Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106635 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The plight of Eli Eremo
« Reply #660 on: June 11, 2009, 11:03:38 pm »

On the bright side, with all this stuff going on, nobodies bored.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 11, 2009, 11:39:42 pm »

WorkerDrone had prepared to kick the door open when he heard someone walking up, but decided to hold off when he heard someone carving something, presumably into his door. When the foot steps died away, the door flew open, sending the page and the dart off of its wooden bulk. WorkerDrone looked down at it. Just stared for a while. He picked it up and slipped it into his pocket with out reading it, knowing full well what it was.

Taking a few steps back form the door way, he turned the door slightly back to read what written.

Come get the rest if you dare.

Olon contemplated this for a few moments before walking back into the his room, leaving the door ajar, and ripping open a closet, which stood an armour stand bearing the Gold plated armour trade mark. WorkerDrone had used the forges, along with most of his share of the gold, to tend to its condition. It had been ripped into, and battered a bit, but the steel edifice covered in rune drawn gold. It was fine workmanship, as Olon was a creative smith. Though most Dwarves had some skill with metal innately. The two Steel axes were hung up next to it. "Bromrek! Bromrek!" Called WorkerDrone in the fury that had been building since he had read the returning message.

"Prepare my heralding! To the town! To the Castle halls! To the damned forest! I fight!"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 12, 2009, 01:54:31 am »

Oldbeard's journal: Ah jeeze, first that Labs feller decides he'd be better of on some dingy wooden hulk on the stupid bloody sea and now this. I'm gonna follow that moron Workerdrone to his little spat with that nitwit. Might as well get some entertainment outta this. In other, better news; I've completed the rough draft of the plans for the metal floater thing. It's gonna take a long time to get from this to something I can actually build though.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 12, 2009, 02:40:40 am »

Normally I'd love to let this run it's course but I'm planning an update and I must ask that the very funny vendetta stops, for a small while.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 12, 2009, 03:14:36 am »

Miles away from the castle, in a small clearing, an indistinct figure moves in a whirl of blades. Carefully placed sacks are slashed, simple traps disarmed. Soon the figure reached what is obviously his target. He reaches into his cloths and removes a watch. "50 seconds. I can do better than that!" A minute later he starts again.

(Yes, this is Bomrek. I'm doing character development)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:28:44 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 12, 2009, 03:37:14 am »

Tamunshin’s room

Tamunshin walked into his room to find the crystal sitting on his desk, with a note from Kogan reading ‘I know you’re the most experienced with artefacts and the like. Could you help with this?
He sighed and sat down. Those fools were still engaged in that stupid vendetta. He reached over and picked up the crystal. It flared bright blue.
Tamunshin sat up.
He was sitting in the middle of a light blue plain- no. A light blue room, with walls so seamless they seemed not there at all. Suddenly, the room plunged into darkness. He turned around. Nothing. He turned again. N – suddenly the lich filled up the whole world in front of him.
"What are you doing Tamunshin?" It boomed, in a voice that drained the warmth from Tamunshin’s face. “You know the deal we had. My master had."
Tamunshin could not speak. His voice caught in his throat and froze over.
"Do you think the demons are not aware of this place? You cannot spend your time traipsing around as a mercenary. You must destroy the demons, so my master may claim this world. You carry his sword, you are his agent and you will. Not. Fail. Him."
“Bu- bu-“ squeaked Tamunshin. He had only once felt true fear before. It was not pleasant.
“You will take this crystal and resurrect me. You have two months and once I am back, you have five years to defeat the demons. You will not fail and I will be back”
Tamunshin sat up, soaked in sweat.

The entrance to David’s warhold

Workerdrone strode towards the door, axes in hand. That fool, that fool! Did he really think he could win? Really? He’d show him, he wasn’t the only bard here. His axes were rather eloquent themselves, when they needed to get a point across, or rather, an edge. He flung the entrance doors open and an arrow glanced off his armor. He shut them again. He opened them a fraction and peered out the gap, at the concentration of men and siege weapons that lay in the valley below.
Shit. His blades would sing to a different tune today, it would seem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 12, 2009, 03:47:57 am »

Alas. Twas not meant to be our glorious duel.

However, enemy at the gates! What a pleasant surprise!

Sod it, I want a fight! Charge! For Armok!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 12, 2009, 03:51:40 am »

Bomrek saw the host in the valley. "Time to put my skills to use."

Edit:
Edit edit: I don't know what possessed me to type what I just removed.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:15:27 pm by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 12, 2009, 07:10:48 am »

Hey, if oldbeard ever gets his diving bell ready, i could bring you guys to where you need to go and drop you.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 12, 2009, 07:16:46 am »

Bomrek saw the host in the valley. "Time to put my skills to use."

Edit:

That's like a big red button emblazoned with 'do not push'. A PM would be better.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 12, 2009, 07:39:51 am »

Remember Jackrabbit, Oldbeard's there to watch them fight.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 12, 2009, 07:47:45 am »

Good idea, labs! We'll have to dock the submersible on your ship, but it'll save a lot of power to use a sailboat for the movement across the top of the ocean.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 12, 2009, 07:50:25 am »

Remember Jackrabbit, Oldbeard's there to watch them fight.

And what, not take any part in the battle?

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 12, 2009, 07:50:59 am »

Only if those two dingbats look like they're actually going to kill each other.

Edit: He will also yell and jeer at them while eating some of that new-fangled "popped corn".

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 12, 2009, 07:55:13 am »

I think Oldbeard is rapiedky becoming my fav dwarf on this board
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 105