Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106530 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The saga of the demon war
« Reply #405 on: May 29, 2009, 11:22:26 pm »

And multikill. But Quote got rampage and Ryan was dominating the swordsmen.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 29, 2009, 11:30:21 pm »

Oldbeard didn't even get to use the Pacemaker as far as I can see.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 29, 2009, 11:32:17 pm »

And multikill. But Quote got rampage and Ryan was dominating the swordsmen.

Yes, I'll admit.

But at least I got UNSTOPPABLE, and HOLY SHIT!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 30, 2009, 01:14:54 am »

Oldbeard didn't even get to use the Pacemaker as far as I can see.

If you haven't yet figured it out, I have started to add alt text to the pictures (hence the acronym mention in the sub-caption) it explains everything.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 30, 2009, 01:30:35 am »

Ah, I see. I stil don't get the thing about the acronym, though.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 30, 2009, 01:36:32 am »

I can do this with the [acronym][/acronym] tag. this (mouse over it)

It works for pictures too

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 30, 2009, 01:40:01 am »

Thoughts of "Reaver":
The bloody weakling got knocked out by one little spell! The one who wielded me when I was new forged would have laughed at it! Better wake that idiot up before he gets hurt. *grumble grumble grumble*
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 30, 2009, 06:53:22 am »

Thoughts of Kogan

Well, this pretty much sucks royally. I'm out cold, and as far as I saw the others are as well.

That ain't even th' wurst part!

Pappy Oldd Truebasements??

In the flesh! Or, rather, in the intangible spirit essence of your mind. Doesn't really matter, though, does it? The point is that I'm here, and you should appreciate that. I remember back in the days of no-sky when a great-grandson would be happy to see his ol' pappy back from the dead, but seems that's not the case here--

SHUT UP, pappy! I'm glad to see you, but I assume you have more to do than just shout at me until I wake up.

Well, I guess there is a little sense left in the Dwarfs o' this day 'n' age. First off, I'm here to tell you a little story. 'Bout 4 years afore you were born, my poor wife Helga died, see, and a Dwarf has... needs.

But I thought Dwarfs never remarried?

Only the stupid ones don't, Kogan. Remember that. Either way, I met this pretty young thing named Kikthet. About a month later, I got the worst news an unmarried Dwarf can hear, and split it. 'Bout 9 months later, a little new baby Dwarf was crawling around Winddimples. See, the mother was taken by a mood at the time, and wasn't all in the head. Apparently she saw a vision of the poor babe doing nothing too great besides killing a lot, so she named the thing... "WorkerDrone"

!... What are you saying.

Kogan, WorderDrone is your FATHER!...

Oh, wait, messed that up. Basically, he's a distant cousin of yours.

That's not true! That's impossibl-

HEY! I'm the only one here that's allowed t' make movie references! Y ain't earned that right yet! What I'm trying to say, Kogan, is that WorkerDrone might, I repeat MIGHT--that Kikthet was some slut--share the Truebasements blood, which would explain his combat skill. But regardless, that doesn't matter, since you have a greater fate. You have no reason to be jealous of the lad, because when I died I saw something fantastic. Kogan, you WILL reclaim Winddimples!

Really?

Just keep readin' ma journal, lad, and you'll find out everything ya need.

Will I ever see you again?

Maybe. Depends on whether 'r not Armok decides to mess with the mortals again. Just read my journal kid.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #413 on: May 30, 2009, 06:56:06 am »

That acronym thing is pretty cool.

How do you get the images to full-size? Whenever I upload them they're smaller, and you click them to go to a bigger version on imageshack.

I suppose Walter was in the back, fiddling with Dalithsarek. But was he still hit by the spell?
Or was he searching for his penis?

Find out, in the next exciting episode of VNITH!
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 30, 2009, 07:10:33 am »

The, uh, the second one.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 30, 2009, 07:17:08 am »

Thoughts of Oldbeard: Eh, where am I?

Lidod, don't tell me I passed out from such an elfy little blast!

Fraid' so, old man

Oh no. It's my good-fer-nutin' son, Isn't it.

So, still managing to fight back the senility I see. Well, I can tell you that you won't have to struggle much longer, old man.

Don't tell me, I'm gonna die aren't I?

Yep, and it's gonna be Delicious

Don't you talk that way to me! You're just a half-wit ghost who lost whatever power he might have had centuries ago!

Why I might not be as powerful as I used to be, I can tell you that the future isn't looking too good for you, old man.

Ah please, the future always looks bad; 'cept for the crossbows o' course!

Still got the spirit of armok in you, I see. Well, let's just see what good it does you in the future.

Well, as I see it this is the 57th time we've gone through this little song-and-dance number, and every time I; and you're never gonna believe this: LIVED YA' STUPID SEE-THROUGH SHADE!

Your luck has to run out some time old man, and when it does, I'll laugh for the first time since the world began

Fat chance! I've avoided dying this long, and I plan to keep it up. So please, leave me to my dreams.

Very well, but when the end for you comes, I'll be watching.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:22:54 am by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #416 on: May 30, 2009, 07:18:14 am »

Huh. ( I read the acronym, by the way. Don't worry about it.)

Walter's journal,

Still haven't found my dick. Everyone else seems to be asleep. I think I'll join them, a rest'll do me good.

Walter is a very deep sleeper, and will probably not notice if he is carried somewhere or whatever.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:21:36 am by GruffyBears »
- T.S Eliot

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 30, 2009, 07:30:45 am »

The penis thing isn't cannon.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #418 on: May 30, 2009, 07:53:08 am »

Oh, I know.  ;D

Walter's dream:

Walter ran through his castle, up the many flights of stairs and slammed open a door, arriving at the battlements. He asked his general " Status of the battlefield?" The general replied "It dinnae look good, we're completely outnumbered and they have Him, ser. Walter sighed. He had this dream a million times, and everytime he lost. "Assemble the men general, have every ballista and every catapult manned and supplied. And ready my horse, for I wish to meet the foe on the field." "Aye, ser." replied the general, and he ran off. Walter slowly made his way down to the stables. By the time he arrived, his horse and his best knights were ready. He mounted his horse and rode out, his men behind him. They lined up in front of the castle gates, and heard the rumble and clang as they closed behind them. "Today, men" They were not his words, but he had said them everytime, "We become heroes." He unsheathed his sword, but it was not his sword, but an axe, forged of fire and light that sung as it struck down it's foes. His horse was a titanus beast, smash men assunder with ease. He slaughtered and slaughtered, laughing at the death of his enemies. Row after row of goblins fell before him, a never ending tide.
And then they weren't. He stood amongst dozens of slaughtered goblins, their bodies hacked to bits or stomped to death by his horse. He grinned crazily and took a few deep breaths. This was the part of the dream he feared. He heard Him before he saw Him. A massive flap of wings, followed by an earth-shattering THUMP! as he landed. Walter turned slowly. There He was, Darfurrinst the golden dragon. The dragon chuckled as his sword fell to pieces, his horse collapsed under him and his armour rusted away to nothing. "As long as you wield that cursed gauntlet, Walter, I will haunt you're every sleeping minute." "The inoccent will not be forgotten, marauder. I will wear this glove 'til I strike you down." "Very well." replied the dragon. He inhaled, paused and whispered "Goodbye." than exhaled. Walter screamed in agony as his body was burnt to cinders.

Then the dream started again.

- T.S Eliot

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 30, 2009, 09:52:57 am »

Oldbeard's dream:

Oldbeard was in a memory of his that he rather liked.

The sun beat down on an endless desert, the product of some long-forgotten war forsaken by all, even armok himself. On the side of a mountain within the monstrous wastes there was a structure. Made of steel and stone, it was a magnificent spot of hope in the endless desert.

Oldbeard was up on one of the walls of this fortress of civilization; watching. He'd come to this gods-forsaken land some time ago; it was the first place he'd gone to in his quest 'round the world. He had washed up on the shores of this desert land with only his specially-modified crossbow 'dagger-face' (which he would later lose sometime during his travels) some bolts, and his pickaxe.

Luckily, he was a survivor and knew how to find food and water, even in such a strange, and unnatural desert such as this. Speaking of which; this desert had some strange and truly terrifying (even to Oldbeard) creatures. Some of these, like the giant lizards, titanic ants and giant scorpions were familiar. But others, like the disgusting, two-headed creatures called centaurs, the amphibious monsters known as mirelurks and the powerful, massive and cunning terrors known as deathclaws.

Oldbeard was a truly legendary crossbowman, but some of those things were just too powerful, and the strange devices used by the natives to combat them were unavailable to him, as he knew better than to use an extremely powerful device that is A. Probably older then he is, and B. Not understood by the people who made it in the least.

Speaking of the natives, they were a curious bunch. The ones calling themselves "the brotherhood of steel" used armor as tough as adamantite, and seeked to restore peace to this land by combating the monsters with a resolve that could only be described as dwarvern.

There were humans there as well, not much to write home about, but using a lot of fancy gadgets that the ones back home don't have.

Luckily, the elves were not present, although there were these things called "ghouls" which are similar, but worse! They had replaced all the sanctity of tree lidod with some hare-brained mumbo-jumbo about 'the rugged beauty and inner life of the wastes'. They had kept the people-eating, unfortunately. and the worst part was: THEY LOOKED LIKE THEIR ARMOK-FORSAKEN SKIN HAD PEELED OFF.

Now, for the bad guys: The supermutants. evil bastards who try to smash up the settlements of ordinary gods-abiding humans (possibly ghouls too, but He couldn't care less about them) and kidnap people to...... Well, he wasn't sure what they did, exactly; but it couldn't be good! They were hulking things, easily ably to rip a human limb from limb, luckily he was stronger then that; more then one of the bastards got a nasty surprise when they tried to take him on at close range.

Finally, to his surprise there were dwarfs! They didn't call themselves that though, they called themselves "Vault Dwellers" But they were dwarfs, no mistaking it. Apparently they had sealed themselves underground when the war that made that place so damn awful started. Which is something that only dwarfs are capable of. They used more advanced fancy gizmos then the other guys, but the supermutants had them as a favored target. He was in one of their forts at the moment, and he was gonna help them. Apparently there was this huge army heading towards the majority of their lands, (which were hidden in a massive enclosed valley in the mountains) and that fort was the first line of defense against invaders.

Oldbeard could see the supermutants on the horizon, and he smiled, the good part of this memory was about to start.

War, war never changes. Oldbeard could live with that.

I was thinking: Should I do an independent thing about the adventures of Oldbeard?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:03:28 am by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 105