Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106641 times)

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The plight of Eli Eremo
« Reply #690 on: June 12, 2009, 11:01:32 pm »

The disembodied recordings of Tamunshin's life:

It was dark, but that had never stopped him before, if anything, he liked the dark. Darkness allowed for secrecy and guile not possible in the light. Many a dwarf had fallen to his hidden blades thanks to the cover it provided. If only they had understood. Tamunshin neared the exit, still undetected by all those still in the building. No mortal could stop me anyway. At last he escaped into the night.

He quickly reached the tomb. He had wished not to go into it, but alas, he could not fail the Immortal Lord. He would rather die a thousand deaths than betray Him. Especially after what He had blessed Tamunshin with. I wil not fail. He ventured into the blackness. He could feel the souls of all those who had passed through this area surrounding him, trying to take his soul with them. Suddenly, his amulet glowed brightly. He protects me even now, after my failure. My life for you Immortal Lord. He felt the souls immediately flee, they were no match for the power of his master. None can match his power.

He finally reached his destination. The room where the battle took place. The smell of death, of chaos, was powerful here. With the light from his amulet, it was short work finding the remains of the lich. He placed his hand slightly above them and muttered in an ancient language T'ier malhrek hrishan. A bright light flooded the room and he could feel the soul of the lich returning. His body reformed and soon, the lich was standing before him.

"You have done well, my master will be pleased." His voice boomed, echoing off the walls.
"I care not for your master, only for the wishes of the Immortal Lord".
"Hahaha. Not even your 'Immortal' Lord could stand up to my master. It is my master that has given you your sword, my master who helped you rejoin the dwarves. The 'Immortal' Lord has done nothing for you."
Tamunshin gave a short laugh.
"Know this, the Immortal Lord will soon bring the holy light to this world, and when he does, you and all the evils and heretics of these lands will be consumed by its brilliance and cast down into the Abyss, and when this happens, I will return to his side and watch as you are subjected to everlasting torment."

With that, Tamunshin turned and left, stopping only to pick up a bracer off one of the skeletons, he examined it for a moment, then placed it on his wrist and walked out. A shame, Horald was a good warrior, and a friend .

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope I didn't go overboard with it there, but I had left it for a while without adding anything.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 12, 2009, 11:17:26 pm »

It is a well-known fact that ancient creatures are sensitive to evil. As a result of this, Oldbeard's teeth stung like crazy when the lich returned; which is to say that they would have, if they hadn't been removed from his jaw in a variety of ways during his long life. At least he has good dentures. So he sat, munching popped corn, and waiting for the two twits to begin their fight.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 12, 2009, 11:21:10 pm »

I made a couple paint dwarves. Presenting...

Barbarossa

Limul Thak

Oldbeard

sorry, oldbeard was kinda rushed.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 12, 2009, 11:22:37 pm »

It is a well-known fact that ancient creatures are sensitive to evil. As a result of this, Oldbeard's teeth stung like crazy when the lich returned; which is to say that they would have, if they hadn't been removed from his jaw in a variety of ways during his long life. At least he has good dentures. So he sat, munching popped corn, and waiting for the two twits to begin their fight.

If a lich did turn up, his trick knee would act up. By blowing up. He's that awesome.

ALSO: Woo! Thread inspired artwork!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 12, 2009, 11:48:04 pm »

Back in those days, they made knee medicines out of gunpowder!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 13, 2009, 05:43:21 am »

It's 20 to 9. Where is the update?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 13, 2009, 06:11:13 am »

I left it until the last minute. Social stuff. Anyway, this means no pictures, but I know you guys wont mind. And if you do mind, it's the internet and my testicles shall remain un-punched as long as you don't find out where I live.

Seriously though, sorry.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 13, 2009, 06:13:58 am »

As long as there is an update today I don't mind.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 13, 2009, 06:38:28 am »

I'm really liking this thread. It's official: when this is over, and by some chance Jackrabbit makes another story, Oldbeard must play a part. He will become the newest mascot of Bay 12 if it kills... everything else! Oldbeard can't die. He's too old to die.

I shall consider adding him (because I will write again) but he won't always be there.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 13, 2009, 07:17:09 am »

I was going to leave this to a cliff hanger but I decided WD would freak out. Also, sorry if I missed you in the fight scene (Labs, I left you out because you said you wanted to leave. Are you still sure about this?)

The bolt-hole

“Most warholds have these,” said Bjorn conversationally as they climbed out of the bolt hole into the woods. “But most warlords, like David, prefer to stand and – Oh Gods.”
They were two hundred feet from the opposing force.
run!” roared Bjorn. They ran into the wood. A squad separated from the main force and chased after them. After a short while, Workerdrone stopped.
“We can run, or we can FINISH THESE FOOLS!” he roared and turned, axes in hand. The entire party stopped dead.
“Run, you big oaf!” shouted Kogan but Barbarossa placed a hand on his shoulder.
“Let’s just follow along. I think he’s right.”
Behind them, Bromrek crashed out of the woods.
“Where were you?” asked Barbarossa.
“Some – uh, somewhere. Places. Stuff,” he panted. Barbarossa shrugged.
“Okay lads, break away!”
‘Break away’ was an old dwarfish military tactic. It revolved around breaking up and hacking your opponent to shreds from an unexpected angle. The only thing worse than fighting a large group of dwarves was fighting one dwarf who just fell out of a tree into your face, axe first.
The dwarves positioned themselves, with Bjorn and Walter hiding as best they could. A small group of fifteen or so humans rushed through the trees. The first blow came from Bromrek, who danced out with impossible quickness and buried his axe into the chest of a straggler.
The group froze. The dwarves unfroze first.
Workerdrone roared brutally, releasing his pent up frustration on the man in front of him and reducing him to ribbons in a heartbeat.
Kogan hacked about himself, cleaving the two men in front of him in twain.
Vilien swore so loudly and so vulgarly that the his opposition stumbled backwards and was decapitated by the blow he could not prevent.
Tamunshin and Humaan were back to back. Humaan was getting good at ending up near Tamunshin in combat. They both eviscerated their foes and Tamunshin paused momentarily before moving on.
Ryan, Forrest and Barbarossa both fired into their respective quarries before moving in to bludgeon the rest into submission.
Kain was laying about himself, crushing the opposition. How much more fun would it be if I could just blow these fools up?, he thought. He shrugged, and crushed the mans skull with a single blow.
Quote was as competent as he always was. The man sliced, he parried. The man thrust and he dodged and counter-thrust, skewering him.
Raptor was once again demonstrating that being a medic wasn’t just about healing. With surgical precision, he slashed out his opponents jugular.
Limul Thak slashed his opponents head off in a blaze of gold and silver. He was getting, instead of more excited, more precise.
Walter never had time to use his gauntlet, unfortunately, and settled for cleaving the other humans apart with his enormous sword, whilst behind him, Bjorn skewered an opponent with a rapier. The battle was over almost before it had begun.
Oldbeard spun round the corner and fired off a bolt, deciding it safer than shooting off fiery hot metal in a forest. He missed and a bolt whizzed past his head. He looked out at the human. They both dropped their crossbows. The human took out a wickedly curved sword and grinned. Oldbeard grinned, then took out his pistol-bow and shot the man, point blank. The man was very surprised for about three seconds before becoming extremely dead. The force of the shot shattered the bow. Damn! The pistol-bow was a recent invention of his, something he’d been tinkering on recently. He only had one more and obviously hadn’t figured out the velocity ratio yet. He turned around. Straight into an enemy blade. He gasped and slid backwards off the sword. He heard, faintly, a roar and Workerdrone appeared over him, slicing the human’s arms off. He looked down at Oldbeard, before suddenly tumbling over him, landing sprawled on the snow. He had a bolt sticking out of his back. Oldbeard closed his eyes.
Workerdrone looked at the suddenly warm, snowy ground. This wasn’t the end, was it? There was so much to do, so many people to meet, and subsequently kill. And her… The world went dark.

Unknown

Workerdrone pushed himself up. He was naked, lying on what looked like snow, except it was warm. He looked up. Before him stood the largest tavern he had ever seen, a tavern so large it warped and distorted the landscape around it. Behind the tavern was a solid wall of what looked like rock, but seemed warped somehow. In front of the tavern stood a woman, dressed in fur and leather. In front of her stood Oldbeard, slightly disorientated. He jumped up and walked up to him and was pleasantly surprised to find he was still holding his axes, and Oldbeard was still wielding his crossbow.
“Alright then, what the hell is going on?” he demanded to the women.
“You have fallen bravely, in combat, Olon,” said one of the women. “This is Valhalla. Home of the brave. Please, enter! And you, good sir Oldbeard. It is a surprise to see you here at last!”
“Wait,” said Workerdrone. “We’re dead?”
“Yes,” said the Woman.
“Both of us?” said Oldbeard.
“Yes,” said the woman.
“Both unable to help our friends, never to see them again, until they die?” asked Workerdrone.
“Well, yes,” said the woman. “You’re dead, you see.”
Workerdrone and Oldbeard both looked at each other and spoke in unison.
“Fuck that
“What?” asked the woman, confused, but Workerdrone was already striding away, towards the rock wall. He stood in front of it for a few seconds, then roared and cleaved into it with his axes. They bit deeply into the rock, which groaned in a strange, low sound and cracked open. Workerdrone strode through.
“No, wait, you can’t!” called the woman. “We have it all here for you, the drinking, the fighting, the –” but Workerdrone was already gone. The crack closed behind him. The woman glared at Oldbeard.
“Don’t you dare” she said.
“Young people just don’t have enough respect,” said Oldbeard, who turned and fired his hotshot into the wall of the cliff. It explode open and he strode through as well. The woman just stared at the cliff.
"Assholes!” she yelled, and turned around and walked back.

The forest

“I can’t believe they’re dead,” said Barbarossa, head in hands.
“Aye, it’s tragic alright,” said Kogan. He clapped his hands together. “Right! Lets bury the stupid bastard and move on!”
He stopped. Workerdrone had gripped his leg.
“What did you call me?” he asked.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:40:51 pm by Jackrabbit »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 13, 2009, 07:33:25 am »

Oldbeard's journal: I almost died, again. You know, I really hate those eternal feasting and fighting places. They always seem to serve the same foods, never anything new or original. I don't even like fighting that much. I prefer drinking, working on my things and reminiscing about the olden days I do. I feel that an afterlife should be really something, with infinite things to do and to see; not just that plain feast-fight-feast-fight annoyance. Maybe I should get me some of that religion nonsense that the youngsters are all up in arms about.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 13, 2009, 07:36:57 am »

Oh, but the Gods of all creation would never show him enough respect, the foolish youngsters.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 13, 2009, 07:41:42 am »

Oldbeard: The only creature able to look down on Armok as a "foolish youngster".

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 13, 2009, 07:42:31 am »

Oldbeard: The only creature able to look down on Armok as a "foolish youngster".

Oh, he doesn't do that. They used to be poker buddies.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 13, 2009, 07:47:06 am »

Oh, he doesn't do that. They used to be poker buddies.

I think the thing we all want to know is: How can you tell the difference between him bluffing, and him with his senility acting up?

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 105