Barbarossa, just before the enemy crashed into them.
Barbarossa knocked the first man over with his crossbow and fired into him, point blank. The second man was more cautious and jump forward, stabbing low, but Barbarossa jump back. The man swung a wide and clumsy blow the he easily avoided, before jumping under his guard and skewering him on his bayonet, something Oldbeard had devised though for the life of him he couldn’t think why he hadn’t thought of it before. He shook his head and concentrated on the fight.

Workerdrone wasn’t really in any sort of duel. Axes are, by definition, the full stop on a short battle and he emphasized this by splitting his opponents head open. Pulling out the axe, he swung it at another person, who jump out of the way and tried to skewer him. The sword point hit him in the side and bounce off his armour, allowing him to bring his axe crashing down into the mans chest, crumpling the armour inwards with the force of the blow.

Humaan was surrounded by three men, two wielding swords and one holding a club. This was bad. Okay, left? Parried. Stab? Turned aside. He settled for jumping backwards, causing one of the men to step forward. He slashed at him, hitting him in the sword arm and denting the armour so that the man dropped his weapon. His friend came to his rescue, slashing upwards at Humaan and caught his sword, sending him stumbling backwards. He recovered and drove the sword into his opponent’s chest, splitting the chain mail and skewering him. The other man punched him in the head, sending him spinning around, his sword flailing wildly and due to some ridiculous stroke of luck, connecting with the man’s neck, cutting deeply into it and severing an artery. The man dropped backwards with a howl and bled to death in seconds. Humaan was on the ground at this point and the last man came up, raised his club and grinned. A bolt split his side, sending him careening into the ground. Forrest helped Humaan back to his feet.
“What d’you think you’re doing?” asked Humaan, annoyed. “That one was mine!”
“Ha ha,” replied Forrest. “Let’s get going.”

Bardbeard was fighting back to back with Tamunshin and they were proving to be an unstoppable force. Even if Tamunshin’s enormous blade didn’t sever an arm or pierce armour, it still shattered bones, whilst Bardbeard was quick to move in and finish off anyone who moved inside Tamunshin’s range. Bardbeard parried a hopeful attack but was drawn out in his attempt to kill his attacker, leaving Tamunshin undefended. Another combatant seized the moment, ducked under his sword and… stopped. He rocked for a moment, his lips turning dark blue and his skin turning white, before he fell backwards.
“Don’t fail me now. You need access to a corpse and if you die, the master will be… very upset…”
The lich’s mocking laughter rang in his ears as he reached into his pocket to grasp the crystal. It was so cold it burned. He couldn’t believe he had been forced into serving this damned thing. His thoughts were interrupted by another person attempting to kill him. He punched him in the groin, before bringing his sword up and shattering his chin, cutting deeply into it in the process.

Kain was having a harder time of it. Maces don’t have the reach of a sword and so he had to be careful and fast to get under the swings of an enemies blade, but he was managing it. One good thing about the mace was that it incapacitated easily, allowing more time to kill your opponent. His current opponent was at the moment actively trying to separate his head from his body. Kain danced under his swing and crashed his mace into the man’s leg, causing him to drop to the ground in pain. He was thrown backwards by the force of the next blow, which caught him on the chin.
Raptor wasn’t suited to a long skirmish, preferring to strike a single killing blow, but he had two people trying to kill him and he was parrying, counterthrusting, dodging, slashing, doing everything he could to find an opening. He found one. Dodging to the side and causing the man on the left to spin around, he drove his blade into the artery in the man’s leg. The other man jumped at him, roaring in indignation, but in the process leaving himself very, very open. Raptor’s blade caught him in the chest and his own momentum skewered him.
Ryan fired his crossbow, blowing his would-be opponent’s brains out the back of his head. He quickly fixed a bayonet onto his bow and charged. He skewered the midsection of the first man he encountered, but was caught off guard by the second, who managed to cut into his side with his spear, a painful, but non-fatal wound. He managed to knock the spear aside and stab the man, killing him, but was forced to fall back.
Kogan was actually having fun. No-one had managed to get near him yet, and the death toll was rising. Another man came at him, and he blocked the blow, kicked the man’s legs out from under him and stabbed him in the head.
Vilien was, uncharacteristically, not screaming abuse. The fact that he had three opponents to deal with had something to do with it. Instead, he settled for cutting one’s legs out from under him, bringing his head in line with his sword. He severed it. Turning, he narrowly avoided a spear from the second man.
“You motherless son of a whoremonger!” he screamed, grabbing the pole. He yanked it, overbalancing the man and bringing him in range of his sword, which soon came into contact with his head. The third man jumped at him in a rage, shielding himself with his kite shield, axe extended. Vilien moved aside, blocked the brutal blow from the axe and stabbed right through the man’s shoulder. He head butted him, yanked the sword out and stabbed him again, through the head.
“You fool,” he muttered.
Walter was having an easier time than most of the dwarves because he was naturally able to reach other humans. This made him, in the enemie’s eye, the biggest threat. What this meant was he now had five men, three with poleaxes and two with swords, bearing down on him. He grinned, sheathed his sword and fiddled with his gauntlet.
PHOOSH
The resulting flame was fearsome, enfolding the men. Their screams were horrific, but Walter ignored them, drew his saber and cut the men down where they stood. He turned, to see another two men standing there, one with his axe raised high-
PHWOOM
They were both blown aside like dolls as Oldbeard’s hotshot hit them. In one of the most grotesque things Walter had ever seen, they were splattered onto the taunt stretch of one of the tents. He almost vomited.
“C’mon know laddie, you can handle it! Why, in my day we splattered people all over the walls all the time and thought nothing of it! Well, Davis Rockfist did. Before the guard’s got to him. He was a creepy bastard, he was,” said Oldbeard, coming up beside him.
Limul Thak was wielding his axe with vigour, crushing armour and bone alike, as well as cutting through flesh. He turned. Three people were charging towards him. Oh hell. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his crystal, the crystal he had found, abandoned on the shore before they were captured.
Navi! he called, desperately trying to get the attention of the long dead elf that had crafted the crystal, and now had taken residence in his skull.*
Now? came the voice.
Now! he said, desperately.
CRACK
Lightning lanced out from the gem, smashing into the charging men, throwing them backwards and killing them instantly. Limul pocketed the gem, but was overcome with tiredness and dropped to the ground.
Oh no. Are you alright? I was afraid that might happen. We aren’t going to be able to do that all that often. came Navi’s worried voice.
“It’s okay, I can stand,” he assured the elf. He staggered to his feet. He felt like he was going to drop dead for exhaustion. He turned, and saw two men advancing cautiously towards him. He didn’t have the strength to raise his weapon. Oh Gods…
Bromrek appeared out of nowhere, dancing across the two men, his axe gleaming with blood. He backed off and the two men lay dead upon the ground. He turned and grabbed Limul, who had almost fallen.
“You okay?” he asked.
“Yeah… I’ll be fine,” said Limul.
“They’re retreating!” called Barbarossa. It was true. Those few men that remained were running back towards the rapidly thinning line of men, who were now under attack from the full three thousand strong force that made up the besieged, and were suffering from repeated charges from the mobile cavalry. They looked like they would break at any second.
“Run for your lives!” came the call.
They broke.
“Oh, hell,” Said Barbarossa. “Into the tents! Find cover in the tents!”
The dwarves broke for the tents as the invading army fled backwards, towards the camp. They were not pursued as both sides had taken heavy casualties. The dwarves were safe, as the men streamed past them, trying to get as far away as possible. In a few minutes, it was over. The dwarves emerged and gathered together.
“What now?” asked Bardbeard.
“I say, we go over there, and try to find employment,” said Bjorn.
“What, over to the massive army?” asked Kogan.
“Yes. We need a white flag,” said Bjorn.
“We aren’t surrendering,” said Workerdrone firmly.
“No, but it means they won’t attack us on sight,” said Bjorn.
“Okay, we do that,” said Barbarossa. “But, uh, Limul. What the hell was that earlier?”
“I have no idea sir,” said Limul, breathing deeply. He was feeling better.
“Hm,” said Barbarossa. “Okay, let’s get a flag made. Later, we drink to our victory!”
The dwarves cheered.

*Just explaining it for those who don't read the journals
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:09:42 am by Jackrabbit »

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 29, 2009, 12:20:20 am »

Excellent job!
the additional combat info certainly keeps interest
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 29, 2009, 12:41:29 am »

Thanks!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 29, 2009, 01:22:33 am »

Very nice. I see improvement from the usual 'I smash you. You are dead.'

I even saw a few DODGES. Instead of wreckless charges.

:P

Anyway. FINALLY. Update.

The gods are appeased.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 105