Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is nothing of worth to add here.

Nothing.
At all.
Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 105

Author Topic: To venture north, into Hell: Othtar Noloc, world at war  (Read 106459 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To venture north, into Hell: The saga of the demon war
« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2009, 08:06:36 pm »

Pleeeaaase o' drawery Jackrabbit, explain to me the intracacies of creating randomized terrain! I select tile and color, but when I hit F6, the screen just gets coated in my current tile!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2009, 08:52:39 pm »

Did I say F6? Oh wow, sorry. Just press 6. Just 6.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2009, 12:02:43 am »

update sans pictures with pictures to be added at a later date. We're having a big week for drama down here at TVNIH, but stick around! It gets less dreary, I promise!

The Outpost

The goblins arrived, accompanied with howling, gnashing of teeth and the rattle of weapons. The noise halted momentarily when they noticed that their presence hadn’t been acknowledged and the gate was open. Not ones for complex thought, the goblins charged through. Empty. But look! An opening into the mountain! The dwarves must be there.

(It's small because whenever I do massive amounts of goblins, it looks dumb)

They charged and as the first goblin reached the entrance he tripped over the wire strung across the entrance, which tugged on a candle, knocking it over, lighting a trail of oil which ran down the stairs and

(Enough dakka? HELL NO)

27 miles to the west of the outpost

Barbarossa and Kogan shared a smile as they saw the mushroom cloud rise in the distance. Even the sulking Workerdrone managed to grin at the thought of raining body parts. All around them the dwarves were cheering, even Quote, who was depressed at the best of times due to being forced into the military. He’d grown used to it, however, and was now a respected part of the 11th. Barbarossa raised his voice to be heard over the cheers.
“They’ll most likely pull back now! There can’t have been one corner of the kingdom that didn’t see that! The only problem,” he continued to the now silent dwarves. “Is that they’ll probably attempt to starve us out! We need to keep moving west until the mountains curve of then move to the north! There we make camp, construct fortifications and wait them out. If we’re lucky, they’ll assume we died and leave it at that. I’ll have more info once we get there. Move out.”
The dwarves turned to do just that. Walter came up to Barbarossa’s side.
“You really think they’ll stop?” he asked.
“No,” replied Barbarossa. “But there’s no sense telling the lads that, now is there? Besides, we’re dwarves. We can survive anywhere. Most of the men worked other jobs before signing up. We should survive, if we’re lucky and if we have to fight, I’d rather do it in a dwarven fortress then in the forest like an elf.”
Walter nodded. They continued off. Behind them, Oldbeard was rubbing his hand over one of the ten barrels he had strapped to his wagon and chuckling to himself.

A hill, 2 miles from the outpost

Geo also witnessed the explosion. He was momentarily taken aback. Surely dwarves would not attempt a stunt such as this? That was 90 percent of his forces he’d sent in there! But they were fools and were easily replaced. No, he thought to himself, the dwarves had set this up and were still out there. But they weren’t stupid enough to try and sneak round them and so, Geo decided, he would set up patrols and an outpost here. It wasn’t normal to be so vicious towards such a small group, especially with an invasion of this magnitude going on but he had gotten the reports. Within a week, these dwarves would be the last of their kind in the world.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:05:28 am by Jackrabbit »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2009, 12:06:38 am »

I vote we open up a hundred thousand can's o' WHOOP-ASS on them!

but seriously, I vote for an ambush involving puppets and a molotov cocktail.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2009, 01:34:13 am »

I want Oldbeard to do a live-fire test of the pacemaker!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2009, 01:36:21 am »

I want Oldbeard to do a live-fire test of the pacemaker!

Soon my pupil, soon.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2009, 01:57:02 am »

Like the Khorne references, by the way.
The bloodiest way to start your day!

Listen up Muppets. The Khorne referral is merely coincidental. That is truely the Warcry for anyone who goes by the ways of Armok. Not only that, but look at the damn Black Templar over there. I'm on the Emperor's team, and I'll CRUSH YOU UNDER MY BOOT if you bring up Khorne again. And his flakes.

Also, I assure you, I can make a fine brew, and spin a finer tune, but I'm a Warrior through and through. I won't be sitting around in a mountain growing tower caps. I'll be out in the field, breaking skulls open and making soup from Greenskin bones!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2009, 02:06:15 am »

Like the Khorne references, by the way.
The bloodiest way to start your day!

Listen up Muppets. The Khorne referral is merely coincidental. That is truely the Warcry for anyone who goes by the ways of Armok. Not only that, but look at the damn Black Templar over there. I'm on the Emperor's team, and I'll CRUSH YOU UNDER MY BOOT if you bring up Khorne again. And his flakes.

Also, I assure you, I can make a fine brew, and spin a finer tune, but I'm a Warrior through and through. I won't be sitting around in a mountain growing tower caps. I'll be out in the field, breaking skulls open and making soup from Greenskin bones!

But goblin stew tastes terrible!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2009, 02:50:44 am »

Nonsense! It'll make you bastards tough! Yes, there is nothing like the taste of vomit in your mouth. Don't worry, you'll have blood to wash it down. Oh stop whining. We'll all go for some hardy Sewer Brew when we get to base...ah lads, if you get any greener, I may have to chop YOU up! Haha!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2009, 05:50:56 am »

Diary:

"Reaver", as Great Great Great Grandfather called it, spoke to me again, after weeks of silence. It complained that we ran away, it didn't get to kill anything, reminded me of how it killed dragons, titans, hydras and bronze colossi, etc. as usual when it's unhappy. The bow is fucking AWESOME! Wooden bolts shatter and burst into flames! Metal bolts become shots of molten doom! NOTHING WILL BE ABLE TO STAND IN DWARFDOM'S PATH! AND THE ELVES' PLOT WILL FAIL AGAINST OUR FIERY MIGHT! HAHAR!

Bomrek Bloodaxe

(Yesterday I realised I made a Discworld reference with his name ;D)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2009, 09:40:46 am »

Let's do the misdirection thing, like the Brits in WW2. Hundreds of wooden cut-out dwarfs in plain sight.

Epic Ambush.
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2009, 09:57:18 am »

I'm on the Emperor's team,

Inquisition: You're ideas and dreams are nothing, if your not with us you're a heretic, if you oppose the oppressive law of the imperial you are a heretic. If you are deemed unworthy, weak, strong willed or otherwise have a funny looking nose you are a heretic.

All heretics are exterminated in the most painful and excruciating way possible using technics and technology that we lost because we were forgot it and didn't look behind the sofa

Have a nice day

(and that's just the humans)
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2009, 10:08:58 am »

I'm on the Emperor's team,

Inquisition: You're ideas and dreams are nothing, if your not with us you're a heretic, if you oppose the oppressive law of the imperial you are a heretic. If you are deemed unworthy, weak, strong willed or otherwise have a funny looking nose you are a heretic.

All heretics are exterminated in the most painful and excruciating way possible using technics and technology that we lost because we were forgot it and didn't look behind the sofa

Have a nice day

(and that's just the humans)

You forgot skipping lines, sneezing, being to ill to worship the emperor,being executed by someone other than an inquisitor, breathing too loudly, breathing too quietly, not breathing, not enjoying every second under the emperor's divine protection,having an original idea, and so on and so forth...

Greenskins on the hand, do what they want, when they want.

But let's not get sidetracked by W40k on a DF thread.

The Khorne referral is merely coincidental.

However, saying "Blood for the Blood God!" and "Skulls for the Skull Throne!" aren't Khorne related is like saying "Waagh!!" isn't Orky. And is technically copyright infrigment.

Back to the story!!!
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2009, 01:58:58 pm »

Hm.

No. Invalid. Have a nice day.

GruffyBears and Metal Militia are enveloped in a fiery inferno.

Anyone else want to cause dissent? Good. All shall conform with the glorious God-Emperor and under that direction, Armok, God of Blood, who is totally not Khorne.

Also, I can say Blood For The Blood God all I freaking want out of context, and theres not a damn thing GW can do abou-

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2009, 02:06:14 pm »

Hm.

No. Invalid. Have a nice day.

GruffyBears and Metal Militia are enveloped in a fiery inferno.

Anyone else want to cause dissent? Good. All shall conform with the glorious God-Emperor and under that direction, Armok, God of Blood, who is totally not Khorne.

Also, I can say Blood For The Blood God all I freaking want out of context, and theres not a damn thing GW can do abou-

hand appears out of the floor and points to WorkerDrone

NO U
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 105