Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106606 times)

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The plight of Eli Eremo
« Reply #630 on: June 09, 2009, 09:11:48 am »

Walter's journal,

He's gone. I killed the dragon. My mind is finally free from that beast. I can only hope he stays gone.

As for the question of our mortality, I'm not sure how I'd like Walter to go. I guess I'd prefer for it to be an indirect thing, like holding a pass on his own or leaping into the mouth of a giant crab. His death would never be directly stated, but it'd be obvious that he's gone. That said, I'd prefer for my character to not die.  :P
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 09, 2009, 06:37:41 pm »

Hay guise.

For my Assorted Silliness Mod, I wanted to mod in a creature baed off of Oldbeard. Is that okay with y'all?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 09, 2009, 07:55:18 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

So, I still can't get that crystal. Even one touch is beyond me... it must be really important to them to protect it this tightly. Even Workerdrone of all people couldn't be flattered and meaded into giving any information! I will keep trying, though.

So, my elven heritage is something I can't get over yet. After consulting with Navi and my own memory, I assume that this heritage has gifted me with more intelligence than usual for dwarves, though a roughly dwarven upbringing seriously dulled this boon. It also made it easier for me to manipulate the magic in Navi, which he is still unaware of (thankfully), because elves actually use magic. Dwarves are unable to unless they seriously meditate, and me being part-elven allows me a bit of freedom in that regard. I still feel disgusting when I think about it, though...

My past has been cropping up in my dreams. All of the mining and digging... all of the sieges and ambushes I survived with my axe... those many times that my axe was stockpiled (though every fort that happened in "mysteriously" broke apart... an enchantment, perhaps?)... something is bringing the memories back in a negative light. It started once I saw that crystal. That thing must know I'm up to something, and it's fighting back with my most sensitive regions... my memories! I can't believe it took this long to figure out.

"That is the most likely suspect, I must admit."
"I know, that's why I wrote it down."
"Why do you write so much, anyways?"
"Because everybody reads everybody's journals when we aren't around! This is like a quick look into our thoughts, which is important for us as a team."
"But-!"
"I add the secretive bits after I notice they've been rummaged in."
"Ooh... I like that kind of thinking."
"That sounds flirtatious."
"Not at all. My lack of a body also provides me with a lack of a libido."
"... right."

Maybe I'll write down some of my memories later.

~LT

Yes, those memories will be written down later. Yay for backstories! :D
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 10, 2009, 02:47:44 am »

I'm okay with that, blargity.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 10, 2009, 04:47:59 pm »

WARNING: HFS SPOILERS

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So that wasn't a real memory... or was it?:-X That's going to be a keystone in the story I'm developing. By the way, I want that crystal even more now... ::)
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #635 on: June 10, 2009, 05:00:51 pm »

Walter's journal,

In my idleness, I have taken to wandering the castle.
One of my more interesting finds was a library, or more specifically, a certain book in that library. I discovered inside a larger book ("The undead, who they are and how to kill them").
It was the journal of a Beardonardo la Wimpy. After much study of the book the writing seems to indecipherable, which is quite frustrating. The diagrams, on the other hand, are incredible! A design incredibly similiar to my own flame gauntlet included. Needless to say, I need to show this to Oldbeard, I'm sure he understands dwarf writings better than I. Considering his age, he might even know him....

Basically, this journal will serve as the medium through which I express my insane ideas to Walter.  ;D
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 10, 2009, 07:09:18 pm »

Kogan's Journal

We've been doing nothing for days now. I can't stand it. Any extended period of idle time near that hotshot Workerdrone infuriates me. I asked Oldbeard about that book of his, but he seems to have forgotten, or is lying about its progress. I've tried to learn more about this Bjorn character, but it seems there is nothing to learn beyond what he's told us. Disappointing, really. I've kept myself preoccupied with the journal, but I'm afraid I can't tell anyone what's inside, as they'd either never believe me or kill me.

Well, we drove off another army of that damned goblin king, Gozru. Fought him myself today. I have to give my son credit, the guy's not much for strength, but you're lucky to hit the guy at all, and if you do it's unlikely to even faze him.

Kol's gonna be married in the week. I am proud of the boy. I told him to stop fighting in the sieges for a while, as he's got more to live for now that he's starting a family. Unfortunately, he refused; he's a fortress champion now, and claims it's his calling in life. Oh, well; you can't blame an old dwarf for trying.

And another thing, a band of mercenaries dropped by in time to kill a few routing goblins. Their leader that went around in supposedly golden armor (I say it's brass; gold plating, let alone actual armor wouldn't last a fortnight in real combat) tried to take on Gozru himself. Got whupped, but lopped off a finger as the king was running, and now he's parading around like he's just killed a Titan. I asked the boy his name, said it was WorkerDrone.

I knew that name; it was the name of a whore's son back in the Mountainhomes. I should know, I'm his father. Of course, when I told him that, the boy just looked at me like I was crazy, so I let it go. He'll probably be better off not knowing anyway.

Kogan smiled as he wrote this down in a little book he started, "Kogan's collection of blackmails".
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 10, 2009, 08:24:44 pm »

I have now commissioned Oldbeard to build us a submarine for purposes only known to myself.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 10, 2009, 10:53:18 pm »

The blackmail wouldn't work anyway. For one thing, its still far to obscure. For another, Kogan wouldn't be able TO TELL such a vicious thing.

He wouldn't have his head seconds after challenging WorkerDrone with such a proposition. We are after all talking about a 'hotshot' who doesn't have the patience to deal with such matters.

Lucky for Olon, he's motherfucking WorkerDrone, and he kills shit.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 11, 2009, 12:44:21 am »

So, that Korgan guy came round yesterday, asked about my writings. To tell you the truth they went overboard when we was captured, luckily my regular journals survived, so it's not all bad. Now some other guy came round the other day as well, to ask me about making a metal ship. I've considered the idea before, and perhaps I can make it work. I've heard some stuff about the wonders of coal and I think that I may be able to harness it to propel things, but I'll need something to test it on first.......
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 11, 2009, 02:27:29 am »

Sorry for the slump. Updates resume shortly. No now, but shortly.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 11, 2009, 02:58:47 am »

Shortly: A day later.

D:

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 11, 2009, 03:55:51 am »

It's a well-known fact that jackrabbits run on valve time.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 11, 2009, 05:36:41 am »

Unfortunate, but true.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 11, 2009, 07:00:10 am »

It's a well-known fact that jackrabbits run on valve time.

speaking of Valve.

WHERES HALF-LIFE 3?!?!?11?!?!!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 105