Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106586 times)

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The saga of the demon war
« Reply #555 on: June 06, 2009, 05:43:07 pm »

Apology accepted. Just remeber that if your going to argue, I'm the one with the power to detatch sex organs (Walters penis is back, by the way)

Awesome.

On the topic of transportation, I suggest another poll between C.R.A.B or armoured bears or other suggestions (Nothern Lights was acceptable, didn't bother with the other 2). It all seems mildly irrelevant though, as we seem to just warp between locations without question.  :P
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 06, 2009, 06:02:36 pm »

I think the choice is obvious. Even for Dwarves, C.R.A.B. is pushing it a little, while on the other hand, armoured bears are just AWESOME (coincidentally, I hated both the book and the movie)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 06, 2009, 08:35:54 pm »

you can with WD as I don;t he wouldn't but I wont, to busy playing dwarf fort up to a certain point

Nah. I'm only in it for the shits and giggles mostly.

I'd like you guys to know that no matter how much of an ass I may be, you have two things to be thankful for. First, I really don't get angry over anything on the Internet. Caps-Rage aside, it is indeed for the hell of it. At the very least, I've refrained from chuckin' insults unlike certain people I won't even bother to mention. In fact, despite liberal use of the word 'fuck', 'shit', and 'badass' and the over inflation of my Ego, I haven't done much of wrong, though now that I think about it, the pictures were plain annoying to pop into a thread like this, and I shouldn't have jumped on the band wagon.

And to any of you who seriously don't like me, I really don't give a shit. Its how I am, and there's really not much you can do to inspire any real ire out of me.

For one thing, I am honestly delighted that Jackrabbit isn't all that annoyed with my dick waving. I put a funny spin on things, and I'm not scared to say the shit I want.

All in all, that's sort of a good thing as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Now no more discussion of that, WHERE BE THE UPDATE MY LORD?!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 06, 2009, 08:45:05 pm »

Dick waving? I'll soon put a stop to that!

*chainsaw revving*

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 06, 2009, 09:29:02 pm »

You woke up my grandmother, you bastard  >:(

But yeah, I actually have no problems whatsoever with WD, but his character is the kind of person Kogan absolutely hates.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 06, 2009, 09:34:12 pm »

Agh! Don't hurt my organs! :o

Limul Thak's Journal

I've been resting so as to heal my skin. At this point, it smells like =cat meat roast=...

"So, what is wrong with your skin?"
"Oh, nothing. I just bruised it on the ice, that's all."
"Hmm... you've been avoiding something recently."
"Oh, like you don't avoid things too, "Navi"."
"..."
"So, how was your town destroyed?"
"It wasn't a town. It was a retreat."
"You were running away?"
"No. A retreat is like a domestic copse or a niche in nature."
"Wha-"
"It's a noun. Synonym: permanent camp."
"Yes, because I'm totally oblivious. I am a dwarf, after all."
"No, I just thought-"
"That I was a stupid dwarf?"
"No! Why would I make specialized equipment for dwarves if I thought them inferior?"
"Because it made a living."
"..."
"So... how WAS your town destroyed?"
"It was not a t... oh never mind. The goblins were marching on the mountain fortresses-"
"You mean mountainhomes?"
"... Please, do not go there."
"Sorry."
"Anyways, they were on the march and our retreat was spotted by a scout or two. They immediately came down upon us and we fought them back. Thankfully, our martial arts are incredibly refined, and so we survived for two days with nothing but our hands."
"Seriously? Just hands?"
"Just hands. It was that or customized soul-bound martial equipment, which you could assume we lacked."
"Hm."
"Anyways, on the third day of their assault, they brought large metal tubes on wheels."
"Oh dear... not those..."
"You've heard of them?"
"Yes. They are terrible weapons that shoot flame and decimate entire units."
"So you have seen them. They only had to fire twice to burn the retreat to the ashen earth. We who survived, only two score at the most, charged the tubes and overtook them. Then, however..."
"Fire spirits."
"Yes. They had fire spirits backing them up, and they arrived assumedly three days late."
"How many survived?"
"The first spirit melted two elves without even attacking. They were childhood friends of mine, and they were not ready to die."
"That's horrible."
"Then, after three more deaths, we found that any who attacked would also melt, as we were armed with only our own flammable bodies. We had to escape, and we ran like the winds."
"Did that work?"
"Only until the spirits lost their excitement for the chase and began shooting flames at us themselves. At that point, the tubes were firing again as well, and only a half-score were alive when we dove into the life-giving lake of our retreat."
"What happened then?"
"Well... the spirits, it turns out, can evaporate water on touch."
"Oh, dear."
"Yes. They walked in, killing all of the life within our life-giver. We were standing alone in a crater with the spirits."
"And then?"
"Then, we had no choice. We used our magics, which must only be done once or twice per lifetime for the bodily costs."
"Did that work?"
"I was the only one to survive a mere dozen seconds of the battle. There were two spirits remaining, and I. My friends... my wife... my children... all dead in puddles around me. I chanted, and then a flash of green came forth. I collapsed, knowing that my deed was a good one, as the spirits were no more. That was when I awoke in this gem."
"That's an awful way to die, I must say."
"Not really. I died after having justice on the abominations of the spiritual realms. That is a good one for me. That is not to say I like being dead. I would have preferred life. But... when life gives one lemons-"
"Yes, yes, you throw them back so hard life collapses on the floor and you kick it some."
"... sure."
"..."
"..."

I feel horrible for Navi now, and the feeling is a drying one... I need to get human-smashed. I can feel my throat.

~LT

Some fleshing out of the characters. My own story should be coming up next.
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 06, 2009, 09:37:01 pm »

Ha, a good read.

I also have no problem with WD, and won't actually cut off any organs with a chainsaw, unless I really have to.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 06, 2009, 10:11:44 pm »

From the darkness of Tamunshin's mind:

I had not expected to encounter the undead again. Not after what happened before...

I can still remember the screams from my companions as they were slaughtered by the evil creatures. I remember seeing my friends being ripped limb from limb, seeing their insides being torn from their still living bodies.

I can only hope that those who travel into the tomb do not meet the same creatures that annihilated my entire battalion. My friends.

My life for you, Immortal Lord. May you bring light to all places beset by darkness.

Rare, I know, but I think it gives a bit more backstory, especially after the story update. Maybe in the future we'll learn more of his history, and of what happened in the years he disappeared.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 06, 2009, 10:14:52 pm »

;D

I knew you'd provide the backstory as to why he hated the undead.

I love these journal things.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 06, 2009, 10:55:05 pm »

Yeah, it's really neat how the journals and thoughts of characters flesh out the story. :)

Bleh, I'm tired and so won't post any long-winded stories for a bit. That last one should suffice for now, eh? :P
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 06, 2009, 11:36:54 pm »

Ha, a good read.

I also have no problem with WD, and won't actually cut off any organs with a chainsaw, unless I really have to.

awww, but organ cutting is fun!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 07, 2009, 12:26:04 am »

The spinning Steel Battle Axe strikes Ousire in the upperbody!
The Heart has been hacked into an unrecognizable mass!
The Left Lung has been pierced!
The Right Lung has been pierced!

WorkerDrone yanks the axe out of Ousire's prone body.

How's that for organ cutting?

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 07, 2009, 01:11:20 am »

On the subject of Bomrek, I feel it necessary to remind you that he has a sentient artifact axe and and an artifact adamantine shield.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 07, 2009, 01:14:40 am »

The spinning Steel Battle Axe strikes Ousire in the upperbody!
The Heart has been hacked into an unrecognizable mass!
The Left Lung has been pierced!
The Right Lung has been pierced!

WorkerDrone yanks the axe out of Ousire's prone body.

How's that for organ cutting?

ousire uses phoenix down! health maxed!
ousire uses item: can of whoopass on workerdrone
it was super affective!
workerdrone has been defeated!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 07, 2009, 01:20:03 am »

Take your pokemans and shove it up your elf hole.

This is dwarf fortress god damn it. We DIG HERE.

Also, since people keep seeming to get it wrong, it would be effective to apply to the use of an effect in any grand scale with the term 'super' being used to coincide with it. The fact that something is affective is almost certainly moot by that point.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:23:41 am by WorkerDrone »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 105