Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106549 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The saga of the demon war
« Reply #480 on: June 04, 2009, 12:10:35 am »

AHAHA!

Othtar Noloc woN!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 04, 2009, 01:03:02 am »

I guess it did. Who hasn't voted?

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 04, 2009, 04:43:31 am »

I've voted now.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 04, 2009, 04:58:15 am »

Gah. So close, yet so far.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 04, 2009, 05:24:36 am »

Othtar Noloc it is then.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 04, 2009, 05:47:43 am »

Limul Thak's Journal

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

"I take it you lost your bet?"
"Yep."
"Well-"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

~LT
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 04, 2009, 06:02:47 am »

Can I do a second character, Bomrek's sister?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #487 on: June 04, 2009, 01:38:27 pm »

I voted. Hope the next update gets here soon, as Id rather not stay up 'til midnight (Irish GMT time) as I've got more junior cert exams tommorow.

By the way, I did my Irish exam today and because I was bored I wrote out the lyrics of Radiohead's "Wolf at the Door" at the back of the exam booklet. I'm hoping whoever corrects my paper will realise what an acheivement it is to know the words of that song by heart and give me extra marks.  :P

By the way NewerMartianEmperor I hope you don't mind me conscripting Oldbeard to help with Zirildalithsarek.
"Ziril" is dwarfen for fire, so I figured it was appropriete to add.  ;D
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 04, 2009, 03:32:25 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

So, on the subject of combat... I don't really NEED a new weapon right now. I've still got my heirloom axe. However, Navi has potential. I've figured out that he uses static electricity borne from friction with the air, the figuring out part thanks to his own inherit knowledge, and so I've found a way to build up and redirect the electricity for what amounts to "magic": basically, a lightning bolt from "nowhere", concealed in my bracer. This may not work in theory, but in practice it should. Armok damn theoretical physics! >:(

Why am I still sharpening this TCD, though? Well... in a pinch, it can be a very useful knife and the sharp edges can help with friction. All in all, grinding the crystal with a whetstone is worth it.

More to come on this, particularly when Navi isn't awake...

~LT

A brief synopsis of Navi's use as a weapon. 8)
This game is so strange.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 04, 2009, 03:58:31 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

So, on the subject of combat... I don't really NEED a new weapon right now. I've still got my heirloom axe. However, Navi has potential. I've figured out that he uses static electricity borne from friction with the air, the figuring out part thanks to his own inherit knowledge, and so I've found a way to build up and redirect the electricity for what amounts to "magic": basically, a lightning bolt from "nowhere", concealed in my bracer. This may not work in theory, but in practice it should. Armok damn theoretical physics! >:(

Why am I still sharpening this TCD, though? Well... in a pinch, it can be a very useful knife and the sharp edges can help with friction. All in all, grinding the crystal with a whetstone is worth it.

~LT

Any amount of static electricity big enough to make "a lightning bolt" would discharge from its carrier when it touched your body. And stealing electrons "from the air" is not an effective way to put charge in one place, especially in an oceanic climate.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 04, 2009, 04:04:56 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

~LT

Any amount of static electricity big enough to make "a lightning bolt" would discharge from its carrier when it touched your body. And stealing electrons "from the air" is not an effective way to put charge in one place, especially in an oceanic climate.

Look, it's DF physics so anything goes. ;)
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 04, 2009, 05:30:50 pm »

Remember; it's like I said in the journal. It shouldn't work, but in DF it works perfectly. And who's to say that magic isn't involved? Again, it's hard to say in Dwarf Fortress.

Armok damn physics. :P

P.S. Yes, I know my physics and this shouldn't work. See above for my reasoning, though.
This game is so strange.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 04, 2009, 05:38:35 pm »

To quote Vaftrudner

FUCK PHYSICS! WE'RE DWARVES!

Update coming along nicely.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 04, 2009, 05:44:26 pm »

Limul Thak's Journal

Well... I've found out that concealing Navi is a doozy. Normally, the electricity is kept in the gem, but when I try to use it it surfaces. In other words, I get the shock before it can be sent out. My wrist is charred. For this reason, I'm building myself a new bracer that has a pouch in it.

"You're doing what, now?"
"Nothing."
"..."

I think the method I'm using is ingenious. I'm using the subconscious link we have to amplify the charge gathering (I'm not sure how, but it works, so I don't complain) beyond its usual amount, which is unsurprisingly low. Then, I bring the charge out of the TCD as if launching a bolt. Again, I'm not sure how, but it works. Why complain if Armok blesses my plans? And moreover, if Oldbeard can make a crossbow that melts its ammunition through air friction due to speed, why can't this be possible too?

Too much thinking and philo-whatchamasizing. I need a stiff drink... make that a double.

~LT

I figured the contact problem was easy enough to solve, so I went and solved it. The rest? Well, when life gives me lemons... ;D
This game is so strange.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 04, 2009, 05:46:02 pm »

Well, when life gives me lemons...

Make bitter lemon juice?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 105